Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 148th Open at Royal Portrush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Weather is looking rough for tomorrow afternoon. Wonder will they bring the tee times forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Redo91 wrote: »
    On the way up today from Galway for the final round tomorrow. We are staying in Portrush tonight and tomorrow night. I’m guessing it’s in Portrush we should be hanging around for the atmosphere? Any good recommendations for restaurants and bars? Heard a bit about the harbour bar.

harbour bar is good but rammed... kiwi bar on main street is great, live music downstairs and great food. We sat beside snedeker and horschel on Tuesday night in there, 5 mins from the course

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What time did Waringb tee off at? He went around pretty quick.

I found the distances the public were kept from play was a little far. They could have moved the ropes a bit closer like in the Irish open.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's probably been mentioned here but the staff at portrush have done a superb job on getting the course looking in top shape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Have BBC lost the Saturday and Sunday live coverage?

Happy4all wrote: »
    Have BBC lost the Saturday and Sunday live coverage?
    Yes I think they lost all live coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭sliabh 1956

"Have BBC lost the Saturday and Sunday live coverage?"

Indded they have its just a highlights package later on in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭policy75

Wonder if jb Holmes will wreck Lowry's head with his slow play

policy75 wrote: »
    Wonder if jb Holmes will wreck Lowry's head with his slow play

hopefully he doesn't. It was mentioned in commentary that tomorrow is meant to nasty weather wise. Like how bad is it meant to get exactly ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭obi604

Sorry if asked before. What channel can the open be viewed on?

obi604 wrote: »
    Sorry if asked before. What channel can the open be viewed on?

Sky Sports. BBC lost out in a bidding war.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

What we thinking for Lowry today? I'm thinking a -2 possibly even -1 round will keep him top going into tomorrow. There's not a whole pile of low rounds so far today.

corkboy38 wrote: »
    What we thinking for Lowry today? I'm thinking a -2 possibly even -1 round will keep him top going into tomorrow. There's not a whole pile of low rounds so far today.

There's a few scores to be had out there - McDowell in the house with a 68. Course will play tougher today, anything under par for Lowry puts him in prime position ahead of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Trampas

BBC gave up their live coverage a year early. Never mind a bidding war.

Only for Sky golf coverage be in the gutter. Only see a few events a year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

You can watch Shane and JB live on The Open website at 1550

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Skys coverage is good in fairness, but crazy the Open isnt on terrestrial tv, should be a listed event. Imagine the outcry if the cricket final hadnt been on free to air last week. Its an own goal for sports to be shutting themselves off from a wider viewership like this.

Anyway, Stenson well in the mix, dangerous man if he gets into a groove here.

There's a few scores to be had out there - McDowell in the house with a 68. Course will play tougher today, anything under par for Lowry puts him in prime position ahead of tomorrow.

Wind has also dropped a bit now
    Commentators on The Open radio are saying there are a few tougher pin positions today.
    Felt Shane wobbled a bit too much at 16,17 and 18 for a Friday. Hopefully he can shoot At least another 67

Wind has also dropped a bit now

Felt Shane wobbled a bit too much at 16,17 and 18 for a Friday. Hopefully he can shoot At least another 67

he can count himself lucky not to be a couple or three shots worse off on how he was fortunate with lies (bunker rake - said himself it was very lucky) and reliefs (17th) that he got on those holes yesterday.

not sure if the lead group suits him - hopefully he can somehow play his own game without the situation getting to him and also keep his focus as he can let it wander at times.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    he can count himself lucky not to be a couple or three shots worse off on how he was fortunate with lies (bunker rake - said himself it was very lucky) and reliefs (17th) that he got on those holes yesterday.

not sure if the lead group suits him - hopefully he can somehow play his own game without the situation getting to him and also keep his focus as he can let it wander at times.

Lead group won’t suit him tomorrow anyway! Rain forecast for the afternoon with a pickup in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,143 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Putnam is a great name for a golfer:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

Danny Willett creeping into contention, -4 after 10 brings him to -5 overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

corkboy38 wrote: »
    Danny Willett creeping into contention, -4 after 10 brings him to -5 overall.

All the stuff he had to put up with after that Masters great to see him back playing well imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fritelli taking out the flag for a putt a matter of inches just annoyed me. He leaves it in for a c. 10ft, put goes to effort of taking it out for the tap in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

So Laura Davies thinks Lowry is British.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Mushy wrote: »
    Fritelli taking out the flag for a putt a matter of inches just annoyed me. He leaves it in for a c. 10ft, put goes to effort of taking it out for the tap in

I’m guessing it’s in Cade he hit the flag with his putter. Would that be a penalty?? I really should know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

So Laura Davies thinks Lowry is British.

He is until he loses anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I’m guessing it’s in Cade he hit the flag with his putter. Would that be a penalty?? I really should know that.

Even if that was a penalty, would want to be fierce stupid to be able to hit it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Yes, but to their credit the BBC won the rights to broadcast the Boat Race. :cool:

Advertisement