Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,522 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There's swallows flying around outside in Leitrim! Summer :D:D

Saw some about Virginia yesterday at a church grounds. Thought they will be hungry, not much in the lines of insects about at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

_Brian wrote: »
    Saw some about Virginia yesterday at a church grounds. Thought they will be hungry, not much in the lines of insects about at the moment.

Lot of midges around yesterday evening and before that. Might be because of the lake though as that's usually where we spot the swallows first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,256 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There's swallows flying around outside in Leitrim! Summer :D:D

None down here yet.

As usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

None here yet either. They normally arrive in the milking parlour they must be afraid of the bitch of a heifer I have milking.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

whelan2 wrote: »
    None here yet either. They normally arrive in the milking parlour they must be afraid of the bitch of a heifer I have milking.....

They heard the swearing...sensitive little birds. :P

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Saw a pair outside Trim earlier in the week. First of the year I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Saw one near my parents house in Kildare on the 1st - earliest ever!! Doubt he survived that wintery week though:(

Could some of the mods help out poor David with the title of his new thread.

I don't mean to complain. Only it's like that now for the last two days and my adhd is starting to kick in.

I don't mean to complain. Only it's like that now for the last two days and my adhd is starting to kick in.

ಠ_ಠ

• Registered Users Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I heard of a teacher and a parent said to her that she didn't want her kid sitting beside the acdc child in the class :)

• Advertisement

ಠ_ಠ

After Dinner Hedgehog Something.

After Dinner Hedgehog Something.

Ach. I don't know if you meant it as a joke or not!! Is it not OCD that causes irrational dislike of things out of order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I heard of a teacher and a parent said to her that she didn't want her kid sitting beside the acdc child in the class :)

Well, that's a highway to hell if I ever saw one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

More power to them

Ach. I don't know if you meant it as a joke or not!! Is it not OCD that causes irrational dislike of things out of order?

Oh right.

Well I suppose it proves I don't have OCD so.

Oh right.

Well I suppose it proves I don't have OCD so.

I am so confused now :pac:

I am so confused now :pac:

Ah we're dairying now.

So all's fine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Is that what you had in mind?

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »

Omg. PMSG*

(Pissing myself giggling, its a new farming term :pac:)

Omg. PMSG*

(Pissing myself giggling, its a new farming term :pac:)

A lady of your tender years should stay away from PMSG!

PMSG_5000IU.jpg

frau-raugnick-768.jpg

Adam Grant

• Advertisement

A lady of your tender years should stay away from PMSG!

:D:D:D

Ye's have way too much power now.

It's a bit like Putin's second term or that Chinese fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Ye's have way too much power now.

It's a bit like Putin's second term or that Chinese fella.

Ok last kid through the door- I'm intrigued- what did I miss.? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

How long after spreading slurry can I spread 18-6-12?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭roosterman71

How long after spreading slurry can I spread 18-6-12?

1 week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

1 week

And the same vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Stuck in middle of the field with the quad
    Wires have got loose from ignition switch
    Is there any I could connect together to get me home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Did ye see the picture on Agriland where the sink hole opened up in the field that was being rolled? This scares the s**t out of me coz I've got a field that had two depressions that seem to be getting deeper - I'm half expecting them to cave in some day. I don't drive near them and keep contractors away as well. It would be over limestone! Next time I have a lad in with a digger I might get him to throw stuff in on top and tamp it down.

KatyMac wrote: »
    Did ye see the picture on Agriland where the sink hole opened up in the field that was being rolled? This scares the s**t out of me coz I've got a field that had two depressions that seem to be getting deeper - I'm half expecting them to cave in some day. I don't drive near them and keep contractors away as well. It would be over limestone! Next time I have a lad in with a digger I might get him to throw stuff in on top and tamp it down.

Have a large pond / wet area at the bottom of a field. Holds considerable amount of water and around 5 feet deep or do at the centre. Fed by a spring. Surrounded by considerable depth of heavy clay - no rock evident. Every now and then, the entire volume of water of the pond vanishes overnight. I am waiting to go down down one day and find I have as yet I undiscovered cave system.

• Advertisement

Stuck in middle of the field with the quad
    Wires have got loose from ignition switch
    Is there any I could connect together to get me home?

Did ye get home?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement