Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Summerslam 2018 *Spoilers*

Options
  • 18-07-2018 2:29pm
    #1
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭


    The point of the year when the WWE usually wake up from their post mania slump? They do seem like they are making an effort for it at least, I mean it sounds like Brock and the Universal title will actually show up!
    summerslam-2018-660x349.jpeg


    So Far: Ronda Rousey vs Alexa Bliss (c)
    Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns / Bobby Lashley


    Most likely:

    Becky Lynch vs Carmella (c)
    Daniel Bryan vs The Miz


    IF it actually builds to a match Sasha vs Bayley would have to be at Summerslam but who knows what they are doing there.

    AJ will be defending his title and Rusev getting another shot after his showing at the last PPV would make sense however if Raw don't do this maybe SD will make their title match a triple threat and include someone like Samoa Joe.

    The Bludgeons Brothers will no doubt defend their titles again but against who? Meanwhile maybe we will get some sort of pre-taped Hardy compound B Team title defense on Raw

    Not sure how Orton going heel on Jeff should lead to him vs Nakamura but surely Nakamura will have a challenger for his US title and Orton will have something to do (I've been hearing Jeff will take time off)


«1345678

Comments

  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    I'm actually half expecting it to be Miz/Bryan vs Bludgeon Brothers tbh, and see can they hold off a full match till Mania.


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston


    This is another mega-PPV, isn't it? 5 hour job?


  • Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009


    Possibly a cash in by Strowman but it's too obvious to happen at the event

    Always love the big 4 and hoping its a good event. Expect a Hulk Hogan appearance of some sort


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa


    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm actually half expecting it to be Miz/Bryan vs Bludgeon Brothers tbh, and see can they hold off a full match till Mania.

    I'd prefer to see DB in the title picture by then

    Let them have the stage at Summerslam and run the feud for the rest of the year, who wouldn't want to see Team Miz vs Team DB at Survivor Series before blowing off the feud at the last PPV before Bryan goes on to win the Rumble


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Possibly a cash in by Strowman but it's too obvious to happen at the event

    Always love the big 4 and hoping its a good event. Expect a Hulk Hogan appearance of some sort

    Lashley to win and Hogan to present him with the title!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2


    Assume this will be a ten hour job aye?


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    Just wait for Paige's announcement next week: "AJ Styles will face Roman Reigns at SummerSlam" :)

    Oh and I had to google out of curiosity as I was never sure, but the second 'S' is uppercase as well. The more you know


  • Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1


    Paul Heyman to cost Brock Lesnar the title and help who to win, Owens?

    Hoping Owens gets Strowman's MITB briefcase


  • Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Paul Heyman to cost Brock Lesnar the title and help who to win, Owens?

    Hoping Owens gets Strowman's MITB briefcase

    That would be Interesting and a future KO vs Brock match/Rivalry would be awesome but Brock as a face ???

    Would like to see Strowman as Champion too


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88


    if anything its another perfect opportunity to turn roman heel and side himself with the "devil" in heyman. Could set up the only way he could finally defeat brock was with help

    but enough with the stuff that wont happen i expect braun to cash in after easily beating KO and we get Roman/braun for the title for rest of the year


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    Meltzer saying the show is expected to go at least five hours, and could be six.

    That will surely make the Brooklyn crowd more accepting of the main event.


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston


    I think Braun cashes in before the main event starts to make it a triple threat. Because WWE faces are idiots and because they know it'll make the crowd less hostile.


  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_


    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meltzer saying the show is expected to go at least five hours, and could be six.

    That will surely make the Brooklyn crowd more accepting of the main event.

    Vince: How do we wear down the crowd to accept Brock/Reigns again.

    Writing Monkey: Make the show at least 5 hours, maybe 6, that'll burn them right out.

    Vince: That's a brilliant idea, DAMN IT.


    Or something along those lines.


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston


    Completely forgot about Cena. Even though he's part-time now, it's surprising he's not on their second biggest PPV.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2


    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meltzer saying the show is expected to go at least five hours, and could be six.

    That will surely make the Brooklyn crowd more accepting of the main event.

