Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I bought lights in home store and more last year for the tree I think it was the 2000 I got, a couple were flicking oddly before the end of the Christmas last year I’m wondering will I get this year out of them
    Or should I buy a spare set now just in case

I don’t want to be dashing out next week in a hurry ....with trying to get the tree up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I priced around and they are the best value. Like you I had an expensive set with a bunch of lights flickering( bought from a local store 8 years ago) so I decided to get rid of them and start again. Would you like to get another year out of them? Are they very noticeable?

Just saw you got them last year. Could be still in warranty ?

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I priced around and they are the best value. Like you I had an expensive set with a bunch of lights flickering( bought from a local store 8 years ago) so I decided to get rid of them and start again. Would you like to get another year out of them? Are they very noticeable?

Just saw you got them last year. Could be still in warranty ?

Thanks yes I only got them last year in November I was disappointed to be honest when I seen them flickering

Anyone that bought lights this year for Christmas did you notice on your receipt that homestore and more give warranty on Christmas lights ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,976 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

SarahLil wrote: »
    I bought lights in home store and more last year for the tree I think it was the 2000 I got, a couple were flicking oddly before the end of the Christmas last year I’m wondering will I get this year out of them
    Or should I buy a spare set now just in case

I don’t want to be dashing out next week in a hurry ....with trying to get the tree up

I know somebody who bought lights at Homestore and More and they had issues with them. They weren't much help with returns either.

SarahLil wrote: »
    Thanks yes I only got them last year in November I was disappointed to be honest when I seen them flickering

Anyone that bought lights this year for Christmas did you notice on your receipt that homestore and more give warranty on Christmas lights ?

Nothing specific to lights. Just refund and exchange policy can be found at homestoreandmore.ie

• Advertisement

I know somebody who bought lights at Homestore and More and they had issues with them. They weren't much help with returns either.

Thank you Freshpopcorn I might just pick up a new set of lights for next week elsewhere just in case

If you have the receipt or proof of purchase on your credit card, try getting an exchange first.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    If you have the receipt or proof of purchase on your credit card, try getting an exchange first.

Thank you Postgrad,

Iceland supermarket recent flyer

https://issuu.com/icelandroi/docs/c61_flyer_no_coupon_for_web_2019_edit?fr=sYjJlOTE3MTA4Mw

Galaxy/Malteaser/Mars selection boxes 3 for 10 euro
    After eights 2 for 5 euro

The big one available at Supervalu!(Thursday and Friday)
    75424764_2772194912811247_1732867756014960640_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQkeuvovJM3EwCqihVgUqmCJTKxs89pMBoT4JS3wZSia632JnozaQ3T0ZKxWqXPtT0E&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=8d7ca5a8471fc691679d59d2ed90910f&oe=5E803373

• Advertisement

If anybody wants me to keep an eye out for a particular thing going on offer. Just let me know what your looking for and I'll try and get back to you if I see something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just got this from Ikea-

Receive a €15 voucher when you buy a
    real Christmas tree for €30. Pick your perfect Christmas tree at IKEA Dublin from the 21st November for just €30 – and get a €15 voucher to spend in January*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Kendrick Breezy Nutshell

SuperValu has a decent offer on tubs of sweets for the today and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Gift sets on offer in Dunnes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Black Week has begun on Carraig Donn - just got text 20% off until next week - including their Christmas stuff

Dealz
    75481695_2595737117175873_3343146970624557056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=prmEBhG8TesAQkIIk0NgHMWap1DUR4SMIE-3cAYc_n_XBT2-2c_VHAPYg&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=c36029684a1e49faf8e2d3b53b028c94&oe=5E85E46E

• Registered Users Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I love Scots Clan , they were only ever in our house at Christmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,934 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I love Scots Clan , they were only ever in our house at Christmas time.

Nostalgia!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Teeley

75481695_2595737117175873_3343146970624557056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=prmEBhG8TesAQkIIk0NgHMWap1DUR4SMIE-3cAYc_n_XBT2-2c_VHAPYg&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=c36029684a1e49faf8e2d3b53b028c94&oe=5E85E46E

Where are they available??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

jellybear wrote: »
    Just got this from Ikea-

Receive a €15 voucher when you buy a
    real Christmas tree for €30. Pick your perfect Christmas tree at IKEA Dublin from the 21st November for just €30 – and get a €15 voucher to spend in January*.

They do that every year

We got it a few years in a row but no smell from the tree so we go local providers....can’t beat a nice smelling Xmas tree

• Advertisement

Teeley wrote: »
    Where are they available??

Dealz!(I thought I said it in the ad)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    They do that every year

We got it a few years in a row but no smell from the tree so we go local providers....can’t beat a nice smelling Xmas tree

Funny you should say that, made a very quick fly visit on Sat and got the smell of Christmas trees when walking in.

24 cans of Pepsi Max buy one get one free(€10 for 24 cans at Aldi on Thursday 28th)
    pepsi.png?strip=all&w=703

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

If anyone sees Chocolate Kimberley tins for less than €12, give me a shout! :D

Posy wrote: »
    If anyone sees Chocolate Kimberley tins for less than €12, give me a shout! :D

They are €10 in Lidl ans 2 for €20 in Tesco.

Lidl also normally have a day when they a €5 but you've to be there early and be prepared to battle!

Thanks! :)

When I said 'anyone' I really meant Freshpopcorn. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They are €10 in Lidl ans 2 for €20 in Tesco.

Lidl also normally have a day when they a €5 but you've to be there early and be prepared to battle!

Ah LIDL where you really do have to fight for every decent bargain out there.

Yeah, I'd rather spend the tenner. :p

Posy wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd rather spend the tenner. :p

It's great fun tough. Mothers getting there three year olds to push to the top of the queue. Pensioners with trolleys and the generally look of determination in people face on a cold bleek morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,008 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Lidl & Aldi are great if you dont have a 9-5 job or suchlike. All the 'bargains' are well gone by the time we ever get down there in an evening or at weekends.

Still always manage to pick up a few other bits though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement