Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Clubcard 7th July best day ever.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

OmegaGene wrote: »
    All depends what time you went and what you were looking for
    Toothpaste, tayto’s, baby wipes, vodka, Budweiser, Jameson,various meat packs,Andrex toilet rolls, frubes, strawberries, Kimberly elite biscuits all on offer and went in my trolley

But most of them are on offer all the time.

Considering the hoohaa about it, it was crap

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

van_beano wrote: »
    I got 6 bottles of Lomza beer today for €11, on a normal day it would have been €12. I used the euro saved to buy a bag of National Confectionary jellies. Best. Day. Ever.

A few months ago they were €1.65 each in Tesco. Total: €9.90. The discount you got is a typical Tesco manipulation. Spar sells them very slightly cheaper than you got them for. 5 for €9. 3 whole cents a bottle cheaper! Though 6 is always better than 5 so I like your calculations. Bargain of the year. Great beer choice though and jellies not too bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

All depends what you expected really

There were some good offers tbf.

But calling it the best day EVER? With nearly a month of a build up? Everytime i looked at twitter there was a tesco paid ad in my face. So i did expect more based on their hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

123654789 wrote: »

But calling it the best day EVER? With nearly a month of a build up? Everytime i looked at twitter there was a tesco paid ad in my face. So i did expect more based on their hype.

Are the beer offers still running today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

123654789 wrote: »

They didn't call it the Best Day Ever.

There were some seriously good offers, but it was a marketing drive to get people in and, most importantly, to use their Club card. Judging by my local store, it worked. I got a few good deals, so I got what I needed.

Reading this thread, a few people needed a dose of reality and I think they got it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

they did call it best day ever, so did the pa announcements in store... aside from tvs it was pretty woeful...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

HairMare wrote: »
    they did call it best day ever, so did the pa announcements in store... aside from tvs it was pretty woeful...

I got, vodka, gin, beer, mayonaise, pringles, strawberries, raspberries, tayto crisps, coffee and toilet roll and baby wipes. It was an excellent promotion for lots of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I missed out on that 4k TV they sold some 20 pieces of per store and who knows how many of those made it even to the floor. Got the tasty berries. So much for the clubcard day silliness, now back to doing my main shopping at Aldi at low prices every day without lucky dips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Peter File wrote: »
    I got, vodka, gin, beer, mayonaise, pringles, strawberries, raspberries, tayto crisps, coffee and toilet roll and baby wipes. It was an excellent promotion for lots of people.

World's. Worst. Smoothie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Most overrated promotion ever :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mikeym wrote: »
    Most overrated promotion ever :mad:

And is Expired

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

If anyone was sad enough to take time out of their weekend on an incredibly hot day to go to Tesco to buy discounted Pringles and whatever other rubbish they were selling on the basis of some marketing puff, well I despair.

Is the fear of missing out now so great that people will fall for this?? Best Day Ever in a frickin Tesco!! Jesus wept...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭green123

Anyone taking time out of their day to bash a bargain alert needs help

Them people took time out of their day once.

You have taken time out of your day about 10 times to try and defend and justify it.

Maybe it's you who needs the help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Doodah7 wrote: »
    If anyone was sad enough to take time out of their weekend on an incredibly hot day to go to Tesco to buy discounted Pringles and whatever other rubbish they were selling on the basis of some marketing puff, well I despair.

Is the fear of missing out now so great that people will fall for this?? Best Day Ever in a frickin Tesco!! Jesus wept...

It was the highlight of my weekend, got a free pack of Taytos and all

• Registered Users Posts: 85,592 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did anyone win anything decent?

I won a packet of Tayto crisps in lucky dip and the next 5 after me the same

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did anyone win anything decent?

I won a packet of Tayto crisps in lucky dip and the next 5 after me the same

Me auldfella won a tankard and was moaning about it. He really wasn't happy that it came with no juice. I told him I'd swap him for my prize, a packet of crisps and he soon shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Did anyone get any of the Sharp Aquos 40" 4K TVs and if so, how are ye finding them?

Advertisement