Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They're Alive!!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Amirani wrote: »
    They've been able to walk a lot. Makes it a much easier prospect than trying to dive them out a couple of days ago. Also encouraging that it's the weakest that have made it out first.

took two hours less than estimated to get the weakest kids out. hopefully that bodes well for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

My heart!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Looks like all of them could be out by 5 o clock, our time. (Sky News)

Here's hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I am so happy. It’s the Chilean miners all over again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I am so happy. It’s the Chilean miners all over again!

But less drama with wives and girlfriends :pac:

(presumably anyways)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

wexie wrote: »
    But less drama with wives and girlfriends :pac:

(presumably anyways)

:D hahaha no affairs lurking

This has us all gripped here. I still cannot cheer until all are out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

#theyrecominghome Go on the lads! Incredible scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

confirmed that the 6 weakest are out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

6 rescued according to sky news, fantastic news, the thought of them stuck in there made me feel claustrophobic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acai berry

Discodog wrote: »
    confirmed that the 6 weakest are out

WoW! This beats all expectations. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I keep tearing up every update. It’s such an incredible feat. Conditions were so so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Fantastic news ... A great good news strory for this Sunday afternoon ..

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Incredible, as the whole world watches in suspense, for once united and hoping for a miracle. I honestly thought this would end in tragedy and while there is some way to go yet, amazing news so far. RIP to the diver who lost his life and respect to the brave men and women risking their lives in the rescue attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

And they all have an open invite to the world cup final in Russia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The thoughts of Infantino and Putin fawning over them for their own agenda makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CNN now saying 4 now out and rescue stopped for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Looking very optimistic for a positive outcome now, in awe of all the rescuers and teams on the ground there, the best of humanity!

That woud be an amazing thing to see them all at the WC. The world needs a good story after years of miserable ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Blazer wrote: »
    The thoughts of Infantino and Putin fawning over them for their own agenda makes me sick.
    Tbh couldn't care less about that , was more thinking of the experience for the kids.

Hopefully all out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

And of course Putin will pop up out of the water at the very end as the last boy is recovered, in a frogman suit, let it be known that he personally rescued all of the boys and that he will be bringing them all to the game in his private jet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

murpho999 wrote: »
    CNN now saying 4 now out and rescue stopped for the night.

6 were supposedly confirmed. They wouldn't stop for the dark - maybe to give the crews a rest

4 went by ambulance & 2 by helicopter

Blazer wrote: »

Screw Putin and Infantino. I think most people can look past that and see what it would mean to the kids.

They wouldn't stop for the dark - maybe to give the crews a rest

Stopping for the dark would make no sense whatsoever, it's pitch black in the caves whatever the time of day?

6 were supposedly confirmed. They wouldn't stop for the dark - maybe to give the crews a rest

I don’t think night or day matters ina dark cave rescue.

No reason given and CNN basing their report on comment from a US official so may not be correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

There’s a torrential storm coming they won’t stop for the night , in a dark cave there is no day and night.

Be a long time before any of those divers have to pay for their own drinks I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Screw Putin and Infantino. I think most people can look past that and see what it would mean to the kids.

oh absolutely...it will be fantastic for them if they're well enough to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

When they find out England could be in the final, they might want to go back into the cave.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    When they find out England could be in the final, they might want to go back into the cave.

One boy was wearing an England jersey so he’ll be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Advertisement