    I wish they realised that the longer a show is doesn't automatically mean its a more epic show. Its been the same for the last PPV'S, crowd get bored as the show meanders and then tedious bores online have the nerve to criticise them for not popping non stop for average PPV's that are around 4 hours long.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa


    Rjd2 wrote: »
    I wish they realised that the longer a show is doesn't automatically mean its a more epic show. Its been the same for the last PPV'S, crowd get bored as the show meanders and then tedious bores online have the nerve to criticise them for not popping non stop for average PPV's that are around 4 hours long.

    The cynic in me is thinking it helps in terms of the live sponsorship they do. It also increases the watchtime per person which is good at boardroom level and for anyone looking to invest in them, many people will only use the network for the live events so it helps with that I suppose.

    Shorter events like the NXT Takeovers are much more enjoyable, I even remember Backlash 2016 the first SD PPV where AJ won the title for the first time, came in at about 2.5 hours and was a seriously enjoyable event


  • Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1


    Could Dean Ambrose be back for Summer Slam?


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC


    Say what you will about WWE, their Video Production crew are amazing.

    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1029140889136914432?s=19


  • Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1


    The final lineup ppv card for SS

    Rusev and Lana vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega

    Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
    Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Drew Gulak

    Finn Bálor vs. Baron Corbin

    Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

    Tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
    The B-Team (Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel) (c) vs. The Revival (Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson)

    Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
    Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

    Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Dolph Ziggler (c) (with Drew McIntyre) vs. Seth Rollins (with Dean Ambrose)

    Triple threat match for the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
    Carmella (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair

    Singles match for the Money in the Bank contract
    Braun Strowman (MITB holder) vs. Kevin Owens

    Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
    The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) (c) vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods)

    Singles match for the WWE Championship
    AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe

    Singles match for the WWE Raw Women’s Championship
    Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Ronda Rousey

    Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
    Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns


  • Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The final lineup ppv card for SS

    Rusev and Lana vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega

    Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
    Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Drew Gulak

    Finn Bálor vs. Baron Corbin

    Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz

    Tag team match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
    The B-Team (Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel) (c) vs. The Revival (Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson)

    Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
    Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

    Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Dolph Ziggler (c) (with Drew McIntyre) vs. Seth Rollins (with Dean Ambrose)

    Triple threat match for the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
    Carmella (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair

    Singles match for the Money in the Bank contract
    Braun Strowman (MITB holder) vs. Kevin Owens

    Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
    The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) (c) vs. The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and/or Xavier Woods)

    Singles match for the WWE Championship
    AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe

    Singles match for the WWE Raw Women’s Championship
    Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Ronda Rousey

    Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
    Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns

    Not a bad card tbf and it's hard to predict some of the matches


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    Rusev, 205 and Raw tag titles on the preshow.

    One of these days, 205 Live will get a spot on the main card. I wouldn't complain if they swapped them with Corbin and Balor.

    I agree about the unpredictability.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89


    Only invested in Bryan vs Miz and by invested I mean enough to check the result and that's it.
    Seems like a looooong card, Balor vs Corbin & Lesnar vs Reigns are real losing the will to live matches I never wanted to see twice never mind this many times.


  • Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1


    Is Ambrose's heel turn so predictable it won't happen :p

    I'd love for the show to end with KO as champ


  • Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Ambrose's heel turn so predictable it won't happen :p

    I'd love for the show to end with KO as champ

    Could they have Rollins turn on Ambrose instead ??


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Could they have Rollins turn on Ambrose instead ??

    Been done and makes zero sense for current Rollins to do it


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston


    Balor needs to lose, badly. Give his character some motivation to not be a smiling idiot.


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral


    I'd say Lashley is thrilled he returned.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89


    Omackeral wrote:
    I'd say Lashley is thrilled he returned.

    I am sure like many he's more than happy with the pay but I'm also sure deep down many must also feel creatively hamstrung and unsatisfied with the pitiful output of the shows.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    I guess it's hard to be at the top when it's between Vince's golden boy and a part timer.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston


    Finn is absolutely buzzing for his match...

    https://twitter.com/ConnorJA_/status/1030783730934341632?s=19


Advertisement