Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Under 20 2019 6 Nations and World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭RockBoysarewii

which is incorrect, he is 6'6.

Where do you get the stats for the players and is it even correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭RockBoysarewii

Ireland u20 squad in Cork

DxqzbwOXgAE2jmS.jpg

No Penny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

He's been named in the Leinster team

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

England will be a really good test for these lads.
    Fingers crossed that the frailties from last season are not a recurring theme.
    I love this competition as much as any.
    Always fascinating to see the future stars.
    Lads! Dont be afraid to post the games on you tube. I will watch! Promise

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Dubinusa wrote: »
    England will be a really good test for these lads.
    Fingers crossed that the frailties from last season are not a recurring theme.
    I love this competition as much as any.
    Always fascinating to see the future stars.
    Lads! Dont be afraid to post the games on you tube. I will watch! Promise
    its a different year with 80%+ different players involved so you cant really say anything about frailties of last year having any connection to this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

its a different year with 80%+ different players involved so you cant really say anything about frailties of last year having any connection to this year

Right. But England are generally a top level side. They should be a very stiff test.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Right. But England are generally a top level side. They should be a very stiff test.

They will be and I would fear for Ireland this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

That England team has the potential to absolutely hockey that Ireland team, I hope they prove me wrong - looks like it will be men against boys

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NoScrumNoWin0

That England team has the potential to absolutely hockey that Ireland team, I hope they prove me wrong - looks like it will be men against boys

and in the end it wont really matter as results are not the most important thing at this level.

They always are. Dont think its needs stating. With 12 premiership sides and then championship sides fully professional their players will be playing pro rugby and training accordingly week in week out and many will have been doing so earlier than our players do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Does Cormac Foley play for a club or for an AIL side?

Whats the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

St. Mary's College RFC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

D14Rugby wrote: »
    St. Mary's College RFC

Does he play AIL or 20's? I know O'Driscoll usually starts 9 for Marys.

Does he play AIL or 20's? I know O'Driscoll usually starts 9 for Marys.

I think he mostly plays AIL

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sunderland00

Few upsets this week. Tarf have it wrapped up now surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sunderland00

Anyone have trinity team sheet too?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Few upsets this week. Tarf have it wrapped up now surely?

Yeah would agrre good to see Tarf competing back at the top after a few indifferent years at 20s level, they recruited very well this season and will win finish top of the heap this year. Lansdowne & Trinity perenial top end of the table and will be again this year but UCD have been very dissapointing for all the players they have they should be doing better. MU Barnhall getting stronger each season and look like they will be a contender sooner rather than later. Great to see the clubs competing with the colleges and all the resources they can offer at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Wegians89

When will the team be named for the English match?

Wegians89 wrote: »
    When will the team be named for the English match?
    probably tomorrow

• Advertisement

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Yeah would agrre good to see Tarf competing back at the top after a few indifferent years at 20s level, they recruited very well this season and will win finish top of the heap this year. Lansdowne & Trinity perenial top end of the table and will be again this year but UCD have been very dissapointing for all the players they have they should be doing better. MU Barnhall getting stronger each season and look like they will be a contender sooner rather than later. Great to see the clubs competing with the colleges and all the resources they can offer at this level.

In fairness there's a few clubs at this level that would probably be on par with the colleges "resource" wise

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    There is some clubs who can compete with the colleges resource wise tbf.
    Would be great to see some more clubs compete outside usual suspects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Barnhall are a bit of a hybrid as they offer scholarships also (Maynooth).
    Clearly working very well given the 20's and seniors relative strength the last couple of seasons. Believe they are playing some very good rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Anyone have trinity team sheet too?

15. Aran Egan
    14. Andrew Hogan
    13. Luis Faria
    12. James Moriarty
    11. Hugh Twomey
    10. David O'Brien
    9. louis oreilly

1. Benjamin Nel
    2. George Downing
    3. Aidan Donnelly
    4. Neil Howard
    5. Adrian Binder
    6. Jody Booth
    7. Adam Corcoran
    8. Michael McGagh

16. Patrick Nixon
    17. Aziz Naser
    18. Matthew Martin
    19. Tiarnan McCloskey
    20. Elliott Ryan
    21. Sebastian Pim
    22. Luke McKay

Well Tarf are the obvious example. They are fielding two sides at 20s this season and have brought in alot of talent.

The likes of David Hawkshaw, Charlie Ward, Hugo Lennox, Daragh Kelly and so on aren't playing here for the love the carvery dinner in the yacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

There was a lad I seen play Leinster clubs a couple of years ago, think it was the 2000s age group, a tighthead from Tullow. May have been called Charlie but not sure, anyone any idea where he is now? He looked like he could be a good player he was a tank of a kid and could play ball.

salmocab wrote: »
    There was a lad I seen play Leinster clubs a couple of years ago, think it was the 2000s age group, a tighthead from Tullow. May have been called Charlie but not sure, anyone any idea where he is now? He looked like he could be a good player he was a tank of a kid and could play ball.

Charlie Ward is Tullow, playing 20s with Clontarf and underage again next year. Think was involved with Irish 20s but possibly injured as havent seen his named mentioned anywhere recently.

Stainalert wrote: »
    Barnhall are a bit of a hybrid as they offer scholarships also (Maynooth).
    Clearly working very well given the 20's and seniors relative strength the last couple of seasons. Believe they are playing some very good rugby.

Just checking the table there saw Barnhall beat Terenure 14-12 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,286 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Charlie Ward is Tullow, playing 20s with Clontarf and underage again next year. Think was involved with Irish 20s but possibly injured as havent seen his named mentioned anywhere recently.

Yeah pretty sure that’s him, hope he makes it so I can make big claims about knowing it when he was a kid.
    he really stood out when I saw him play in fairness. I was only down as a mates son was playing.

• Advertisement

Well Tarf are the obvious example. They are fielding two sides at 20s this season and have brought in alot of talent.

The likes of David Hawkshaw, Charlie Ward, Hugo Lennox, Daragh Kelly and so on aren't playing here for the love the carvery dinner in the yacht.
    Clontarf are one of the 20s clubs that do attract more of the youths players then some others especially guys like Kelly, Lennox who will have come up through neighbouring clubs like Suttonians, Skerries

Advertisement