Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

You could qualify for free eye test too on prsi

Mentioned it before in jest but Mchale engineers should work on bringing out a christmas present wrapper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Muckit wrote: »
    Mentioned it before in jest but Mchale engineers should work on bringing out a christmas present wrapper!

Bin bag with duct tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Are ya struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Don't worry as they get older the presents get smaller and more and more expensive!!! Got the last for my girls today and wallet is definitely lighter. They are 20 and 16 and you would be able to carry what I got them in one hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,270 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

KatyMac wrote: »
    Don't worry as they get older the presents get smaller and more and more expensive!!! Got the last for my girls today and wallet is definitely lighter. They are 20 and 16 and you would be able to carry what I got them in one hand.

I sent eldest lad to put stuff in the car today while shopping, he left a bag in the trolley. I only realised when I got home. Rang the shopping centre and the bag was gone. Was pretty pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,270 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Wrapping here too...

Reggie. wrote: »
    Are ya struggling

A bit!! Lets just say herself does get a bit carried away. And I'm called in to help with the wrapping!!

A bit!! Lets just say herself does get a bit carried away. And I'm called in to help with the wrapping!!

Hold this..... cut that...... MORE SELLOTAPE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭emaherx

Reggie. wrote: »
    Hold this..... cut that...... MORE SELLOTAPE

Wrapping at Reggie's!

• Advertisement

emaherx wrote: »
    Wrapping at Reggie's!

Oh there's an idea. Grinders ready on Christmas morning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,259 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

emaherx wrote: »
    Wrapping at Reggie's!

Is it a football?

We could say yes and you'd damn near believe it being from Wexford in all!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Was at a meeting tonight about the problems with bunches of lads with lurchers out hunting hares and what can be done about it.

Nothing.

The law is loaded against the farmer. The advice is to form a WhatsApp group to keep a local eye on it, ring 999 to ensure a record of the incidents is kept, try to record any damage in the fields on your phone and the guards probably won't do anything unless they're walking around the yards where the Guards have a power of arrest.

Don't confront them as a significant minority are prone to violence but how you record any damage they're causing from a distance away wasn't made clear:confused:

Was at a meeting tonight about the problems with bunches of lads with lurchers out hunting hares and what can be done about it.

Nothing.

The law is loaded against the farmer. The advice is to form a WhatsApp group to keep a local eye on it, ring 999 to ensure a record of the incidents is kept, try to record any damage in the fields on your phone and the guards probably won't do anything unless they're walking around the yards where the Guards have a power of arrest.

Don't confront them as a significant minority are prone to violence but how you record any damage they're causing from a distance away wasn't made clear:confused:
    There's going to have to be some kind of a neutral go between negotiator between ye all.

You did post before that someone took it upon themselves to let the air out of their tyres and that seems to have inflamed the situation and now they're just acting the bollox with ye.

They know their rights better than the landowners do.
    Who or who ye contact I don't know.
    But in times past a quiet word from the guard in the area usually did the trick.

It's easy for me to say from here but you know what I'm saying.
    Maybe get their priest or someone they respect to have a word.

Something will have to give.

Edit: I wouldn't think much of your guards Buford.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-illegal-hare-coursing-tipperary-earlier-2414467-Oct2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

In the words of our local District Crime Officer, "We need another Nally incident to quieten them".

Nothing.

Run lenghts of tin high tensile or razor wire 6-8" off the ground to break the dogs legs at angles across fields.

Run lenghts of tin high tensile or razor wire 6-8" off the ground to break the dogs legs at angles across fields.

You couldn't do that. Legally a land owner has a duty of care to trepassers. Anything happened they'd sue the sh''t' outta ya. Fecked up. But that's the law of the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

There's going to have to be some kind of a neutral go between negotiator between ye all.

You did post before that someone took it upon themselves to let the air out of their tyres and that seems to have inflamed the situation and now they're just acting the bollox with ye.

They know their rights better than the landowners do.
    Who or who ye contact I don't know.
    But in times past a quiet word from the guard in the area usually did the trick.

It's easy for me to say from here but you know what I'm saying.
    Maybe get their priest or someone they respect to have a word.

Something will have to give.

Edit: I wouldn't think much of your guards Buford.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-illegal-hare-coursing-tipperary-earlier-2414467-Oct2015/

Guards could do something if they were bothered,

It mightnt smell nice but maybe contact Martin Ferris TD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,522 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

You couldn't do that. Legally a land owner has a duty of care to trepassers. Anything happened they'd sue the sh''t' outta ya. Fecked up. But that's the law of the land.

Plus it’s just pure shocking tho to do on the poor dogs
    They likely have a poor enough life without being further abused.

When the vermin start using the kiddies waterguns full of acid to spray anyone who confronts them and feeding family dogs meat laced with poison to reduce any noise makers and driving over field with the 4x4 they bought at auction for £80 yesterday and they need to be dealt with get back to me.
    -One tip for free is any low gaps in the hedgee that they don't need to drive through your gate is to plant a row of sappling trees tree's wit a second row behind it, just make sure to put in lenghts of scaffolding pole in every 3ft 18" high and cover with a tree protector.

Don't forget to embrace the cultural diversity as the oppressed minority engage in their cultures traditional pursuits. :pac:

Just to be clear, setting up your farm to be a hazard for trespassers will void your insurance and you will be liable for the full amount of any damages awarded so that's not going to be on the table.

One point made tonight was to ring 999 so there is a country wide record of incidents. We were warned not to confront these guys but I'm not so sure I'll be sitting back watching a pack of dogs attacking my sheep.

We also have to put pressure on our representatives to get their backsides in gear to legislate in this area, especially with local elections coming next year and possibly a General Election looming as well.

And a bit of an eye on and out for neighbours, especially the older ones, wouldn't go astray either.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

The guards might see the use of 999 as an abuse of the emergency system. Would email be better as it is a permanent printed record?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Odelay

When the vermin start using the kiddies waterguns full of acid to spray anyone who confronts them and feeding family dogs meat laced with poison to reduce any noise makers and driving over field with the 4x4 they bought at auction for £80 yesterday and they need to be dealt with get back to me.
    -One tip for free is any low gaps in the hedgee that they don't need to drive through your gate is to plant a row of sappling trees tree's wit a second row behind it, just make sure to put in lenghts of scaffolding pole in every 3ft 18" high and cover with a tree protector.

Don't forget to embrace the cultural diversity as the oppressed minority engage in their cultures traditional pursuits. :pac:

How the heck do the kiddies water guns hold acid? Are you telling me that these lads are walking around in fields with plastic water guns full of acid?? Do you not see a fundamental problem there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Odelay

Unless you know the exact day, time and field they are going to walk through, you’re far more likely to injure one of you own.
    Injuring one of them won’t bother them, they’ll just sue you.

The guards might see the use of 999 as an abuse of the emergency system. Would email be better as it is a permanent printed record?
    It was the Gardai themselves at the meeting that told us to use 999 so they don't seem to see it as an abuse.

It mightnt smell nice but maybe contact Martin Ferris TD.
    I can't think of a problem that's THAT bad:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

• Advertisement

I dont know will there be many pics for the cold start picture tread. Its abnormally mild. Grass is greener now than during the summer. How fecked up is that? We could do with a bit of frost!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement