Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They're Alive!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Two out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

'Two kids are out' - Thai official
    More from the local Thai official quoted by Reuters in the previous post.
    Tossathep Boonthong, chief of Chiang Rai's health department and part of the rescue team, says: "Two kids are out. They are currently at the field hospital near the cave.
    "We are giving them a physical examination. They have not been moved to Chiang Rai Hospital yet'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Fantastic news. Lets hope it goes well for the rest :)

Reports just out …..3rd and 4th boy out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭obi604

Lackey wrote: »
    3rd and 4th boy out!!

Fcuk me. This is unreal. Fair fooks to them all.
    Just hope they get them all out and they can be mentally stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I only see reports of 3rd boy only being nearly out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

thats all of the first group

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Not yet I think but past the most dangerous part I.e. the part that requires diving equipment. Great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Seoda1

Two out!

Great news!!

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    thats all of the first group

Sky news saying next group will consist of 3 kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Glued to this on Sky news now.

2 out & 2 on the way.

Hope this goes well!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sky news saying next group will consist of 3 kids

yes first group was four then 3 groups of 3

coach is in last group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

I want to cheer, but I can hardly bear to cheer until they are all out... :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

edit:
    Apart from all that, hope they make it out. The rescuers are true heroes, my respect goes out to them.
    You painted it as the glaringly obvious solution from the start when it's being done now as a last resort. Everyone knew it was possible but so risky it was worth trying other things.

It's like they are ignoring the glaringly obvious and wasting time coming up with nothing much.

That "nothing much" resulted in an awful lot of water being removed from the cave. The #1 plan was them walking out.

I actually agree with one thing. Draining the cave and have them walk out would have been the very best option.
    But how far was this going to get? How long does it take to drain a lake using pumps? And if it rains this lake has a river flowing into it.
    Best option yes. They made the most of it, but walking them out? I don't think they ever envisaged this happening.
    Let's look at other plans. Drilling down to them was an option, but far more complex than the current option. Don't think that was ever seriously in the runnig.
    Yes, diving them out was maybe not a pretty option, it would have been better to build a 4 lane tunnel and have them driven out by air-conditioned coach.
    But really what other options where there?
    Maybe I came on strong and now people are shouting me down. Some have made the point that I was wrong because I didn't write out the rescue plan in intricate detail. Ah well. Sleep lost over this, zero.
    You're making an absolute show of yourself here. So incredibly disingenuous.

Thanks, I try my best.

edit agai:

I will agree to disagree or to agree, I made my arguments, I do not want to drag this further OT.
    My only further thoughts on thius are Go Rescue Team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

These divers should never have to pay taxes again.

Tilikum17 wrote: »

should never have to work again imo.

do the likes of the British guys do this voluntarily?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fantastic work so far.

Bit of info about our own heroes

http://www.caving.ie/icro/

https://www.icro.ie/donations.php (icro site itself seems to need a login)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Apparently so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Yup

All over the world apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Yes. The british lads are a retired firefighter and an IT consultant, heroes.

wexie wrote: »
    Yup

All over the world apparently.

incredible.

apparently the water levels lowered enough that most of the way was walkable

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/jul/08/thailand-cave-rescue-operation-divers-trapped-boys-live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

incredible.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/jul/08/thailand-cave-rescue-operation-divers-trapped-boys-live

I'd imagine that's how they are getting them out so quickly.

Let's hope those rains hold off for a little while.

another four expected out shortly

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/44755093

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

incredible.

Well, I admit that I am amazed they got so much out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I will agree to disagree or to agree, I made my arguments, I do not want to drag this further OT.
    My only further thoughts on thius are Go Rescue Team!
    You behaved like an insufferable know it all. "I was right all along, aren't I the big man" :rolleyes: The only reason this rescue was possible was because of the break from the monsoon rain, which is rarer than a 30 degree heat wave in Ireland. They got incredibly lucky and were able to lower the water level in the cave. You didn't and couldn't have predicted that. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Doesn't mean the clock should brag about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Tilikum17 wrote: »

Just like Michael Lowry 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

They've been able to walk a lot. Makes it a much easier prospect than trying to dive them out a couple of days ago. Also encouraging that it's the weakest that have made it out first.

6 boys out!! Sky news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Just wonderful news, what an effort from all involved.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement