Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating Foreigners

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

The consensus in this thread appears to be that Irish men tend to be more commonly going out with foreigners as opposed to Irish women, which I find strange tbh, and not at all what I witness in my own anecdotal experience. Its very common to see Irish girls with black/Muslim fellas on the streets these days........I don't think that I've ever seen one Irish man going with a Black/Muslim girl, only the odd east Asian.

You know there are foreign people who are not Muslim or black?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Pelvis wrote: »
    You know there are foreign people who are not Muslim or black?

And? I see many africans and muslims with nice irish girls but never the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

That is weird. You never see a young south dublin girl with some brazilian or spanish lad(it does happen but rarely) but you'll always see some young wan with a black or arab guy. Probably to do with social status.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jorah

Same thing in England you almost never see a white man with a black girlfriend.

9/10 times mixed race people have a black father and a white mother.

You can see this on Love Island UK where there are white girls with black/mixed race men yet the black/non white women rarely get a look in from the white guys.

I have my own theory as to why this is. You see a similar thing with East Asians. Whenever you get a half asian half white person in America the Father will usually be White and the mother Asian.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Jorah wrote: »

You can see this on Love Island UK where there are white girls with black/mixed race men yet the black/non white women rarely get a look in from the white guys.

I have my own theory as to why this is. You see a similar thing with East Asians. Whenever you get a half asian half white person in America the Father will usually be White and the mother Asian.

I also have my own theory, and is related to sizes. Small men go for east asian as they think they fit better there. Women also search for sizes and go with africans. You also add the big percentage of homosexual european men and you will see way more white women with non white men than white men and non white women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Cina wrote: »
    And then you woke up.

Johnny gets a pass. It's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Das Reich wrote: »
    I also have my own theory, and is related to sizes. Small men go for east asian as they think they fit better there. Women also search for sizes and go with africans. You also add the big percentage of homosexual european men and you will see way more white women with non white men than white men and non white women.

Size is definitely a factor...... larger ladies tend to struggle to find white/Caucasian/European men willing to accept their size as attractive whereas a lot of black/African men seem to prefer the larger women.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Size is definitely a factor...... larger ladies tend to struggle to find white/Caucasian/European men willing to accept their size as attractive whereas a lot of black/African men seem to prefer the larger VISA women.

FYP :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

.... He wouldn't be getting out on his own ever.

A bit whimsical there ......
    Don't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Yeah it's all ponies and roses until the baby comes along and looks like a spud. Mine could have had all the nice traits of Alpine people, my genes seem to be some weak sh1te though so it looks like a translucent New potato.

• Advertisement

shakeitoff wrote: »
    That is weird. You never see a young south dublin girl with some brazilian or spanish lad(it does happen but rarely) but you'll always see some young wan with a black or arab guy. Probably to do with social status.

More to do with jealousy from the Muslim guys. It's the same with Indian guys. There's more cultural stigma against a muslim/hindi woman dating a western guy, than a muslim/hindi guy dating a western woman. Kazak men have a certain reputation of being very possessive (in a dangerous way) of their women when it comes to western guys dating them, whereas you'll often see Kazak guys dating western women.

I've dated both a Indian woman, and a Kazak woman, and both times received violent threats from the males.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I have not dated an Irishwoman since 2007, last 2 gf's were Polish and my current is from Czech Republic. She is fantastic and has a great sense of humour, very thoughtful and caring and a great communicator and very loving.

I think Irishwoman are too bossy and controlling and never happy, always complaining and moaning. All my mates who are married to Irishwoman are miserable and in unhappy marriages.

Im a well travelled lad and will always go with the foreign option as compared to local opotion here in Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

kravmaga wrote: »
    I have not dated an Irishwoman since 2007, last 2 gf's were Polish and my current is from Czech Republic. She is fantastic and has a great sense of humour, very thoughtful and caring and a great communicator and very loving.

I think Irishwoman are too bossy and controlling and never happy, always complaining and moaning. All my mates who are married to Irishwoman are miserable and in unhappy marriages.

Im a well travelled lad and will always go with the foreign option as compared to local opotion here in Dublin :D

You sound charming , judging a all women in a country negatively . Maybe all your mates are bad husbands .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    You sound charming , judging a all women in a country negatively . Maybe all your mates are bad husbands .

