Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do during hosepipe ban?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Not sure where all that rain is going but it's studiously avoiding the sunny south east.
    Couple of mm yesterday to add to the same amount last weekend and that was it.

One of the few advantages of having heavy clay soil a few feet deep is that it's slow to dry out. Anything established is laughing and even the lawn is no where near as brown as all the places I've visited in Waterford.

Makes up in some small way for having an impossibly slow draining lawn 99% of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Water from the tap this morning was filthy. Grand now that the pressure is back up. I had already consumed over a litre before realising it was dirty
    I'm probably not the only one thinking that Irish Water are really milking this whole drought thing for maximum effect.

By the time this all over, people will be queuing up to pay their water charges :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

recedite wrote:
    By the time this all over, people will be queuing up to pay their water charges

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Nope.

Correct, they will just do it online like sensible, civic minded citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

Snowc wrote: »
    Is this ban being taking seriously :confused:? I have reported a lot of my neighbors who I have seeing using their hoses during the drought conditions but no action seems to have being taking against them.I was taking to a neighbor today who I reported and she said how would they know if she used a hose to water her lawn so obviously nothing being done .It makes my blood boil :mad:
    That is what you deserve, informers don't deserve to be given any attention or credit.

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote:
    Correct, they will just do it online like sensible, civic minded citizens.

Again nope.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Big fuss over nothing in my opinion. We were worse a few years ago where the water was actually shut off at night.

When will the hosepipe ban be lifted out of interest?

Water butts nice and full again. Good downward pressure, slow drip hose connected to same. Life returning to the flower beds. Grass coming back again although growth slow. Time to invest in a few IBCs and a sub pump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭standardg60

Ultimanemo wrote: »
    That is what you deserve, informers don't deserve to be given any attention or credit.

You're so right if only we all chose to live at the expense of everyone else all our problems would be solved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Too true. Growing very fast. Cut it last Thursday and again today - it really should have been cut yesterday. Looking well again, albeit with a very high cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭finla

Roen wrote: »
    Not sure where all that rain is going but it's studiously avoiding the sunny south east.
    Couple of mm yesterday to add to the same amount last weekend and that was it.

One of the few advantages of having heavy clay soil a few feet deep is that it's slow to dry out. Anything established is laughing and even the lawn is no where near as brown as all the places I've visited in Waterford.

Makes up in some small way for having an impossibly slow draining lawn 99% of the time.

Apart from a bit last weekend we've had no rain since the middle of may! All the established plants are fine as I'm on heavy clay as well. As for the grass, I'd be happy to see it all die and never come back, too much maintenance for what. No flowers or fruit or scent, just constant mowing..

Advertisement