Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 226: Miocic v Cormier & Holloway vs Ortega

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Holloway via KO/TKO
    All the underdogs on the main event got it done. Delighted for DC, didn't get it done how I thought he would but got it done. Stipe started great but I thought DC was getting on top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Stipe via Submission
    Can't believe he knocked him out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DC via KO/TKO
    DC gonna beat him when Hunto jumps the cage and nails Lesnar with a chair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ortega via Decision
    I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Delighted for dc. When the time comes he can definitely retire happy can't imagine he's going to be too bothered about Jones now If he doesn't get another shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Wow.. Delighted for DC! Amazing stuff!

The Lesnar stuff was pretty cringeworthy though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

DC will absolutely wreck Lesnar. Dana will have been loving that promo but having Brock in the ring was an accident waiting to happen. The man is a pure tramp.

Cracking KO from DC. Stipe absolutely on queer street and was pushing Goddard as he got up. He'll be back but not sure he'll ever be champ again.

Only thing that really ruined the occasion was the sight of Rockhold prancing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Lesner is an absolute monster! Imagine if he had DCs skill set :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

That was pathetic. Final nail in the coffin for the ufc. I'm done.

Stipe via Submission
    How can they have Brock back after failing the test at 200. That was so scripted an cringey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DC via KO/TKO
    Delighted for DC, he’s definitely in the GOAT conversation now. Also, I love this photo. :)

DhjsFyXUcAE9IZh?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

How can they have Brock back after failing the test at 200. That was so scripted an cringey

The same way they have anyone back. Token suspension then back in the testing pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭finglashoop

The same way they have anyone back. Token suspension then back in the testing pool.

ill be surprised if he doesnt fail a test and see this fight fall apart.

And i presume he will now become the most tested athlete for the next 6 months or so

• Registered Users Posts: 29,503 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ortega via Decision
    I'm not the biggest fan of DC but goddamn how can you not respect him. The Lesnar thing was cringey and most likely fight won't happen because roids but i have to say, DC has earned that fat paycheck and to retire then dropping both belts as one of the greatest champions ever. Good for you DC Double Champ!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Lesnar thing was as WWE as youll get but will sell a ****load of ppvs. Lesnar back in the testing pool now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You edited your comment from earlier..

I never knew excess drinking of water could cause concussion like symptoms anyway, just bad on the heart I though.

Mainly affects the brain afaik. Cells swelling creates excess intracranial pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Enjoyable card bar the shocker co-main. Yeah the Brock entrance was scripted and cringey but still a bit of craic, creates a bit of hype anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Holloway via Submission
    i am still in shock at DC winning by knock out but bloody hell well done DC. stipe was totally out of it didnt know where he was pushing goddard.

the lesner stuff was stupid to watch.

the lewis Vs Ngannou fight literally out me asleep.

overall it was a good card

Stipe via Submission

Doesn't he have to serve a year ban ones he comes out of retirement and then have him tested for that year too? I didn't think Dana had any power over USADA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ortega via KO/TKO
    Over the moon for DC, but a dampener but on the whole thing by:

1) The UFC somehow even outdoing themselves in the scumbag stakes by allowing Brock back after burying his positive test ahead of UFC 200 to save the card after the Jones incident.

2) The absolutely embarrassing, pre-planned WWE style promo with Brock and DC after the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Inviere

Holloway via Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    The absolutely embarrassing, pre-planned WWE style promo with Brock and DC after the fight.

As scripted as it was, once the fights are actual fights, you can't even mention UFC and WWE in the same sentence imo.

DC was pure class, what a win.

Doesn't he have to serve a year ban ones he comes out of retirement and then have him tested for that year too? I didn't think Dana had any power over USADA

Hes halfway through now so a fight could happen in January. Likely both retire after.

No issue with the WWE promo. Best coverage UFC have had since McGregor smashed up the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Ortega via KO/TKO
    So Cormier is touching 40 and seems to be getting better and better. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I reckon DC would absolutely destroy lesnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Will certainly be an interesting fight. Lesnar will likely cover up, get in close, and look to out wrestle him.

DC is a damn good wrestler, but had McMahon not driven to his house with a truck full of cash, Lesnar would have been an Olympian, and likely favourite for the gold medal.

It's the one area he is just better than everyone else.

Stipe via Submission
    The Nal wrote: »
    Hes halfway through now so a fight could happen in January. Likely both retire after.

No issue with the WWE promo. Best coverage UFC have had since McGregor smashed up the bus.

Half way through? So he's been in the testing pool and un-retired the last 6 months?

Half way through? So he's been in the testing pool and un-retired the last 6 months?

No but he retired about six months into his 1 year suspension. So about 6 months left now that hes out of retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ortega via KO/TKO
    So the UFC are trying to claim that Brock has been in the testing pool but his activity has been “hidden.”

Aye, good one lads. :pac:

If he fails a test it’ll be buried until after that event anyway, same as last time.

Shambles.

• Advertisement

Stipe via Submission
    The Nal wrote: »
    No but he retired about six months into his 1 year suspension. So about 6 months left now that hes out of retirement.

A quick Google tells you he retired around 4 weeks after being banned .?

Advertisement