Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Next website is completely infuriating, but if you search for 'Christmas' and filter by Sale there are some Christmas jumpers and pyjamas and decorations. Lots sold out already, and mainly menswear and kids available but it might be worth a look.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dunnes have 2 for €10 on sweets and biscuit tins. If you have the €5 off voucher if you get 4 for €20 it’ll only cost you €15 making it €3.75 a tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

For those of you with little 'uns the Smyths €10 off €50 starts on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

dueaug wrote: »
    For those of you with little 'uns the Smyths €10 off €50 starts on Tuesday.

They usually have a 20% off sale around September/October time as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

DvB wrote: »
    I know where I'm heading this evening so! :D

yearn! Now almost housebound and shopping comes in from my excellent kind Supervalu..will be fun seeing what I can get ! but I miss dealz and Mr Price most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

CarraigDonn have 25 percent off their jewellry ranges.

TRS30 wrote: »
    They usually have a 20% off sale around September/October time as well.

I was saying this to someone at the weekend and they quite rightly pointed its the same as €10 off €50.

I'm sure some of you noticed and were too kind to say it to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Boots have a lovely gift ..Millie Macintosh make up set for E24....would suit many ages.
    I.v bought 4 for my nieces.....Think the offer is ending soon. They also had a
    Sanctuary set for E24..but I.v bought that range loads of times for lots of people....so
    I cant buy it anymore......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Aldi has a 99 liter chest freezer in stock on Sunday 13th for €129.99.
    It's a handy enough size. Bigger than the Currys 60 litre one for €109.00.
    They are also a lot more Aldi stores around and they'd be no delivery charges.
    There's also a 3 year warranty often with cheaper items you only get 1 or 2 years.

Use code CHZW20 to get 20% off Lily O'Brien's.

They've their advent calendar in stock.

• Advertisement

74224150_2657216810996056_1243513776607592448_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQk4nSnFXc3kcuYLGGHVkhmj4tQK9ka05g6IqNzrEUEV7FT3YElKCI-zuGpkEFDNbEA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=717230a170fff0cd38e411cfedafe7df&oe=5E27BD77

• Registered Users Posts: 7,173 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Christmas lovers, can anyone remember when Homestore&More usually have their Christmas trees half price? I'm trying to be organised - missed it last year!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Christmas lovers, can anyone remember when Homestore&More usually have their Christmas trees half price? I'm trying to be organised - missed it last year!

About the last week in November!

dee_mc wrote: »

From what I remember they don't reduce most of Christmas decoration till December maybe very late November. Or do what we do and go up between Christmas and New Year, when they are nearly giving stuff away, and stock up for next Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭touts

Lots of people buying decorations in TK Maxx today. They have some very nice stuff. Even in TK some items were still a little pricey but I was very very tempted (actually picked up a fantastic new wreath for the door).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

At the risk of upsetting some people, H&M has some of their Christmas jumpers in the sale.

https://www2.hm.com/en_ie/productpage.0547937013.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

M&S have 20% off their Christmas Decorations at the moment.

This is the cheapest I've seen Chocolate Kimberly!(They may go cheaper tough)
    72835862_1428294400668679_4976364725093793792_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQlv50Xtn2Wi32EVurcGSWjSE-Y2zNNVX4-8cW0xdT12Q7ylVT8a6ddbQ_tgFsTU29U&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=f823ae61ad517e7c24f7f022319cbaad&oe=5E598242

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, a good price :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Always a sign we're getting into the thick of it when the alcohol (spirits) start being included in the specials.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Always a sign we're getting into the thick of it when the alcohol (spirits) start being included in the specials.

I think I have all my Christmas drinks bought now, which is great because they will be stashed away and forgotten about until the time comes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭DvB

JustMe,K wrote: »
    I think I have all my Christmas drinks bought now, which is great because they will be stashed away and forgotten about until the time comes

Same here on the spirits, though we may end up picking up another bottle of Bacardi, the beers we'll leave until closer to christmas though. TBH we've nowhere to store anything atm so it not like we have much of a choice :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Same here on the spirits, though we may end up picking up another bottle of Bacardi, the beers we'll leave until closer to christmas though. TBH we've nowhere to store anything atm so it not like we have much of a choice :D

We are lucky to have a stash place for slabs of beer and soft drinks.
    Scared to buy boxes of sweets though because there is a locust child and friends who will hoover them up if they are found!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

We’re the same with sweets and biscuits. I could ignore a stash until December but the 2 others in my house, they wouldn’t be there past this weekend. If I buy the odd packet of crisps for myself, I have to hide it in my room.

Its a nightmare isn't it - the concept of buying something and just leaving it there is lost on some people! And dont get me started on why they would assume that if something is deliberately out of sight that it was NEVER for general consumption anyway!

JustMe,K wrote: »
    Its a nightmare isn't it - the concept of buying something and just leaving it there is lost on some people! And dont get me started on why they would assume that if something is deliberately out of sight that it was NEVER for general consumption anyway!

You need a 'Christmas Cupboard' (Derry Girls reference) :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    You need a 'Christmas Cupboard' (Derry Girls reference) :D

Yes!! I can imagine the look on his face now if I go home and suggest that :D:D:D

ff57e73f118eb2818b2b474d2731697d.png

• Advertisement

Some okay offers on alcohol at Lidl this weekend!

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/bank-holiday-boooo-nanza/c999

Advertisement