Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

podsull1 wrote: »
    Hi I was in 90s got called for stage 2 early next month.when do you think they will offer jobs

I've kerry and limerick like. It's for limerick it said I'm 90s too

• Registered Users Posts: 25 WillieHyena

For those who have been issued a final overall OOM for limerick....
    Batch 1 is divided up into 2 batches (at least)...batch 1.1 and Batch 1.2

there are approx 27 in B 1.1 and they have contacted approx 16 people from there - don't panic - you can see what batch you're in in your message details under 'Our Ref' - expect them to contact the remainder by later end of december - don't panic

For those enquiring on Kerry there is 43 in Batch 1 - some have been interviewed some not - they are calling up from 44 onwards for stage 2 testing from 10/12 december this will comprise batch 2

My first choice location is Kerry - I've already been interviewed for Limerick so my scores will transfer across to Kerry - either way I will be in batch 2 - I may end up Batch 2 no 1 or Batch 2 no 90 (Depending on how many they call up for second stage testing) and how othere's score ....

As it stands best placed scenario for me is that I will be no 1 overall for Batch 2 i.e they are 43 people ahead of me to be placed from Batch 1

Factor in 50 % mobility transfers ( existing staff transferring in from other counties ) and that could take a long time to get to me

Key question is how many vacancies are there going to be in Kerry (or any other county) for 2019/20 ?? - without knowing that the panel could end before you get placed again

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

For those who have been issued a final overall OOM for limerick....
    Batch 1 is divided up into 2 batches (at least)...batch 1.1 and Batch 1.2

there are approx 27 in B 1.1 and they have contacted approx 16 people from there - don't panic - you can see what batch you're in in your message details under 'Our Ref' - expect them to contact the remainder by later end of december - don't panic

For those enquiring on Kerry there is 43 in Batch 1 - some have been interviewed some not - they are calling up from 44 onwards for stage 2 testing from 10/12 december this will comprise batch 2

Thanks for the info. Have you spoken to PAS? Are you in clearance too? as I believe you are ahead of me for Limerick and they told me I was

So it could be a year and a half before we get a job in either limerick or kerry :(

• Advertisement

In Clearance - this time of year is busy allow about a 6 weeks or so I'd day ..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Can I ask what clearance is please....is that different to vetting?

Got placed 4 for Limerick after interview (Second Choice)

Still waiting on final oom for Kerry - was placed mid- 40's after stage 1

Probably end up taking Limerick
    podsull1 wrote: »
    So it could be a year and a half before we get a job in either limerick or kerry :(

You'll get called for Limerick before kerry I'd imagine and they have more vacancies - my advice take the first concret offer you get or else you may find yourself going thru' the whole process again

Clearance is where the vetting , health and references etc are administered / this is the section that contacts you by phone as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 23 clunge

Any movement in Longford or Leitrim?

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Clearance is where the vetting , health and references etc are administered / this is the section that contacts you by phone as far as i know

Ah ok that’s great thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

Murzo wrote: »
        What number are you in batch 2? I think they have appointed two from first batch and there is 10 in first batch

Im Number 3 in Batch 1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Jipzy wrote: »
        Im Number 3 in Batch 1.2.

Have you spoken at all to PAS. Im close to you number wise for batch 2. Hoping it wont be long before we get a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Kerry have taken on the first person. The ball is finally rolling.

Kerry have taken on the first person. The ball is finally rolling.

Where have they gone to

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

anybody know if Clare will move before next year. How many did they even interview in batch 1 or any more interviews called?

I was told historic transfers will still be let from a list and then mobility and panel.
        but not offically. im not sure how it works. seems silly to give people an oom for clare and no sign of a job off this panel.

like kerry above im hoping hear about first clare person from this panel placed but they have called alot for interview in kerry and not many to clare.

i didnt choose galway but that seems slow too and a bigger place than tipp/kerry is that cause people want to transfer.

sally

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭claregal1

anybody know if Clare will move before next year. How many did they even interview in batch 1 or any more interviews called?

I was told historic transfers will still be let from a list and then mobility and panel.
        but not offically. im not sure how it works. seems silly to give people an oom for clare and no sign of a job off this panel.

like kerry above im hoping hear about first clare person from this panel placed but they have called alot for interview in kerry and not many to clare.

i didnt choose galway but that seems slow too and a bigger place than tipp/kerry is that cause people want to transfer.

sally

Sally I worked in Clare as a TCO for 3 years, very rarely do they take permanent staff on in Revenue or Social Welfare as they fill these positions with transfers from limerick . The only place that I have heard of from the last panel 2016 of someone getting a position was in the Car tax place in Shannon

sally

Clare was my first choice and Limerick my second yet I was only called for interview for Limerick as scores transfer over. So even though there may not have been many interviewed specifically for Clare you need to take into account the people who weren’t interviewed for Clare but still have Clare as first or second choice and so are in the running along with those (if any) whohave been interviewedspecifically for Clare.

