Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 226: Miocic v Cormier & Holloway vs Ortega

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 DeusVolt

Also Volkov just weighed in at 236 as a back up for the main event. Interesting

They paying the likes of Volkov to be in shape? Dana seems to expect fighters to be at his beck and call 24/7. Freaked out over Gastellum not taking a fight on a day's notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

DeusVolt wrote: »
    They paying the likes of Volkov to be in shape? Dana seems to expect fighters to be at his beck and call 24/7. Freaked out over Gastellum not taking a fight on a day's notice.

Yes Volkov would get paid for being ready to fight, he’d have it easier than anyone cutting weight in the lower divisions would have

Even at $100k or so its worth it because without the main event as well as the co main event the card is basically Fix standard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Holloway via Submission
    has there been any official word on what happened to max?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Stipe via Submission
    tommyboy26 wrote: »
    has there been any official word on what happened to max?

Haven't heard anything. Going by the way people are talking, it's to do with weight cut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

There has been a suggestion from Dana that it may be related to water poisoning, which would make sense, as the cut wouldn't have started on Monday, but the water loading probably would have

• Advertisement

Stipe via Submission
    cletus wrote: »
    There has been a suggestion from Dana that it may be related to water poisoning, which would make sense, as the cut wouldn't have started on Monday, but the water loading probably would have

From drinking too much water or from contaminated water?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Too much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Foook, every time I see a UFC thread on the front page I panic that someone else has pulled out.

Panic over. . . .

Ortega via Decision
    This will be the first even in a long time that I am actually going to stay up and watch.... It should be a good one boys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

This will be the first even in a long time that I am actually going to stay up and watch.... It should be a good one boys :D

I was planning to buy I'm streaming and the cancellation of the co main has dampened things a bit. Anyway, anyone know what time Conor is fighting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ortega via Decision
    Buzzing for tonight. Top card from top to bottom.

Lookong forward to the Hall and Costa fight on the pre-lims. Think Costa is a future champion so be interesting to see him tonight against a heavy hitter like Hall.

Closer it gets to the main event the more im leaning toward a DC decision win.

Yeah, too much

Stipe via Submission
    Yeah, too much

So it IS weight cut related then..

If it turns out to be water poisoning then yes. But expect George Lockhart to deny it, because he wasn't actually cutting weight at the time.

Also note, it's not actually confirmed

Stipe via Submission
    If it turns out to be water poisoning then yes. But expect George Lockhart to deny it, because he wasn't actually cutting weight at the time.

Also note, it's not actually confirmed

You edited your comment from earlier..

I never knew excess drinking of water could cause concussion like symptoms anyway, just bad on the heart I though.

You edited your comment from earlier..

I never knew excess drinking of water could cause concussion like symptoms anyway, just bad on the heart I though.

I absolutely didn't edit anything. What I said was it would make sense as the cut would not have started (confirmed by Lockhart himself on the three amigos podcast), but the pre cut water loading would have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Holloway via Submission
    i have been going over and over and over in my head about the main event. i think both fighters are great. i would hate to see stipe lose cause he gets **** all praise from Dana and he is one of the best heavyweights EVER but for stipe to win DC needs to lose and i think a win for him would go along way to get out of the shadows of all the jones crap. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Pity this is on at stupid American O Clock.

Will YouTube it tomorrow morning I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Pity this is on at stupid American O Clock.

Like most UFC events then

Ortega via Decision
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    Like most UFC events then

If someone isn't staying up for this PPV then they will never stay up for any PPV. This is going to be fcuking epic.....

#PerryNationCheckinIn :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

If someone isn't staying up for this PPV then they will never stay up for any PPV. This is going to be fcuking epic.....

#PerryNationCheckinIn :pac:

I unfortunately won't be as I have a christening in the morning so need my sleep. Stupid life getting in the way of important things.

#warmiocic

Ortega via Decision
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    I unfortunately won't be as I have a christening in the morning so need my sleep. Stupid life getting in the way of important things.

#warmiocic

I'd be taking a rain check on that christening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ortega via KO/TKO
    Couldn’t believe what I was hearing when they were talking Moyle up as a title contender pre-fight. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ortega via Decision
    Fcuk Hooker looks awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Fcuk Hooker looks awesome

Always been impressed with him, and he was great again tonight. I find him slightly cringey on the mic though lol

Ortega via Decision
    Costa better be careful here, if he hits Hall in the balls ten more times he might be deducted a point. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ortega via Decision
    Costa is a future champ imo.

Impressive once again and hes great to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DC via KO/TKO
    That was pretty fun while it lasted. Costa is a tank but he’s hit quite easily, still think he’s a future champ though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Costa popped for PED’s in the very near future. Bet on that.

Advertisement