Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 9 – Austria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Wow, there is simply no craic in the press conference until Danny Ric talks. Fairly boring interviews really.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

This has Bottas written all over it. Untouchable in the race from start to finish last year. Fill your boots at 8/1 before practice tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

astrofluff wrote: »
    Wow, there is simply no craic in the press conference until Danny Ric talks. Fairly boring interviews really.

He managed to make Kimi laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

This has Bottas written all over it. Untouchable in the race from start to finish last year. Fill your boots at 8/1 before practice tomorrow.

Lewis taking a gearbox penalty would have helped. I remember whipping out my phone and making a beeline for Oddschecker when I got the news of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Three DRS zones , and Renault are introducing a Qualifiying mode , may add some interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

FP1 so far. A bit of wing on Gasly's car fell off after he went over a kerb and a bit of the front nose of the Mclaren of Vandoorne also fell off after he went over kerb. Also Vandoorne nearly taking out Vettel in the pits.

Some amount of movement on the rear wing on Alonso's Mclaren.

Also Robert Kubica was out driving in this session too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Those aero upgrades on the Merc clearly working, they look mighty now.

Sauber ...both drivers doing well .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

Gintonious wrote: »
    Those aero upgrades on the Merc clearly working, they look mighty now.

0.1 sec on Max ? ...Not that impressed with the upgrades ..so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

What the hell is going on at Mclaren? Early in the season they looked like they were best of the rest after Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. Now they are struggling at back with the Williams. They have gone backwards very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

recyclebin wrote: »
    What the hell is going on at Mclaren? Early in the season they looked like they were best of the rest after Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. Now they are struggling at back with the Williams. They have gone backwards very quickly.

It's embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

weisses wrote: »
    0.1 sec on Max ? ...Not that impressed with the upgrades ..so far

Over a 65 second lap and its FP1.

Ms

Session stopped. Pierre Gasly broke the track rode on his front left suspension going over a kerb on a right corner.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Gasly out , broken front suspension on a kerb. actually had decent pace prior to that .

Ms

Kevin Magnussen's Haas also had a loose front wheel but the team stopped him before he left the pit lane so no fine for them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Plenty of action in the F3 race. Would be good if the F1 cars can get as close

Ms

Anyone here know what's the right way to pronounce Charles Leclerc's surname? Is the c silent or not. I thought it was not but the channel 4 commentator was saying it like Charles Leclare as if the last c was silent.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Anyone here know what's the right way to pronounce Charles Leclerc's surname? Is the c silent or not. I thought it was not but the channel 4 commentator was saying it like Charles Leclare as if the last c was silent.

I've heard him say it that way himself, without the hard C at the end.

Verstappen out of practice looks like his car just died, some kind of electrical failure maybe

Ms

skipper_G wrote: »
    Verstappen out of practice looks like his car just died, some kind of electrical failure maybe

Never fun to see that. Ok if they make a mistake but when the car has a problem like Verstappen's one. That is just crap. Hopefully they get him sorted for qualifying.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Awe Charles Leclerc got a problem with his engine now. Hopefully they can get him sorted foe qualifying.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,035 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Leclerc's out too
    Hopefully himself and Verstappen are running in qualifying

Rain might be nice later

AMKC wrote: »
    Never fun to see that. Ok if they make a mistake but when the car has a problem like Verstappen's one. That is just crap. Hopefully they get him sorted for qualifying.

And now Leclerc as well with a technical issue. Hope it's not an engine change for him, but it sounded very sick on the replay. Pace wise looks like a straight fight between Vettel & Hamilton, the number 2 drivers will fight with each other and maybe the Red Bulls for the podium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

C4 citing 2 sources to describe Leclerc to Ferrari as a done deal. Jones even went as far as to use the words "we can confirm"

Edit: Ferrari have confirmed nothing yet, won't happen until Monza probably but the deal looks done. I could find myself cheering on a Ferrari again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Watching the terrific C4 live coverage, it sends shivers down my spine that all live coverage is on Sky next year exclusively. :(

Fred confirmed gearbox change for Leclerc, will take a 5 place grid penalty

Ericsson made look an absolute mug by Leclerc, some gap to his teammate.

Perez had a shocker, Ocon not much better. The lack of funds is slowly killing the team

• Advertisement
    Ms

I hope Vettel can get pole. Want to see a Ferrari win this race this year. Gets boring when it's the same team on on pole and winning all the time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement