Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

whelan2 wrote: »
    Nothing is safe in my house. Oh ate 2 easter eggs I had put away.... He's worse than the kids

I'd quite possibly do the same tbh, surely once I'd notice them the temptation would be there. The local garage had three small eggs for €5 the last few weeks, I succumbed to temptation on more than one occasion. Although I argued that at least it's better value than a few bars of chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Parishlad wrote: »
    Pretty much always bring food to work with me too. We have a very good canteen/restaurant here at work that does three different hot meal options each day. There's also a sandwich bar where you can get something made up. I found though that I was having the chips with whatever main I was ordering or a bag of Taytos with a roll so I bring a load of fruit every day and go to the gym (here at work) or out for a run at lunch...to keep me away from temptation.
    Doesn't always work though! :D

Sounds like you work in a similar spot to me, with the exception that the canteen where I am is dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

MeTheMan wrote: »
    That couldn't be right. Worth about 2 euro at most I'd say.

Chep(the blue ones) and LPR are worth about €25. White pallets (plain unpainted ones) are nearly worthless.
    The big fert ones can’t really be reused for much.
    And then the BordNaMona ones are like shyte from a rocking horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Chep(the blue ones) and LPR are worth about €25. White pallets (plain unpainted ones) are nearly worthless.
    The big fert ones can’t really be reused for much.
    And then the BordNaMona ones are like shyte from a rocking horse.

What's LPR? We have a fair few knocking around. Was thinking of making a wee shelter for out the field with the calves using a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

What's LPR? We have a fair few knocking around. Was thinking of making a wee shelter for out the field with the calves using a few of them.

Can’t remember off the top of my head what it stands for. It’s just the company that makes them. They’re a deep red colour.
    Great firewood off them! Good heavy pallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,522 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Muckit wrote: »
    We've a George foreman aswell. So once I've spuds and veg steamed the night before and with me, it's easy pull a piece of meat or fish out of freezer. The smoked salmon darnes in Lidl are another handy microwave heat up. Frozen peas can be cooked in microwave.
    As my granny of 92 says "Tis easy cook it if it's in it!!"

Bring home made bread every day just different types. Cheese, cooked ham roast sometimes, home made soup in winter. Salad during summer.

Always large flask and love plenty of tea.

3-4 pieces of fruit in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

They’re a company around Liverpool that make the red pallets, while chep are a company in France that makes the blue pallets

Eldest off to bed at 5, she’s up at 1 to head off to Madrid for 4 day school outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,267 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Eldest off to bed at 5, she’s up at 1 to head off to Madrid for 4 day school outing.

Eldest lad finished first year in college today. Has exams in a few weeks. You don't find the time going by

It’s funny, my dad used to say “earned money is harder spent”
    We paid for the trip but she had to take out her own spending money, was nearly looking for a lad with a himac to help her it was causing her such pain at the atm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

The blue pallets are only rented by the user, the recipient is supposed to return them to the nearest depot for reuse.

At the local mill one day a CHEP rep in a suit in front of both staff and customers was accusing the owner of stealing their pallets because he had a few blue pallets in his heap. The owner told him that had come in under something, and to take them away, but to bring their own forklift to load them, and walked away.

There are adds on done deal looking for certain pallets.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Yeah, terrible news. Poor child:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The handle of a three pronged fork/grape/pike whatever you like to call it ;) broke the other day. It's the type with a bit of a spud on the fork that sticks into the end of the handle. I bought a new handle yesterday and it has the same metal bit at the end and is pre drilled to take the spud iykwim.

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to knock them together cause between hammering, beating and lots of fooks there is still another 3cm's to go and it ain't budging.

Base price wrote: »
    The handle of a three pronged fork/grape/pike whatever you like to call it ;) broke the other day. It's the type with a bit of a spud on the fork that sticks into the end of the handle. I bought a new handle yesterday and it has the same metal bit at the end and is pre drilled to take the spud iykwim.

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to knock them together cause between hammering, beating and lots of fooks there is still another 3cm's to go and it ain't budging.

Last year when I broke the handle of the fork it was handier to buy a new fork complete with the handle. Was 24 euro or something. Saved me time and energy putting a handle on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Odelay

Eldest lad finished first year in college today. Has exams in a few weeks. You don't find the time going by

????? It’s April! How the heck is he finished first year?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

This college semester is only 13 weeks, as the Easter break is late this year. College year is a bit of stretch though as it only equates to 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Any of ye Clare lads in Ennis Mart recently? They put in a lever mechanism in ring 1 to open / close the gates of the weighing scale so that the drovers don't have to enter the ring. I had go myself when I was there early for the bull sale. Clever idea, whoever came up with it.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Odelay wrote: »
    ????? It’s April! How the heck is he finished first year?

They could have gone back for a week after Easter but they crammed it into the last 2 weeks. Exams for 3 days in May

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Any of ye Clare lads in Ennis Mart recently? They put in a lever mechanism in ring 1 to open / close the gates of the weighing scale so that the drovers don't have to enter the ring. I had go myself when I was there early for the bull sale. Clever idea, whoever came up with it.

Yep, spotted that a couple of weeks ago. Great yoke altogether from both a safety perspective and also because you don't have the gates slamming shut so less noise to spook the cattle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

_Brian wrote: »

My Eldest is in ty, just back a few days from a week exchange in new York, he had an absolutely great time, was at a show on Broadway, seen all the sights, stayed with a really nice family. The boy he stayed with will be coming to us in December. How will we match that!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,256 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

My Eldest is in ty, just back a few days from a week exchange in new York, he had an absolutely great time, was at a show on Broadway, seen all the sights, stayed with a really nice family. The boy he stayed with will be coming to us in December. How will we match that!!!!!!

Club hurling match, milking parlour, Hook lighthouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Pick stones and stand in a gap jobs a good un.

I says wrote: »

Nothing will beat driving a tractor

The blue pallets are only rented by the user, the recipient is supposed to return them to the nearest depot for reuse.

I think there is a €10 deposit on the chep pallets which should be transferred to the new owner

I says wrote: »

Pulling ragwort would be another, but might not be many around in December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Pulling ragwort would be another, but might not be many around in December

Footing turf now that would turn him off the Emerald Isle forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Maggoting a ewe he could talk for hours back in America about that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

There's swallows flying around outside in Leitrim! Summer :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,104 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

There's swallows flying around outside in Leitrim! Summer :D:D

Lovely day here anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement