Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 9 – Austria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Good first run from Bottas

Grosjean ahead of Redbull s so far

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

How mad is it that the Haas cars are both there in the top 10 with the top 4 big teams and a big team like Mclaren or Williams can not make it into Q3.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

I like current grid. That would make for a good race.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Well done Bottas

Good to see Bottas get the pole, times were very close. Might be good first lap tomorrow

Ricciardo didn't sound too happy, bit of tension with the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I don't rate Bottas as a top driver but that was a good lap.

Ms

Awe well. Normal service resumes. Well done to Bottas do. Hopefully we get a good race tomorrow. Grosjean done well. Hope he can have a good race tomorrow and score points.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Awe well. Normal service resumes. Well done to Bottas do. Hopefully we get a good race tomorrow. Grosjean done well. Hope he can have a good race tomorrow and score points.

Grosjean desperately needs a clean race after the season he's had so far. Hope he doesn't bottle it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I like current grid. That would make for a good race.

Really?? I think it will finish pretty much as they have qualified with very little overtaking on track :(

No point in watching this one as far as I am concerned.

Well done to Bottas

Tension brewing at red bull, Danny not a happy boy and Max quite happily telling the team no to an instruction

• Advertisement
    Ms

2011 wrote: »
    Really?? I think it will finish pretty much as they have qualified with very little overtaking on track :(

No point in watching this one as far as I am concerned.

Well done to Bottas

I was talking about it the way it was at the start of Q3 when bothe Hamilton and Vettel were down further not the way it finished.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I was talking about it the way it was at the start of Q3 when bothe Hamilton and Vettel were down further not the way it finished.

My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

How mad is it that the Haas cars are both there in the top 10 with the top 4 big teams and a big team like Mclaren or Williams can not make it into Q3.

I'm not surprised by Haas, considering they're backed by a billion-dollar conglomerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

I'm not surprised by Haas, considering they're backed by a billion-dollar conglomerate.

Williams and mclaren are also not poor. They are even humiliated by a team close to bankruptcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

F2 race is great fun

Harika wrote: »
    F2 race is great fun

Markelov on the last lap was absolutely amazing, that pass for reverse grid pole was the best balls out driving I've seen all year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

For blocking Sainz apparently

skipper_G wrote: »
    Markelov on the last lap was absolutely amazing, that pass for reverse grid pole was the best balls out driving I've seen all year

Was on the better tires but was good to see him go for it
    Bit risky going out on the grass

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

He's a well paid journeyman but I felt for him getting the little pat on the head from Hamilton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

He's a well paid journeyman but I felt for him getting the little pat on the head from Hamilton.

If it hadn't been for the puncture in Baku and Vettel taking him out last week Bottas would be in second place within 10 points of Hamilton now. If he was in danger of being overhauled by him Lewis's attitude would be very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I think the best thing Vettel can hope for tomorrow is that Bottas finishes abead of Hamilton when it comes to the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,141 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Or even for Kimi to get ahead of Hamilton, as much as I like Kimi it ain't going to happen. Mercedes 1-2 headed by Bottas tomorrow.

Crazy Max into first corner to shake it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Crazy Max into first corner to shake it up.

Vettel is th guy you're looking for

Ms

I don't see that happening do. The Mercedes quality control is very stringent now. That's why they did not use there new engines at Canada as everything had to be perfect. Unless one of there mechanics working on the car in the pits makes a mistake I do not see it happening.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

In the f3 the top three crashed going into the first corner

Hope it's a good race, the slightly mixed up grid might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Russell had a decent run to claim second this morning in the F2 sprint race. Most of his overtakes were into turn 1.

Interestingly they are doing rolling starts and I guess it's because of all the stalls at standing starts this year.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Advertisement