I’m top 5 in Clare but I’m lower down for Limerick and yet I have been assigned a position in Limerick even though I’m 10 places lower down the list than I am for Clare.

I was advised not to wait for Clare and if I was offered Limerick to just take it...about 1/4 of the amount of people were placed for Clare compared to Limerick for 2016 panel (at least that’s what I’ve read)

The applications for TCO is just out as well ...this normally doesn't come out until end jan/feb....

There must be a lot of vacancies coming up overall around the country....that they're starting this early ...I know it doesn't effect those on the 2018 permanent panel....... but at the same time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

Just wondering if anyone, from experience, can advise which is a better sector to workin, Civil Service - Clerical Officer or HSE - Clerical Officer? I have applied for both and have an interview next week for the HSE campaign and haven't heard regarding stage 2 yet for the civil service DEPR! I'm just wondering if, in an ideal world, I was offered a job in both sectors, which would be a better job to take in terms of pay etc?

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone, from experience, can advise which is a better sector to workin, Civil Service - Clerical Officer or HSE - Clerical Officer? I have applied for both and have an interview next week for the HSE campaign and haven't heard regarding stage 2 yet for the civil service DEPR! I'm just wondering if, in an ideal world, I was offered a job in both sectors, which would be a better job to take in terms of pay etc?

With public sector I can only assume it's the same pay scales....

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭claregal1

With public sector I can only assume it's the same pay scales....

its not , pay is slightly higher with Civil Service but more holidays with HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jimjammy10

Just rang and the girl from PAS said no jobs have come up in the Donegal region yet

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

What e mail are people using to contact PAS? Sent one to clearance last week and heard nothing back.

What e mail are people using to contact PAS? Sent one to clearance last week and heard nothing back.

clerical2018@publicjobs.ie
        If you want to talk to clearance just call PAS and ask for Clearance Dept. and they will put you through 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Islandgirl3378

I’m in permanent admin work for the last 3 years in NI, would it be worth giving it up to go TCO then try for the permanent next time? Currently 250+ OOM for Donegal on 2018 campaign.

Your better off calling them. You'd be waiting a week by email

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

I’m in permanent admin work for the last 3 years in NI, would it be worth giving it up to go TCO then try for the permanent next time? Currently 250+ OOM for Donegal on 2018 campaign.

They're not really connected, however no harm going for the TCO, you don't know a very long contract might come up, it's all luck really. You might only get 2 or 3 months, but sometimes they're extended. It's hard to give up a permanent job for those kind of contracts. Personally I think TCO exoerience does count, as it might bring you up the 2020 panel, but you'd still have to do a great online assessment questionaire and supervised test and obvious interview. However i have read here a few people saying that they're TCO meant Jack Swat. My Advice is apply for TCO and see what comes out of it. Obviously Term Time cover is no good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

To be honest most TCO contracts are 8 to 10 weeks with the very odd 6 month contract to cover maternal leave here or there. It wouldnt be worth giving up a permanent job for a short TCO contract.

In saying that, it might be worth applying for the TCO competition just see what they eventually offer you. If its only a 10 weeks contract you could always turn it down.

It would also give you a trial run at the assessment questionaire as its basically the same as the permanent CO. In the new 2019 TCO will be a competition interview which i would hope will more closely resemble the permanent CO interview.

I do know a person who took 10/12 weeks unpaid leave from there current job to take up a TCO contract and went back after. They are now waiting to be called to interview in the CO 2018. If that was an option in your case, it might worth considering.

• Advertisement
      • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

To be honest most TCO contracts are 8 to 10 weeks with the very odd 6 month contract to cover maternal leave here or there. It wouldnt be worth giving up a permanent job for a short TCO contract.

In saying that, it might be worth applying for the TCO competition just see what they eventually offer you. If its only a 10 weeks contract you could always turn it down.

It would also give you a trial run at the assessment questionaire as its basically the same as the permanent CO. In the new 2019 TCO will be a competition interview which i would hope will more closely resemble the permanent CO interview.

I do know a person who took 10/12 weeks unpaid leave from there current job to take up a TCO contract and went back after. They are now waiting to be called to interview in the CO 2018. If that was an option in your case, it might worth considering.

We had a tco in my last dept. Hes there 18 months at least!

Advertisement