Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Getting this thread back up and running as we'll start to see some bargains coming up shortly!

Tesco are kicking off with two for 20euro on tins of biscuits:

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/browse/default.aspx?N=4294848137&Ne=4294954028

• Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Do those biscuit tins get included in the 3 for €20 & better still 3 for €15 with Roses/QS/ Heroes/Celebrations tubs offer Dunnes tend to have for about a week in the build up?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I'm not sure to be honest. I very rarely shop in Dunnes!

CheerLouth wrote: »

No worries, I know that offer tends to include some biscuit tins, remember the cadburys & at least one of the foxes ones being included but not the others. Sure the offers change year on year so its irrelevant really.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »

Dunnes is great for the €10 off when you spend €50 vouchers. We save a fortune each week using them.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Dunnes is great for the €10 off when you spend €50 vouchers. We save a fortune each week using them.

They don't do home delivery though & I cannot bring my two fiends to a supermarket & remain sane :o Tesco home delivery saves me so much time, it's worth the few extra bob. Plus I save all my points for the year so normally my Christmas Big Shop is free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

ooh I wonder will Dunnes match that before the weekend - I have a load of Dunnes vouchers about to expire and I could use them and stockpile in advance!!

Loughc wrote: »

Ditto. They're an absolute godsend. We use €40 of them every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We were tempted fairly recently by a Dunnes spend and save voucher we got in the post. Never again. The saving was wiped out by how much more expensive Dunnes is than Tesco (because Tesco ha such a massive own brand range compared to Dunnes), and we couldn’t get half the items on our list. It was also a good reminder of how much of a pain it is to shop in-store. Back to Tesco click and collect!

Tesco own brand is very good value - it's how I afford to shop there to be fair.

• Advertisement

We were tempted fairly recently by a Dunnes spend and save voucher we got in the post. Never again. The saving was wiped out by how much more expensive Dunnes is than Tesco (because Tesco ha such a massive own brand range compared to Dunnes), and we couldn’t get half the items on our list. It was also a good reminder of how much of a pain it is to shop in-store. Back to Tesco click and collect!

Funnily enough, we tried changing from Dunnes to Tesco a while ago & having been used to shopping in Dunnes & buying alot of their own brand stuff found it difficult to get everything we needed in Tesco, we came out with what we thought at first look an okay weeks shopping with a moderate saving, but copped after a couple of days we had missed loads & ended up going to Dunnes to pick them up anyway, net result no real saving at all.

I'm one of those people that prefers to pick the stuff myself in store rather than rely on online grocery shopping (expiry dates never seemed as good with the online orders) anyway so despite it probably being a little bit more expensive will stick to Dunnes. Tesco is great for the odd trip to pick up some extra's but I could never do our weeks shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

We have been a Lidl & Tesco family for a good while now. Found for us it was a big saving over Dunnes, even with the €10 voucher. Also used the Tesco points to pay for ferry to the UK last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

TRS30 wrote: »
    We have been a Lidl & Tesco family for a good while now. Found for us it was a big saving over Dunnes, even with the €10 voucher. Also used the Tesco points to pay for ferry to the UK last year.

I mix between supermarkets and I always find Dunnes more expensive to do our weekly shop. I know somebody who raves about there €10 or as they call it 20% off everything but it never worked out cheaper for us.
    We keep all our Tesco point for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Rumour has it that Dunnes limits its own brand stock in certain stores due to the local clientele that thy want to discourage from shopping there. Having been in a number of different stores, I am close to believing it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

As much as I'm loving the Tesco/Lidl etc conversation, the next person to post better have an actual bargain to report! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Posy wrote: »
    As much as I'm loving the Tesco/Lidl etc conversation, the next person to post better have an actual bargain to report! :pac:

The tins of Afternoon Tea, Chocolate Kimberly, Chocolate Micado and USA are 2 for €20 in Tesco.
    This off ran for a good while last year.
    They were reduced to about €8 for a short period but they sold out fast.
    Lidl may also do this one morning for €5 but only a few will get this!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Posy wrote: »

Tesco seem to permanently have trays of 24 cans of diet coke, 7up etc for €10. Great to stock up on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Christmas cake ingredients are on special offer in Tesco at the moment. Probably still cheaper to buy them in Lidl/Aldi but it’s a good time to buy them either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

JustMe,K wrote: »
    Tesco seem to permanently have trays of 24 cans of diet coke, 7up etc for €10. Great to stock up on :)

Keep an eye on Iceland they do have them for €8

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,245 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

kitten_k wrote: »
    Keep an eye on Iceland they do have them for €8

Tesco regularly have them at 2 for €15

• Advertisement

The Arnotts warehouse sale is on this weekend and seemingly there will be half price Christmas decorations at it

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Mothercare have an early bird toy sale on. Some discounts of over 50%. Includes a lot of the happyland range.

The Arnotts warehouse sale is on this weekend and seemingly there will be half price Christmas decorations at it

Did anyone go to this? Where the Christmas decorations any good?

I was dropping my neighbours to the airport on Saturday afternoon and was going to call in on my way back however the traffic was crazy so didn't bother.

Yea i went, got a Nordic boy and girl, new baubles and a yankee candle. They also has Christmas trees, ornaments and lights.

Yea i went, got a Nordic boy and girl, new baubles and a yankee candle. They also has Christmas trees, ornaments and lights.

Kinda sorry I didn’t call in now however traffic was mental (mid afternoon) so couldn’t face it!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Tesco have the Quality Street 650g tub for €3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭tscul32

Local tesco had them at 3.99 this evening and I was explaining to one of the little elves that they were price matching aldi. Became a marketing lesson when he asked why tesco were limiting to 4 per customer when they could get as many as they wanted in aldi. To be fair to him he did seem to grasp it, might have a future in business.

Off to Aldi on my way home tonight so... nom nom.

Lidl are doing selected bottles of wine for €5 per bottle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭tscul32

All the tubs are 3.99 now in tesco

Advertisement