Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Muckit wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Just want to say how much I bloody hate horse flies-they are a shower of b******ds and what's worse they actually won and I had to give up on the fencing!!! Never remember the this bad!! Only saving grace is you can usually kill the feckers as they land on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

I know there are a few tradesmen on here so one of ye may be able to help me. We have a large block and plastered water tank here that holds about 7000 gallons built 60-70 years ago. It has a hairline crack in it about 4ft up along the length of a course of blocks and losing a good bit of water when full if you can get it full. Crack only came in it in the last few years and is getting longer all the time. What would be the best way to go about sealing it again? Coming under a bit of pressure the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭mengele

L1985 wrote: »
    Just want to say how much I bloody hate horse flies-they are a shower of b******ds and what's worse they actually won and I had to give up on the fencing!!! Never remember the this bad!! Only saving grace is you can usually kill the feckers as they land on you!

Is there any spray for them that u can put on urself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I says wrote: »
    They might have a hologram of the dead half like what they do with an Elvis or joe Dolan concert.
    Or like the film A weekend at Bernie’s

I was going to say the might dig them up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

I know there are a few tradesmen on here so one of ye may be able to help me. We have a large block and plastered water tank here that holds about 7000 gallons built 60-70 years ago. It has a hairline crack in it about 4ft up along the length of a course of blocks and losing a good bit of water when full if you can get it full. Crack only came in it in the last few years and is getting longer all the time. What would be the best way to go about sealing it again? Coming under a bit of pressure the last few weeks.

Saw the farm out here had steel bands on theres to hold it together, as regards fixing i cant advise.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I was going to say the might dig them up

Like that Famadihana ceremony in Madagasgar. Families exhume the bones of their deceased relatives, rewrap them & dance with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

mengele wrote: »
    Is there any spray for them that u can put on urself?

They had stuff called DEET out here for mozzies but i thought to myself covering myself in chemicals didnt seem to bright an idea. Some people take vitamin B (12 i think) to keep them away especially when they hesd to bali, there are some alternative creams to use as opposed to DEET.
    Here is the active ingredients of it

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Product called Autan keeps them at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

You could chase it out and replaster the crack.
    You could try a tube of tech7 as well, squeeze it in as best you can into the crack and smather any of the excess around the crack on the inside and outside. It's great tack and an easy way out of it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

They had stuff called DEET out here for mozzies but i thought to myself covering myself in chemicals didnt seem to bright an idea. Some people take vitamin B (12 i think) to keep them away especially when they hesd to bali, there are some alternative creams to use as opposed to DEET.
    Here is the active ingredients of it

Sold here as Jungle Formula insect repellent.

Some people use citronella spray and say it works too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭Base price

L1985 wrote: »
    It's nigh impossible to stop yourself from scratching a bite and you know when you do, your doomed for days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Base price wrote: »
    It's nigh impossible to stop yourself from scratching a bite and you know when you do, your doomed for days :(

I am on antibiotics and steroids for the mosquito bites. I got on holidays. citrene for the itchyness. Day 4 of them now. Calamine lotion works too. They are still sore. Got a cream aswell off doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Base price wrote: »

I never get targeted usually. Mosquitos ignore me normally as well. The only thing is they aren't itchy and I got bitten Yesterday as well. I'll have to look into a spray thou as they are having a feast at the minute.
    It's feeling like the Sahara out here at the minute-crazy crazy heat!!

Apple cider vinegar is supposed to keep them away. You put some in some lukewarm water and drink it each day

whelan2 wrote: »
    Apple cider vinegar is supposed to keep them away. You put some in some lukewarm water and drink it each day

Any excuse for the cider :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Looking at the brexit proposals from May’s cabinet yesterday the route they are pushing is for alignment for goods which would suit us.
    But it’s the services they need the most for the city of London to work into the eu there is no way the eu will allow a version of Hong Kong or Singapore operate into Europe without the four eu values been agreed to.
    So I think it’ll be a hard brexit all round.

Bullocks wrote: »
    Any excuse for the cider :D

I was told this yesterday after I got all the bites. Have about 30 of them. I am not sure about the repellent sprays as I used them. I then put sunscreen over it which must have hampered the effectiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

What dimensions ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Anyone passing by a Tesco store and looking for a drop of the hard stuff, Beefeater Gin 70 cl E15.
    Litre of Captain Morgan and litre of vodka E20. Absolute vodka 70cl E15. Few others as well. For today only it says!

• Advertisement

148multi wrote: »
    What dimensions ?

At a guess about 18x10x6 internally with a internal wall tying it together aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That tank owes you nothing after 60 - 70 years, knock it and build again.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Bullocks wrote: »
    You could chase it out and replaster the crack.
    You could try a tube of tech7 as well, squeeze it in as best you can into the crack and smather any of the excess around the crack on the inside and outside. It's great tack and an easy way out of it

Replastering the last resort really. The auld fella wants to put torch on felt over it. Not sure if that would work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Odelay

That tank owes you nothing after 60 - 70 years, knock it and build again.

Get onto the lads that built it!

I assume by the torch on, you're talking about emptying it and sealing from inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Odelay

Replastering the last resort really. The auld fella wants to put torch on felt over it. Not sure if that would work either.

How about buying a bladder for it? Either that or a sheet of pit cover pushed into it and fill with water. Does the water exit the bottom?

If it isn't riddled with cracks a tube of tech7 is what I would use . It really is good stuff to seal crack, its only about 13 euros and you could do it yourself easily i

THE ZETOR LIVES! SHE DRIVES. MWAHAHA. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

THE ZETOR LIVES! SHE DRIVES. MWAHAHA. :D:D:D:D

Video or gtfo!

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Video or gtfo!

I have her in the hayshed now so not going out to start it again. But tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »
    Get onto the lads that built it!

I assume by the torch on, you're talking about emptying it and sealing from inside?

Ya it will have to be emptied. Its due to be cleaned out anyway. Too much pressure to seal from the outside I'd imagine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement