Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

SB1982 wrote: »
    I am too 15

Thanks a million. I don't have too long a wait so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cunla

Got placed 4 for Limerick after interview (Second Choice)

Still waiting on final oom for Kerry - was placed mid- 40's after stage 1

Probably end up taking Limerick

That's a v good OOM for Limerick. Have you been offered a post?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jo_5cav

I rang PAS last friday with regards to Mayo panel and was told there was no applications received for clearance for either Mayo/Galway, they said it would be more than likely after Xmas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I got a second phone call with an offer to defer my placement as it's 80kms from home. So I took that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 WillieHyena

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I got a second phone call with an offer to defer my placement as it's 80kms from home. So I took that option.

As in hold off to see if your other region comes up ??

p.s Is it true that 50 % of vacancies are allocated to staff transferring in from other counties ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

p.s Is it true that 50 % of vacancies are allocated to staff transferring in from other counties ??

Not sure, but a lot of current clerical officers apply for the open competition, as it can be quicker than waiting for a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Not sure, but a lot of current clerical officers apply for the open competition, as it can be quicker than waiting for a transfer.

It's true, it's a 50-50 split between current clerical officers wanting a transfer and the open panel

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Yes, there is a new mobility scheme in place now which means the 50% of the positions are filled from existing civil servants and 50% new candidates.

Didn't think that permanent staff could apply again ...interesting though all the same :confused:

does that mean you are no longer eligible for Tipp panel or will they just call you in a few days with something closer to home?

• Advertisement

Yes, there is a new mobility scheme in place now which means the 50% of the positions are filled from existing civil servants and 50% new candidates.

In that case i'd be inclined to take the first offer I got....

It's just a shame that you can't find out what the actual amount of vacancies for each county is ??......especially with the new 50:50 split :(:(

In that case i'd be inclined to take the first offer I got....

It's just a shame that you can't find out what the actual amount of vacancies for each county is ??......especially with the new 50:50 split :(:(

This tells you all about it...
    https://hr.per.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/Clerical-Officer-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf

Thanks appreciate that

does that mean you are no longer eligible for Tipp panel or will they just call you in a few days with something closer to home?

The guy said that cos I'm more than 45kms away I could defer till something closer came up.

The guy said that cos I'm more than 45kms away I could defer till something closer came up.

Aw that’s grand...you could just be waiting a couple of days 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭stinkbomb

Does anyone have a rough idea of the take home pay for the CO role?

Aw that’s grand...you could just be waiting a couple of days 😊

Gosh I hope so. I have visions of a long wait.

stinkbomb wrote: »

After tax approx 690 a fortnight starting off

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Can i ask where was initial placement? As in where in Tipp?

After tax approx 690 a fortnight starting off

It’s 23338 per annum which would be €1705 net per month which would be €420 per week after tax or slightly less as most months have more than 28 days.

• Advertisement

Can i ask where was initial placement? As in where in Tipp?

Nenagh

It’s 23338 per annum which would be €1705 net per month which would be €420 per week after tax or slightly less as most months have more than 28 days.

Im on point 2 now but when I started I was getting about 690 a fortnight after all the deductions, tax, pension etc

Im on point 2 now but when I started I was getting about 690 a fortnight after all the deductions, tax, pension etc

Oh right there was an increase in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

stinkbomb wrote: »

I was getting 401 a week after tax when I started and that was early last year, there has been a couple of small pay increases since then

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jam1234

Anyone got offer for Cork yet? And if you did what number were you on panel. I got number 11 after my interview and just wondering how things are moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Think you skip point 4 on the scale and jump to 5

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

When their marking the tests - say for example the checking test, there is 46 questions and you manage to answer 36 of them and 26 of those answers are correct.

Is it marked 26/36 or 26/46?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

When their marking the tests - say for example the checking test, there is 46 questions and you manage to answer 36 of them and 26 of those answers are correct.

Is it marked 26/36 or 26/46?

I think its 26/36 however there is still a minimum score of say for example 26 correct answers.

In that situation, you passed. If the minimum was 27, you would have failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Hi does anyone have any interview tips have interview next week.Any unusual questions apart from the compensies.All help greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nynaeve

Hi does anyone have any interview tips have interview next week.Any unusual questions apart from the compensies.All help greatly appreciated

Have the competencies really well prepared, at least 2 examples for each. Be able to explain any gaps in your employment, all the way since your leaving cert. Know how to send a group email!

Most of all, be concise in your answers. There isn't much time (though it feels like ages when you're in there), be able to make your point without waffling!

Good luck, it's not nearly as scary as it feels right now!

Advertisement