Negative nellie type lol:D

Read my post again and less of the drama queen comments.

Where did I judge all the women of the country??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

When you said Irish women are too bossy, controlling, always moaning and never happy perhaps??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Negative nellie type lol:D

Read my post again and less of the drama queen comments.

Where you said " I think Irishwomen are bossy and controlling "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

When you said Irish women are too bossy, controlling, always moaning and never happy perhaps??

yeah but he actually meant : Irish women are very assertive and have high standards

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Curious as to what you mean by this? Ruin the family line?

Habsburg jaw.

Thats my personal experience of dating Irishwomen, where did I say every mna in Ireland is like that, cool the jets and smoke a J dude :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

All my mates who are married to Irishwoman are miserable and in unhappy marriages.

"All"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

wexie wrote: »
    I don't know if that's so much a cultural thing as a personal thing. Perhaps in Asian women but I've certainly known plenty of foreign ladettes.

Canadian, American, Swedish, Finnish, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, to name a few.
    That's true, though a difference I've noticed is that many Irish women when they are interested in a guy for whatever reason don't seem to feel at all comfortable approaching them, I've often heard female friends describe it like it was some big social faux pas. With the countries you have listed a good few (certainly German, Canadian and American, also Swedes, Spanish and Dutch from people I know who live/have lived there... also Aussies), the women may not be as direct as guys but if they're interested in you they will up come to you to make conversation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I find foreign women appreciate Irish men more than our own......especially in countries where (unlike here) they are 2nd class citizens. But overall I am getting the popcorn for the rest of this thread as I know it'll get good.

TBH you're probably got the closest reason for it...it if is the case at all. Some nationalities/cultures have different attitudes towards women, so foreign women prefer how they are treated by Irish men. Similarly, Irish women wouldn't like the way some cultures treat/think about women.

I dated a foreigner, then he moved home. Tried the long distance thing but neither of us had any intention of relocating permanently, so....

Simple answer is girls not from Ireland generally, take pride in their apperance, are not stuck up and are up for a laugh

What does taking pride in your appearance involve? Being skinny? Wearing makeup? Or what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

wexie wrote: »
    yeah but he actually meant : Irish women are very assertive and have high standards

;)

There's the thing a lot of the men in these Eastern European countries are incredibly backwards and have less respect for women. It's clear from talking to them and the attitudes they have towards Irish women especially.

So no wonder the Eastern European women seem so perfect to Irish men! Most of them are told what to do at home and told look good look after the kids etc etc. They get with an Irish man and it's like Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I have one friend who's been through a few foreign boyfriends, one married to an Indian guy, one married to an Italian and one gay friend who is very much all about his Latino men but yeah overall probably would have come across slightly more couples that are the other way around

Irish men who don't or haven't gone out with Irish women sure as hell TALK about it a fcukload more though. Plenty Irish women going out with foreign lads but IME they just get on with it rather than use it as a stick to beat poor auld Irish men with.

All my partners have been Irish but I have a thing for black guys as do many many many white women. You'd rarely hear white men saying the same, not surprising it's the way the couples usually work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SilverPenney

Jorah wrote: »

That program is oddly an education on attraction. The black girl cannot for love nor money get a fella after her while everyone swoons after the masculine black fellas.

When I worked in London a few years ago I actually had a fling with a woman of Carribean background. Despite having feelings for one another, we were both agreed that we wouldn't settle together as we both wanted children of our own races (yes, people of all backgrounds have that basic urge). Today I'm in a long term relationship with a German and her with a black Englishman (we still keep in touch).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

FYP :pac:
    Jump over to youtube and check out a few rap videos, it's not necessarily the visas they're after. ;)

"All"?

Yes indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Ive noticed it with my own circle a few irish lads are with foreign girls, no Irish girls i know of are with foreign lads. Maybe irish girls arent all that atractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

pauliebdub wrote: »
    Ive noticed it with my own circle a few irish lads are with foreign girls, no Irish girls i know of are with foreign lads. Maybe irish girls arent all that atractive.

Here we go.

Lads, very few of ye look like Michael Fassbender. And he’s half-German!

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Where you said " I think Irishwomen are bossy and controlling "

Chill out , thats my opinion and I have given it, we obviously disagree, no biggie

Advertisement