Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭mf240

Plenty of drone activities in England. Droning on about brexit and droning on about backstops and soft borders

• Registered Users Posts: 11,326 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

_Brian wrote: »
    Drone still being spotted at Gatwick amd runway to remain closed tonight.

Whoever is runnning this is surely pushing their luck at this stage. Surely if they stopped now they would walk away. If the drone is captured I fully expect the owner will be traced and jail would be inevitable.

I have a feeling these things have been programmed for the full 24 hours disruption.
    Whoever did this is on a Sun lounger laughing their heads off.

It's a world's first anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Ffs the British fought 2 world wars and dealt with thousands of enemy aircraft. Now someone flies a glorified model helicopter over the airport and they spent the day looking up at it. Shoot the damn things down. They even brought in the army today at some stage. What were they going to do?

There's an interesting program on tg4 about Nordic people and their reindeer farming atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Ffs the British fought 2 world wars and dealt with thousands of enemy aircraft. Now someone flies a glorified model helicopter over the airport and they spent the day looking up at it. Shoot the damn things down. They even brought in the army today at some stage. What were they going to do?

I see it reported that police on the airfield now carrying semi-auto shotguns....
    Like looking for a fly in the dark, in the Albert Hall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

I was reading on another thread the way it's possible for someone to lay out these drones say a day beforehand within 1km or so of the airport and have each one programmed to take off every so often and fly over the airport and then take a route out when the battery starts to get low and literally just fall out of the sky.

The airport could be closed for a while yet and all from a programmer.
    The perpetrator could be in a different country since last night.

Im fairly sure there's a projectile net to knock the drone down as it was all the rage worrying about drones being used to carry bombs into public places recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Got a myostatin test done on a few that was DNA’d
    1 heifer has nt821 & F94L
    Will this mean big calves? And little milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Got a myostatin test done on a few that was DNA’d
    1 heifer has nt821 & F94L
    Will this mean big calves? And little milk?

animals are heterozygous with F94L (ie F94L/nt821) they will still exhibit quality carcase characteristics but are less
    likely to be affected by more difficult calvings.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Gatwick back open and flights have resumed

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Gatwick back open and flights have resumed

Drone must have ran out of battery

• Advertisement

Dublin airport is next on Stephen's Day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Dublin airport is next on Stephen's Day.

Sent in the Reggie!

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Im fairly sure there's a projectile net to knock the drone down as it was all the rage worrying about drones being used to carry bombs into public places recently.

there's been nets, eagles and a rake of other things tried
    the nets don't have the range needed

greysides wrote: »
    Sent in the Reggie!

I'm greasing up the anti-air as we speak

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Jackie Healy-Rae will have to change venue for the stephens' day clay pigeon shoot:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Reggie. wrote: »
    I'm greasing up the anti-air as we speak

40mm should do the job rightly!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Reggie. wrote: »
    Drone must have ran out of battery

I’d say very wisely they realised much more and they stood a strong chance of being caught.

Presume footage from the drone will appear online at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

Really don't think whoever done this is stupid enough to stick footage up when they were smart enough to outwit the authorities in Gatwick.

You'd be fairly fed up stranded on the plane or in the airport when you're supposed to be going away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

dzer2 wrote: »
    Really don't think whoever done this is stupid enough to stick footage up when they were smart enough to outwit the authorities in Gatwick.

I kinda hope he does...with the benny hill music :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

See Gatwick closed with drone again.

_Brian wrote: »
    See Gatwick closed with drone again.

I may pack so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Heard a funny story today. These kids found Santa's presents. Now, yer man was a bit of a gob****e, in fairness. Well he got a brain wave and blamed The Elf On The Shelf. Told the kids he had a drink problem and brought the presents too early. They even laid him out on the table for the kids to find, complete with empty brink bottles and all.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Herd test and bord bia passed today I can relax now

What age would Chris de burgh be now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Sitting in the jeep here at Shannon airport waiting to collect the sister...would it be a bad idea to send up the drone I wonder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

104 at least

Sitting in the jeep here at Shannon airport waiting to collect the sister...would it be a bad idea to send up the drone I wonder :D

Yeah cos it would be diverted to Dublin. Long drive then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

He's 70, according to Wikipedia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭mf240

Is he dead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement