Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 148th Open at Royal Portrush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Poker Face

coylemj wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the BBC is showing any of the play live? I realise that Saturday and Sunday (as with Augusta) is as much as we could expect.

The BBC Sport website has a golf home page where there is a link to 'live golf coverage on the BBC' but it just takes you to a generic live sport page where is no data on golf.

I've sent a tweet to @iaincartergolf and will post an update here if he responds.

Won't be any live coverage on BBC, Sky have the rights for it. Best you will get is highlights that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Hi,

Is anybody aware of any day trips by bus from Dublin to Portrush for the Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

Sorry to post the same question again. I've never been to an Open before and I am going on the final day. I am staying in Belfast and travelling by train to and from Portrush. In previous years the first tee time on the final day is 8am and the leader usually tee off around 2.30pm.

What is a reasonable time to aim to be at the course for? I am aiming for 10am ish. I will hardly miss too much going for this time? Looking at getting the 8.10am train from Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mine arrived yesterday

Mine were waiting for me when I got home after posting above!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

Just tried to book my train tickets for the Saturday. Pretty much all sold out so had to take the 6.35am service. Hopefully I'll still be able to rock up and get on a later service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone get their tickets yet on e-ticket?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Not yet for me

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

techdiver wrote: »
    Sorry to post the same question again. I've never been to an Open before and I am going on the final day. I am staying in Belfast and travelling by train to and from Portrush. In previous years the first tee time on the final day is 8am and the leader usually tee off around 2.30pm.

What is a reasonable time to aim to be at the course for? I am aiming for 10am ish. I will hardly miss too much going for this time? Looking at getting the 8.10am train from Belfast.

Yep, that’s probably not too bad, 10-15 min walk from train station, might be best to book ur train as a post above says they are nearly booked out

redhill wrote: »
    Yep, that’s probably not too bad, 10-15 min walk from train station, might be best to book ur train as a post above says they are nearly booked out

Sunday was no problem, just the saturday. Probably best to do it sooner rather than later anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Messi19 wrote: »
    Not yet for me

wont let me print them yet either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

According to an email I received about them it stated:
    If you have selected 'e-Tickets', we will send you an email around 4 weeks before The Open with instructions detailing how to download tickets to your mobile phone or print them off from home.

So should be some time over the next few days/next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

E-Tickets are available for printing today. Just printed mine there. Names have to be put on the ticket to be checked with ID at the entrance apparently. Worth bearing in mind for anyone planning on selling any tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

E-Tickets are available for printing today. Just printed mine there. Names have to be put on the ticket to be checked with ID at the entrance apparently. Worth bearing in mind for anyone planning on selling any tickets.

Need to sell mine for Sunday. Looks like you can put any name on them. I hope anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

mossy464 wrote: »
    Need to sell mine for Sunday. Looks like you can put any name on them. I hope anyway.

Yeah seems that way. But once you put a name on it and print or save it you can't change the name. So best hold off until you know who is taking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Russman

Yeah, mine are available to print today !
    Just on the name printing, and take this with a pinch of salt if you want, I called their ticket line and the guy said there won’t be any ID checks to tickets. He said one of the things with the names was if people want to keep a momento or get a ticket signed by a player, it’ll have their name on it. He might have been blowing smoke up my a$$, but that’s what he said. I was explaining to him that I didn’t know who was going to use mine as one of intended users has had surgery and can’t go. Might be worth a call to confirm........

It looks like none of us are going to bother heading up now, so I’ll likely have 4 Friday tickets and a car park ticket to shift on in the next week or two, but I won’t print anything yet !!

Yeah names on the tickets are just to make it more personal, it doesn't matter who uses the ticket.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Norf Tyrone

Anyone got a spare Thurs ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

I have 2 Friday tickets and parking available if anyone is interested. Posted in the for sale thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

I bought tickets to Thursday on the open website roughly a year ago but can't find any transaction history or tickets available when I log into my account. Think I went for e-ticket/print at home option. Anyone else with a similar issue? Doubting that I actually bought tickets now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

franglan wrote: »
    I bought tickets to Thursday on the open website roughly a year ago but can't find any transaction history or tickets available when I log into my account. Think I went for e-ticket/print at home option. Anyone else with a similar issue? Doubting that I actually bought tickets now...

Panic over, friend bought them not me. Sorry for confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Redo91 wrote: »
    Only getting around to looking at accommodation now. I’m going the Sunday and thinking of staying the Saturday and Sunday night but could potentially travel back to Galway on the Sunday if accommodation is extortionate.

Just wondering where are people staying? I know Coleraine is nearby but I’m guess it’s expensive as a result. I think Derry is the best option as it’s an hour away and I seem to be able to find two nights accommodation for three of us for just over €300 which is good. Mind you not many options appearing. I assume some sort of shuttle will be running from Derry?

Anyone staying in Belfast or is that too far away?

Any advice would be great.
    This may be extreme, but I am staying In Dundalk and driving up each day.
    The drive should take about 2h 15m.
    I plan to go to two practice days, and four tournament days.

This may be extreme, but I am staying In Dundalk and driving up each day.
    The drive should take about 2h 15m.
    I plan to go to two practice days, and four tournament days.

Dundalk isn't a bad option. We're going Saturday and Sunday and staying in Belfast. Only train I could get from Belfast for the Saturday was 6.35 am so we'll have to be on the road from Dublin at about 4am. Gonna be a long day!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Try Airbnb, I got a place last week for Thursday night (only going Friday) and it's only half hour away Limavady

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Have 2 full weeks for FV, if anyone is going and hasn't got sorted.

Going on the Friday and driving up and down on the day. Going to be a long day but I'll leave early. I'd be happy with 6 hours on the course.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Going on the Friday and driving up and down on the day. Going to be a long day but I'll leave early. I'd be happy with 6 hours on the course.

It's a killer drive up and back your looking at 6 7!hours all in. I done it a few years ago.

It's a killer drive up and back your looking at 6 7!hours all in. I done it a few years ago.

Yeah it's going to be a nice spin but it's only 1 day and I'm off for the weekend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yeah it's going to be a nice spin but it's only 1 day and I'm off for the weekend.

Saturday is to be ****e. When you up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Russman

Should be a great day, enjoy !
    I did it a few years ago to Portstewart for the Irish Open, but tbh its what put me off doing it again this year, it was such a long day. Now that its getting closer though, I'm almost half wishing I didn't put my tickets up for sale, but only "almost" !!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm doing the Friday too, plan on being at the range at 6am and staying until all golf is over, won't be home to wee hours, then brush it all off and up to Boards outing in Castleknock Saturday, can collapse Saturday night!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement