Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 148th Open at Royal Portrush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭redhill

But today, yesterday and sunday were listed on the open site. Just not Wednesday

They will appear tonight if last 2 days are anything to go by, today’s appeared yesterday evening

carrick76 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the story with car parking is? I've a hotel booked for Wednesday and Thursday night in Portrush. The hotel doesn't have parking. I've booked the park and ride for Wednesday and Thursday but apparently you can't leave the car overnight in the park and ride.

I imagine it will be busy in Portrush, I'm travelling up from Galway, would I be better to park in the train station in Coleraine and get the train to avail of overnight parking?
    U can park on Street in Portrush and leave it there, at night it dies down a bit and You will get a space if u are patient, somewhere around the harbour or Ramore Ave, or beside it in the Lansdowne area, there is also a big car park at top of Lansdowne that I think is free public parking all this week, look those streets up on google maps, what hotel are u in, u can walk to course in 10-12 mins from most so u won’t need ur car all week, if the worst comes to it u can drive to Portstewart (2mins) park near park n ride number 4, leave it there, get park n ride back and ur sorted,

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Anyone have a rough idea when the last tee time will start on the Sunday? Will it be in and around the 3/4pm mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭carrick76

Chopper83 wrote: »
    I was planning on parking overnight in the Coleraine University park and ride which is close to Portstewart

I emailed the official ticket help desk and they replied that you can't leave your car overnight in the Park and Rides.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

carrick76 wrote: »
    I emailed the official ticket help desk and they replied that you can't leave your car overnight in the Park and Rides.

Just pay for two days ?

• Advertisement

tbayers wrote: »
    Anyone have a rough idea when the last tee time will start on the Sunday? Will it be in and around the 3/4pm mark?

Imagine it will be more like 2.30/ 3 to allow for a possible playoff. It was 2.45 last year. That of course may change if weather is bad!

Practice day 4 tee times are up now, not too many booked in so far

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Just pay for two days ?

I did and I explained that I had bought parking for 2 days in my email. They said you can't leave overnight and that I could get towed. Might chance it and leave ticket for Thursday on display or park in Portrush centre like other poster kindly pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Chopper83

I was in Portrush yesterday and there were cones everywhere stopping people from parking. Best bet in Portstewart if so.

Chopper83 wrote: »
    I was in Portrush yesterday and there were cones everywhere stopping people from parking. Best bet in Portstewart if so.

That’s at the course side of town, I took the kids to Barry’s amusements last nite and was able to go in and park no problems along the aforementioned streets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TheSJC

Spare ticket for Thursday available at face value (£80/€90). Will be sent via e-mail. Please PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

One Ticket for sale for Thursday. Face value. hard copy. Available for collection in Dublin tomorrow until 6pm. Then Im on my way to Portrush!! PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 davecronin

Late notice but anyone want a free ticket for today? (Wednesday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Adiaga 2 wrote: »
    Driving up from Dublin on the Friday. What's the best route? Through Belfast or A28/A29?

I've been doing that trip very regularly for 20 years now, up until the completion of the m1 and link with dual carriageway on northern side, I'd always go a28/28. Now I take it when I'm in no hurry and I feel nostalgic, it's shorter distance wise, 20ish miles, but I'm practically guaranteed 2 hr 45 mins via Belfast, which on a great day the a28/29 can match, but it can also easily hit 4 hours. Single lanes, tractors, towns.....
    Try not to hit Belfast at usual rush hours and it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Conorf2019

Hi all,

Any tickets going for the Friday or Sunday? Can pickup at course or Dublin area

Open fever has set in and getting FOMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Will it just be Sky coverage or can we watch it somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Was up there yesterday
    FANTASTIC!

Great set up, Sky Zone was cool, 7th hole looks unreal, one of the nicest looking holes I've ever seen. walked pretty much all of the course, will see it so different on tele now at the weekend.
    Got lessons in the tented village, got to try the robot simulator set at Deshambles swing (weird).
    Got my name 12th on the Long drive simulator St Andrews 18th hole at 277 yards, I'm sure by the weekend I'll be pushed down to 20th :D
    free loch lomond whiskey tasting and the whiskey cocktails were bloody tasty. recommend the middle one, sorry can't remember name
    enjoy everyone

davecronin wrote: »
    Late notice but anyone want a free ticket for today? (Wednesday)

Still available Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

McIlroy is regarded as the favourite, I honestly don't fathom the hype in Portrush. His high ball flight is an uneasy fit for links golf, particularly if the wind kicks up. Mind you, I would be delighted to eat these words on Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hard to look past Brooks again, he's unreal In the majors.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Weather looking terrible, will see how the good the pro's really are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

McIlroy is regarded as the favourite, I honestly don't fathom the hype in Portrush. His high ball flight is an uneasy fit for links golf, particularly if the wind kicks up. Mind you, I would be delighted to eat these words on Sunday evening.

I agree on both counts, when was the last time Rory played a knock down 7 iron 120yards to a back pin into stiff cross breeze?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

He has the course record, hence the hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Seve OB wrote: »
    Was up there yesterday
    FANTASTIC!

Great set up, Sky Zone was cool, 7th hole looks unreal, one of the nicest looking holes I've ever seen. walked pretty much all of the course, will see it so different on tele now at the weekend.
    Got lessons in the tented village, got to try the robot simulator set at Deshambles swing (weird).
    Got my name 12th on the Long drive simulator St Andrews 18th hole at 277 yards, I'm sure by the weekend I'll be pushed down to 20th :D
    free loch lomond whiskey tasting and the whiskey cocktails were bloody tasty. recommend the middle one, sorry can't remember name
    enjoy everyone

Sounds amazing Seve. Can't wait to get up there. How did you get on with regards using a bank card? Did everywhere inside accept it or was cash king?

AdamD wrote: »

Yeah there is a degree of that but it's a different course now. More to do with him being local albeit a couple of hours down the road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

AdamD wrote: »

Let's not forget that included the blandest of straight holes in the old 17th and 18th.
    These are now gone and replaced with much tougher holes.

But yes, agreed on the hype especially considering his age at the time, he even lipped some putts on the day, a nice piece on The Open YT channel where he says he can still remember ever shot of that round so he obviously thinks about it pretty regularly

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,577 ✭✭✭blackwhite

kopkidda wrote: »
    Weather looking terrible, will see how the good the pro's really are.

Terrible is a bit of an exaggeration?

It won't be the perfect conditions that they get on the PGA, but it's not exactly going to be Royal St Georges in 2011 either.

UK Met office has it as follows:

Thurs: Cloudy changing to light showers by late morning
    Fri: Cloudy changing to light showers by lunchtime
    Sat: Cloudy
    Sun: Sunny intervals changing to cloudy by late morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ThunderCat wrote: »
    Sounds amazing Seve. Can't wait to get up there. How did you get on with regards using a bank card? Did everywhere inside accept it or was cash king?

no sterling in the pocket
    contactless was accepted everywhere right down as far as the Mr Whippy truck

• Advertisement

redhill wrote: »
    U can park on Street in Portrush and leave it there, at night it dies down a bit and You will get a space if u are patient, somewhere around the harbour or Ramore Ave, or beside it in the Lansdowne area, there is also a big car park at top of Lansdowne that I think is free public parking all this week, look those streets up on google maps, what hotel are u in, u can walk to course in 10-12 mins from most so u won’t need ur car all week, if the worst comes to it u can drive to Portstewart (2mins) park near park n ride number 4, leave it there, get park n ride back and ur sorted,

Got parking on street...thanks for the tip Redhill!

Advertisement