Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 148th Open at Royal Portrush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I presume you bring your own tent?

No its all set up for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

can you bring your own tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭blackwhite

slave1 wrote: »
    D5mH_q3X4AEwMmm.jpg[IMG][/img]

Looks like a decent viewing spot around the greens on 6, 8, 10

can you bring your own tent?

No, not in the official campsite

Is there any chat about children, I don't think there were any tickets for sale for children when the tickets were released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

Is there any chat about children, I don't think there were any tickets for sale for children when the tickets were released.

Section from email I received.
    Important Ticket Information

With just two months to go until The 148th Open at Royal Portrush, we wanted to remind spectators about some important information ahead of this summer's Championship:

There will be no 'Kids Go Free' Junior Tickets available on the gates on sold-out days.

Any Junior wishing to attend The Open on a sold-out day must already be in possession of a ticket before travelling to The Open. This includes any infants who are being carried in a baby sling, baby carrier or a pushchair.

Currently, all Championship Days (Thursday-Sunday) are sold-out, and so any Under 16s who do not have tickets secured for those days will not be permitted entry into the course.

If you have tickets for any of the Practice Days (Sunday 14 - Wednesday 17 July) and want to bring Under 16s with you, we suggest that you secure tickets in advance by contacting The Open Ticket office below.

Why did they not warn of this earlier on or last year when tickets were released. Maybe they did but i just missed it.

Why did they not warn of this earlier on or last year when tickets were released. Maybe they did but i just missed it.

Theres a full page on the website, can't miss it.

Tickets arrived yesterday in the post.......

Its gonna be savage!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

What’s the story with selling tickets?
    Looking like I can’t go on the day I bought for. Went for online tickets. Am I screwed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Still waiting on tickets, are they being posted out or available through PDF to print off?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

Still waiting on tickets, are they being posted out or available through PDF to print off?

Got mine in the post on monday. You should be able to logon at theopen.com and see if you opted for etickets or post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Mine saying e-tickets, but not available to print yet. I’d imagine they’ll only be printable close to the week to avoid possibility for touting etc

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Tickets arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

On the website it says my tickets as sent and ticket production the 14th May! Should i be worried that i haven't received them yet? Anyone else having the same comments on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

LastLagoon wrote: »
    What’s the story with selling tickets?
    Looking like I can’t go on the day I bought for. Went for online tickets. Am I screwed?

Are these still for sale (and can they be sold/transferred)? Have been to the last 3 opens and somehow managed to miss out on tickets the year it's on over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

qwabercd wrote: »
    Are these still for sale (and can they be sold/transferred)? Have been to the last 3 opens and somehow managed to miss out on tickets the year it's on over here!

I hope they can be sold or transferred because if not I have two tickets that are going to go to waste. I cant really sell them until they send them out though :(

etxp wrote: »

I hope they can be sold or transferred because if not I have two tickets that are going to go to waste. I cant really sell them until they send them out though :(

What day are they for and how many tickets?

I'm looking for a spare ticket for the Friday if anyone has one.

They are for Friday, one I definitely don't need and the other I will know in the next week or so if I need it. Unlikely I will.

• Advertisement

They are for Friday, one I definitely don't need and the other I will know in the next week or so if I need it. Unlikely I will.

Keep me in mind via pm if qwabercd doesnt want that particular day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Perfect, if there's 2 up for sale once you know send me a PM and we can fix up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 drawrj

On the website it says my tickets as sent and ticket production the 14th May! Should i be worried that i haven't received them yet? Anyone else having the same comments on the website

It's showing the same for me...

Edit: Tickets where waiting for me when I got home from work

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Has any gotten their tickets yet? I tried to log in to the site but it doesnt recognise my username any more. I emailed them my receipt by no response yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭techdiver

I'm going on the Sunday. What's the opinion here of what time I should aim to be there at? I'm staying in Belfast and plan to get one of the special service trains to Portrush. The trains run at 6.10am and every 30 minutes thereafter until 9.40. Roughly 1.5 hour journey.

Has any gotten their tickets yet? I tried to log in to the site but it doesnt recognise my username any more. I emailed them my receipt by no response yet

I have the two I ordered to be sent by post. I have another 4 though that I ordered to be e-tickets and I cant print them yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My postal tickets haven't arrived yet, but they did say 3-4 weeks before the tournament starts

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

My postal tickets haven't arrived yet, but they did say 3-4 weeks before the tournament starts

Mine arrived yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does anyone know if the BBC is showing any of the play live? I realise that Saturday and Sunday (as with Augusta) is as much as we could expect.

The BBC Sport website has a golf home page where there is a link to 'live golf coverage on the BBC' but it just takes you to a generic live sport page where is no data on golf.

I've sent a tweet to @iaincartergolf and will post an update here if he responds.

Advertisement