Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chit chat number nein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

Maybe a few cans of this stuff might do it.. :)https://youtu.be/yzsKyUGebIQ

I can never get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 29,271 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We are going through a phase now as 14 year old cant sleep, it never ends

• Registered Users Posts: 18,522 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »

Young for insomnia, is it the heat ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Struggling myself atm, finding it too warm to sleep and waking early. Nowhere near my normal head hits the pillow and only herself hitting me on the head with the alarm clock waking me in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Don't worry - as they get older, the sleeplessness tranfers go you:. :) At that age, you might be getting a touch of it already

Farmer wrote: »
    Don't worry - as they get older, the sleeplessness tranfers go you:. :) At that age, you might be getting a touch of it already
    I dont get much sleep and like the bit I get. I think it's a cross of not having football for a week or so and getting up later, so I am waking her earlier. She will sleep no problem in our bed :rolleyes: Normally around midnight I get the wake up visit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

Replastering the last resort really. The auld fella wants to put torch on felt over it. Not sure if that would work either.

Kango out the crack to a v shape, stick shell wet seal and fix in it (more flexible than tec 7). Maybe set a h iron either side of tank and brace overhead to prevent further movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Struggling myself atm, finding it too warm to sleep and waking early. Nowhere near my normal head hits the pillow and only herself hitting me on the head with the alarm clock waking me in the morning.

Your not doing enough during that day

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Burning Tires

I know there are a few tradesmen on here so one of ye may be able to help me. We have a large block and plastered water tank here that holds about 7000 gallons built 60-70 years ago. It has a hairline crack in it about 4ft up along the length of a course of blocks and losing a good bit of water when full if you can get it full. Crack only came in it in the last few years and is getting longer all the time. What would be the best way to go about sealing it again? Coming under a bit of pressure the last few weeks.

There is a product called Sika Flex expansion joint filler. Sika is the company name. It's normally used for the expansion joijnts on silo walls and floors. It comes in a tube like tec7. Use it on the crack, its flexible and watertight. Then use a bitumen based paint 300mm either side of the crack line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I dont get much sleep and like the bit I get. I think it's a cross of not having football for a week or so and getting up later, so I am waking her earlier. She will sleep no problem in our bed :rolleyes: Normally around midnight I get the wake up visit

Same time here, Wonder if we swap the beds

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I haven't slept properly since this heatwave began even with the windows wide open at night its too warm. I'm ok when back home in NCD as I have a ceiling fan in the bedroom that I leave running during the night.

My routine at the moment is to get up between 4-5am, work until it gets too warm which is around 11-12, head indoors for lunch then back to bed for a siesta in the afternoon and try to sleep for a few hours, go back out to the yard at 6ish and work until 10-11pm.

At this stage I would love to go on a holiday to the Arctic so I can feel how nice it is to snuggle under a eider down duvet and sleep in a cold bedroom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Hard to see anyone come close to galway/ Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭Grueller

Mooooo wrote: »

Ultimately I think Galway will win it, but I think Cork will have a big say in this championship with their pace up front in the open spaces of Croke Park. Their fefence will cough up too much to that Galway forward line though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Grueller wrote: »
    Ultimately I think Galway will win it, but I think Cork will have a big say in this championship with their pace up front in the open spaces of Croke Park. Their fefence will cough up too much to that Galway forward line though I think.

Cork are a bit too far back in the physicality stakes I think. Galway seem to have it all at the minute, hurling speed and power.

Cork are a bit too far back in the physicality stakes I think. Galway seem to have it all at the minute, hurling speed and power.

Can't disagree with any of that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭orm0nd

can't see cork beating galway, I still wouldn't rule out kk though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to receive the money after applying for vat back? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Galway have some bench too. Reading an article yesterday about the polish guy training them. They're strong but not bulked up. They'll take some beating alright. Whelan is some player.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Odelay

Base price wrote: »
    I haven't slept properly since this heatwave began even with the windows wide open at night its too warm. I'm ok when back home in NCD as I have a ceiling fan in the bedroom that I leave running during the night.

My routine at the moment is to get up between 4-5am, work until it gets too warm which is around 11-12, head indoors for lunch then back to bed for a siesta in the afternoon and try to sleep for a few hours, go back out to the yard at 6ish and work until 10-11pm.

At this stage I would love to go on a holiday to the Arctic so I can feel how nice it is to snuggle under a eider down duvet and sleep in a cold bedroom :)

If ye are struggling with sleeping in the heat, try leaving blinds closed in the house during the day. It's what the french/Spanish/Italians do in hot weather. Either have blinds or shutters closed, has made a big difference for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,389 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to receive the money after applying for vat back? Thanks

Could be 2 weeks to 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

orm0nd wrote: »
    can't see cork beating galway, I still wouldn't rule out kk though

I don't think Kilkenny have the forwards to win an all ireland at the moment, way over dependent on tj to carry them every game. In fairness Richie Hogan probably not far away today and his radar will come good again but the rest don't offer much. Thought the ref was very kind to them today, the steps rule seems to be irrelevant if you are a kk forward.

If you havent heard anything after a few weeks give them a ring

I don't think Kilkenny have the forwards to win an all ireland at the moment, way over dependent on tj to carry them every game. In fairness Richie Hogan probably not far away today and his radar will come good again but the rest don't offer much. Thought the ref was very kind to them today, the steps rule seems to be irrelevant if you are a kk forward.

To be honest he is known in the county here as a ref who favours those with big reputations in local championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Vat 58 (unregistered) 6-8 weeks
    vat 3 (registered) 2 days - 8 weeks depending on queries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Vat 58 (unregistered) 6-8 weeks
    vat 3 (registered) 2 days - 8 weeks depending on queries

Thanks lakill.

As I'm unregistered is this something I can do myself or is my accountant needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Thanks lakill.

As I'm unregistered is this something I can do myself or is my accountant needed?

Can do yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 18,279 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I think that Kilkenny could struggle against Limerick next Weekend. Limerick are a big physical team after a 3 week lay off with a warm up yesterday. While they might struggle with not having a compeditive game in three weeks, they should have the legs on Kilkenny at the end. Limerick always preform well against Kilkenny and Tipp. Not sure if they will win it but I think they will be there in the last five minutes.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Thanks lakill.

Of course. Print off a vat 58 form .
    fill out

photocopy all information

post orginals to revenue

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement