Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Under 20 2019 6 Nations and World Championships

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Seturo has been a major disappointment in this competition from judging him on his super rugby appearances this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Seturo has been a major disappointment in this competition from judging him on his super rugby appearances this season

I expected Quinn Tupaea to be a standout based on his performances for Waikato. Thought it was odd that Toala and McClutchie weren’t brought to the tournament as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Lucas44

Expect our backs to be bullied and targeted particularly the 9,10,12 channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Is Plumtree on the nz bench son of former Irish forward coach? Pretty sure he won a jct with Blackrock if it is which is an interesting back story. Probably played with some of tea Irish lads

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Is Plumtree on the nz bench son of former Irish forward coach? Pretty sure he won a jct with Blackrock if it is which is an interesting back story. Probably played with some of tea Irish lads

Yeah it's John Plumtrees son, but he didn't play JCT, that was his older brother Reece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Why have ireland gone for Foley at 12 again, he was a disaster against Italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

The Scots have lost heavily to Fiji (59 - 34) so finish in last place.

England won comfortably enough V Wales in an entertaining game to finish 5th. Final score 45 - 26.

Great win for Fiji. Always sad to see a home nation get relegated, but hopefully the Super 6 competition will help Scotland develop more players and not rely on imports/exiles as much.

I see the junior all blacks spend a lot less time synchronising their routine in comparison to the senior team.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ireland are seriously pumped up for this match. Great hit from Watters.

Flannery is not a good kicker from 10. Very poor kick there to open space for the NZ backs to comfortably win the territorial battle.

• Advertisement

Poor try to concede. Very little support or corner flagging to gather the bounce. NZ shouldn't be able to gather that and stroll over without a finger on them.

Jesus. That's taken the wind out of our sails. Casey having a tough time at the base of the ruck. Protection isn't good enough.

Commentators calling the ball out immediately. Clearly not out on that first angle. Ball was not beyond the hind most.

TMO gives his decision that the player was onside. That was not the question asked.

We look knackered to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

How the **** was that ball out? Clueless **** from the officials. And the commentator.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ireland playing like they are looking forward to the flight home. Haven’t turned up at all.

We're done. Lads are exhausted. 19-0 down after 13 minutes. They'd happily be on the plane now, I'd imagine.

Wide defending is very poor again though if must be said.

Dense from DTM. And NZ score a try from the resulting kick to the corner.

Ireland falling off tackles all over the place. They're on the plane mentally. It has been a draining and disjointed tournament for them so I can't blame them but it's a disappointing finish to things.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Injuries or no injuries this is unacceptable.

NZ are very average U20 team this tournament and Wales beat them.

Shipping this kind of score shows disorganisation and disinterest from players who should be thankful of their opportunity.

Heymans wrote: »
    Injuries or no injuries this is unacceptable.

You kinda need to grow up mate.

These are amateur kids who've had a tough few weeks, a somewhat unlucky start and have now lost focus.

You need to take this all a lot less seriously, especially when minor players are involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Think that was a try. Ref was in a crap position.

• Advertisement

Really need to get some form of points on the board before half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

This team has shown plenty of character over the last 5 months or so. Don't think they're disinterested, just tired and off form.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

You kinda need to grow up mate.

These are amateur kids who've had a tough few weeks, a somewhat unlucky start and have now lost focus.

You need to take this all a lot less seriously, especially when minor players are involved.

Me take underage rugby less seriously? Never.

At my sons U7's games this season I ref the whole game from the sideline.

It's my attitude that breeds champions.

Anyone else feel like the commentary is unbelievably biased? I mean Kernohan hardly "propelled himself into the air" there.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

thats a beautiful try

• Subscribers Posts: 41,024 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Mad game Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Anyone else feel like the commentary is unbelievably biased? I mean Kernohan hardly "propelled himself into the air" there.

SH commentators usually have an air of supremacy about them. Was same in Australia game, “plucky Irish” etc.

some if the scrum reffing looks like the officials just flip a coin

Ben Healy is far better at getting th backline moving than Flannery, so very poor decision making and execution out there

• Advertisement

Ben healy on too late to make a difference at this stage, surely he shouldve started

Advertisement