Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They're Alive!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭josip

ectoraige wrote: »
    Other than twitter users, nobody said it didn't fit through the passageway. It is 31cm wide, and the choke point is 38cm. What was said was it wasn't practical for their rescue plan, that doesn't mean it wasn't a viable option, it just means the rescuers were more comfortable with another method. And even if it didn't prove viable, you can't really tell until you test it. It was an idea being considered, and eventually ruled out. I really don't understand the hate.

If Musk genuinely wanted to help why didn't he just go ahead and help and not tweet about it?
    Did the 2 original British divers, the Australian doctor diver and all the others tweet before they left, "On my way to help the kids in Thailand" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

I've read that the coach was not with them initially but went searching for them in the caves after their parents told him they were missing.
    He has kept them alive.
    The truth will out eventually.
    Delighted for the happy ending. It's been gripping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Reports coming in of All 12 boys AND Coach out of the cave.
    Absolutely unbelievable..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Reports coming in of All 12 boys AND Coach out of the cave.
    Absolutely unbelievable..

I find it very believable.

• Advertisement

....... wrote: »

The internet. All over twitter.

Why do people always insist on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

josip wrote: »
    If Musk genuinely wanted to help why didn't he just go ahead and help and not tweet about it?
    Did the 2 original British divers, the Australian doctor diver and all the others tweet before they left, "On my way to help the kids in Thailand" ?

No but the diver who died trying to help, videod himself boarding the plane saying he was on his way to help bring them home...…

So go on...give the dead diver as much sh!t as Elon Musk

You mean why did he reply to the person who asked him on twitter to reach out and help? If he didn't reply or help out people would be at him for not helping with the resources he has available. He made an actual effort to help and could have potentially saved lives if this didn't go as well as it has, how can you not see the good in it?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=%23ThamLuangCave&src=tyah
    Although its social media, this is a worldwide event and very believable.
    Lots more activity with two more ambulances headed towards waiting helicopters.

Because it's easy to find.

Not much to read. Just tweets like below which confirm nothing.

https://twitter.com/JessicaSmalley_/status/1016644008687202305

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Reported at the end of This Morning too
    All 12 out plus coach :)

I don't think you need to "have" Twitter, just go onto the website and search on it. "Thai" is trending and it's very easy to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

ebbsy wrote: »
    The divers who found them at the start...they kept on going with no idea how far they had to go or would they even find them.

Amazing people.
    John Volanthen and Richard Stanton. Those are the types of people who deserve OBE's, not overpaid celebrities and athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭irishrover99

They are out. All 13. I'm watching it on Thai TV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Why did my brother post on facebook about his son baking last weekend, but I didn't do the same the weekend before?

Musk genuinely helped, do you think he didn't? In this type of operation, the phrase "better to be looking at something than looking for something" is very applicable. Nobody has ever tried to prepare a random group of malnourised teenagers for kilometers of cave diving, if it proved impossible, another plan was needed.

He collaborated with the people on-scene during the design, and has been thanked by the Thai navy for his assistance, along with all the other teams that helped, such as the pump operators, medical staff, various international divers, and so on. If they can thank him, why can't you?

• Advertisement

As nothing was confirmed , it was just reports of them being out.

No snots were had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭irishrover99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Lads can we not bicker about Twitter and Musk right now when we should be celebrating the amazing achievement of all the kids and the coach getting out alive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

1c017bb19edb6c5e7fc789682c27c9ff.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

These days Twitter is often a faster source for news 'as it happens' than traditional press who will still have to compose a story and fact check whereas someone on the scene can just tweet "they're out". You do have to be careful of what the source of the tweet is but this is looking pretty good.

Heroes each and every person who collaborated on the rescue mission and a modern day miracle that they all got out safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    John Volanthen and Richard Stanton. Those are the types of people who deserve OBE's, not overpaid celebrities and athletes.
    Richard Stanton already has an MBE for services to cave diving. They both have medals from the Royal Humane Society for a rescue in France. Though to be honest, knowing a few people who are members of other voluntary rescue services, attention of that sort is usually the last thing they want.

• Advertisement

Advertisement