Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Clubcard 7th July best day ever.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

inna981 wrote: »
    LG 32" LED TV. LG 32LH51. E129.50

Is this all stores?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    No extra points means you were not a winner then
    Seems like lots of deals are being posted here and someone has added a photo of the deals which seem good to me
    Voucher in the examiner today also makes it worth the trip

The double points and million points are via voucher only and instore afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Are Sharp TV's any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,845 ✭✭✭✭zell12

TallGlass wrote: »
    Are Sharp TV's any good?
    They are sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Are Sharp TV's any good?

I got one, 4k picture is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Some good deals. Which is great cos I spent 80 in 5 transactions at the self service split over a couple of clubcards and won nada :rolleyes:
    Clearly the odds of winning are worse than 1 in 5.. I didn't see anyone else winning either thou?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

ShaneU wrote: »
    I got one, 4k picture is great
    What's the exact model?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What's the exact model?

LC-40UG7252K

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Are Sharp TV's any good?

After the Foxconn takeover (possibly before), Sharp made an announcement that their US TV's were crap (without using those exact words). Hisense bought the Sharp TV section, and Foxconn (Sharp) started to sue Hisense (Sharp TV), to stop them using the name in their "badly made TV's".
    IIRC it was only for American sets, the lawsuit was dropped and they made an agreement.
    Foxconn are apparently going all out to revive the Sharp brand name and are trying to instill confidence in the Sharp product range, by making everything of a high quality standard.
    Hisense always maintained that they were making high quality TV's and that they also wanted to help revive the Sharp brand.

I think that and the 'run down' name Sharp had acquired make people think not so good quality.
    Sorry for the long winded response.

TL:DR - I'd buy it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Got no vouchers in the post have a clubcard years. Got no indication of extra points on my receipt this morning nor any mention of it by the cashier.

No sign of spot prizes or anything of that nature. I dunno, it's grand like as I wanted to get the shopping done so not a wasted trip but for me it was certainly not worth the hype.

Same as, pile of ****e and waste of time. They had a lucky dip in Roselawn where you picked out a ball but there was only white balls present and a white ball equated to one packet of Tayto crisps with a monetary value of about 0.20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hi has anyone seen any deals on Sat Nav with European maps?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Been to few stores in Dublin, trying to find one the sharp 4k one. Cant find any. Anyone seen this in any of the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Got no indication of extra points on my receipt this morning nor any mention of it by the cashier.

No sign of spot prizes or anything of that nature.
    Same here, there was a stand to sign up inside the door, and looks like loads of tayto crisps and marshmallow things are to be given out. No PA announcments. I remember at christmas the PA kept going off with people winning stuff at checkouts.

Only 2 jameson left, plenty of smirnoff & a fair few absolut

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Searched a good few Tescos and none had the tv's! If anyone has one that they don't need I'd gladly pay the 200. Drop a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just got a home delivery. Only bonus was this box:

Kitkat ruby cocoa beans 41.5g
    Kitkat 9x 2 finger lemon drizzle
    Pom-bear cheese and onion 15g
    Volvic touch of fruit summer fruits 500ml
    Tesco finest full-bodied and bright tea 40 teabags

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

I've just been to my local store and I thought the promotion was a bit underwhelming. Like others, I too got a packet of Tayto from the lucky dip. I bought a couple of the items that were on offer. I didn't get any extra points and nor did I get my shopping for free. I understand that not everyone would do but I felt that Tesco could have done better with this promotion. I thought the store lacked some big banners or balloons or something similar. I just thought they could have done better with it visually.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

On the TVs, I picked one up in Dooradoyle Limerick at about 9:30 this morning. Chap at the till said they had 17 of them at 7 a.m. and there was only one left when I left. Presume they're all well gone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

On the TVs, I picked one up in Dooradoyle Limerick at about 9:30 this morning. Chap at the till said they had 17 of them at 7 a.m. and there was only one left when I left. Presume they're all well gone.

Yeah long gone, I see one in limericks for sale for 350 on donedeal or 300 on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They weren't taking competitor coupons in Clare Hall, had taken down all the signs for that offer... not sure if it's just for today or if that is the end of that - if so, 7th July is a sad day :(

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Loads of tvs left in tesco maynooth if anyone is looking for them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Went in to Tallaght and have to say, what a disappointing time after a lot of effort and marketing by Tesco.
    Kelloggs Cornflakes €1, Pringles €1, cheap washing power and conditioner with some cheap beer and spirits and that was about it.
    Obviously some got cheap TV's but certainly wouldn't have me rushing back.
    Best day ever?
    Don't think so.

chocksaway wrote: »
    Loads of tvs left in tesco maynooth if anyone is looking for them

Too far for me to make it there with some left :(
    If some nice Boardsie picked one of the 4k 200 quid ones I would make my way up straight away and throw them 20 for their troubles:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Think the Smirnoff was the litre bottle for €20, instead of the 700c the advert says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Caranica wrote: »
    Just got a home delivery. Only bonus was this box:

Kitkat ruby cocoa beans 41.5g
    Kitkat 9x 2 finger lemon drizzle
    Pom-bear cheese and onion 15g
    Volvic touch of fruit summer fruits 500ml
    Tesco finest full-bodied and bright tea 40 teabags

That's like something you'd get at a kids birthday part minus the tea bags :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That's like something you'd get at a kids birthday part minus the tea bags :pac::pac::pac:

Yeah, very random mixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Think people were expecting too much, didn't think it was too bad picked up a blast of strawberry and raspberries punnets for 79c Pringles and batchelors beans, also there was BBQ meat half price and the already mentioned beer and spirit offers. Would have been nice if decent beer was on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭gussieg

Am in maynooth there is one 32 Phillips for 199... And a display of lenovo laptops for 200

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

Was around 11am in Tesco Dun Laoghaire ( bloomfields ) : more customers on site than usual , some of them with 'bargain list' in their hand, or on the phone with someone who knew where to send them for the cheap stuff.

from 14 tills ( 7 double stands ) , 4 didn't have cashiers, the one at the end that's reserved for handheld scanners had a 6 trolley's queue , and the slab of Buds that we had , it scanned at 24 euro .

Went to customer care, took time to find a supervisor to check 'the shelf price' ( although the yellow 24 cans for 20 euro is there for a week , they just added the blue sign with<< today only 24 cans for 20 euro, max 3 unit per customer >>
    Of course, the devil is in the details : is 2.2e/can, or 24 cans for 20 euro ( but not the slab, 'cause the slab bar-code scans @24 euro -> they expect you to take 24 individual cans from the shelf ( don't think there were so many anyway )

What tesco marketing/sales people FAILED TO DO : when you're wasting $$$ on marketing, ensure that all cashiers are at the tills from 8 am, that you have the experience staff and not the beginners - that don't know how to process vouchers and coupons, etc ;

Other stores , when they have a ''sell event '' they have loads of staff on the floor, to make it easier for you to spend your cash ( it's not rocket science, it's plain commerce 101 )

@to the managers : A cstomer who waits 10 min at the till Q is a lost customer ( no matter what marketing/sales team tell you )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Those finest teabags are nice to be fair. Even their 89c gold blend teabags are a pretty good match for Lyons in taste.

Advertisement