Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

I received a message today Inviting me to book a date for stage 2 tests. Anyone know how I book them. It's my first time being invited to a supervised test.

I can't find the my bookings icon. Where exactly is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 WillieHyena

tones67 wrote: »
    Anyone else get offer for Limerick? Is there any movement at all in Clare?

Got placed 4 for Limerick after interview (Second Choice)

Still waiting on final oom for Kerry - was placed mid- 40's after stage 1

Probably end up taking Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    I received a message today Inviting me to book a date for stage 2 tests. Anyone know how I book them. It's my first time being invited to a supervised test.

I can't find the my bookings icon. Where exactly is it.

The my bookings section, it’s under the my messages heading.

There is instructions how to book at the end of the email they sent you.

The my bookings section, it’s under the my messages heading.

There is instructions how to book at the end of the email they sent you.

Thanks for that . I am aware of that instructions but I clicked on my messages and don't see my bookings section.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

Thanks for that . I am aware of that instructions but I clicked on my messages and don't see my bookings section.

My Bookings is directly above My Messages on the left hand side of the screen.

• Advertisement

claregal1 wrote: »
    Batch 2 for Limerick have been called for supervised testing for anyone interested. Also anyone who has sat these tests for 2018 do you know what aptitude group they are using ..eflex or think the other one is sphl maybe ?

The tests are the exact same format as the practice tests on publicjobs.ie I don’t know what company they use though.

Best of luck!

336699 wrote: »

thanks for that but I only see my personal details icon then my applications followed by my messages.

There is no my bookings Icon. I have used the site many times and I have never seen it.

I don't see my bookings there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Testing for batch 2 in cork also called, anyone know the highest number called?

I know someone who’s in the 400s got called.

I don't see my bookings there?

That’s strange!

Have you tried logging out and logging back in or maybe log into publicjobs on a different browser?

If My Bookings still doesn’t appear just email PAS, they are very helpful.

• Advertisement

That’s strange!

Have you tried logging out and logging back in or maybe log into publicjobs on a different browser?

If My Bookings still doesn’t appear just email PAS, they are very helpful.

Did everything and still not there. I have emailed them. Hopefully they reply early Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭claregal1

The tests are the exact same format as the practice tests on publicjobs.ie I don’t know what company they use though.

Best of luck!

Great thanks for that !

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

Got email inviting to supervised test for batch 2 ... Dunno what to expect!! How long does it take? Any info appreciated TIA

Got email inviting to supervised test for batch 2 ... Dunno what to expect!! How long does it take? Any info appreciated TIA

It says on the information booklet we got that it will be 2.5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

Thanks 👠the link won't open for me

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Anywone from Wicklow panel here? Wondering if any movement happening on Wicklow/Wexford panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Definitely wont be 2.5 hours. Even if you add the length of time it takes for the process of registering to the time you get to leave is no where near 2.5 hours. I was in batch one in August and I thought test itself was less than an hour. Also just beware that this supervised test was away harder than previous campaigns and example tests, with alot of surprises. The verbal passages were very long and that can easily throw you. Also numerical was a nighmare but no matter what just have a guess if you haven't a clue, there is no negative marking. I would have failed, i did loads of prep, I bought courses etc but was totally floored on the day. However i got the easy and ok ones probably right, but the rest were totally the result of guessing. I was livid coming out of the supervised tests, I got such a hop. Nearly keeled over in shock when I got the email saying I passed. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Make sure you read the booklet and bring your invitation and ID with you. Arrive a little bit early. They check everything and bring everyone upstairs together to a designated computer. It won’t take the full 2.5 hours...my group was out much sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

lamb stew wrote: »
    Definitely wont be 2.5 hours. Even if you add the length of time it takes for the process of registering to the time you get to leave is no where near 2.5 hours. I was in batch one in August and I thought test itself was less than an hour. Also just beware that this supervised test was away harder than previous campaigns and example tests, with alot of surprises. The verbal passages were very long and that can easily throw you. Also numerical was a nighmare but no matter what just have a guess if you haven't a clue, there is no negative marking. I would have failed, i did loads of prep, I bought courses etc but was totally floored on the day. However i got the easy and ok ones probably right, but the rest were totally the result of guessing. I was livid coming out of the supervised tests, I got such a hop. Nearly keeled over in shock when I got the email saying I passed. Good Luck.

+1 on the difficulty with the numerical. I was utterly convinced I had failed
    Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Samsgirl wrote: »
    +1 on the difficulty with the numerical. I was utterly convinced I had failed
    Best of luck to all

This is a competitive campaign.

The interviews are no longer pass/fail either, everyone is being put through their paces. I know it’s a method of whittling down the numbers, but it is only the entry grade to the civil service at the end of the day.

Wouldn’t like to be applying for higher grades!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Carlisle2211

What’s status on Donegal interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

This is a competitive campaign.

The interviews are no longer pass/fail either, everyone is being put through their paces. I know it’s a method of whittling down the numbers, but it is only the entry grade to the civil service at the end of the day.

Wouldn’t like to be applying for higher grades!

They seem to have overhauled the process for this campaign anyhow. I did stage two in the 2014 campaign and it was much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

mariemclt wrote: »
    Hi
    Just in relation to references.

After you have completed your Garda Vetting via the link you will then be requested to notify them of your references.

You will have to email PAS with consent to contacting them first. Advising them of their name, job title, phone number and email address. Im unsure if they accept written references.

Just to clarify this is how I was asked to do it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.
    How many references do they ask for? Do they ask for one from each previous employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mariemclt

Thanks for the info.
    How many references do they ask for? Do they ask for one from each previous employer?

I was just asked for one from current employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

Hi just a quick question please. I know this has been discussed before but I can't find it now. How long did the supervised aptitude test in Dublin take to complete and is it timed? Thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

Hi just a quick question please. I know this has been discussed before but I can't find it now. How long did the supervised aptitude test in Dublin take to complete and is it timed? Thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Just in relation to the supervised tests a few of my friends failed on the Verbal Reasoning and passed the Numerical.Verbal is a lot more tricky than the practise ones.Best of luck to all doing the supervised tests my advice don't panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

This competition really is moving a lot faster than the 2016 one: example Cork:

I was in the 600s in the last completion didn’t get called to stage 2 till June 2018.

This year people in the 400s have been called to sit stage 2 next month.

Some difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Each of the segments of the test are given a specific amount of time. They say the tests take 2.5 hours but they finish much quicker than that.

They give you a practise one for each test before you do the actual test. If you have time left during any of them use that time to go back over your answers (chances are time will run out before or just as you finish). If you don’t know the answer to something don’t dwell on it just give a best guess as your time will run out otherwise. They’ll give you a sheet of paper and a calculator to do rough work for the numerical. Also do some preparation...it’s very obvious to the examiners there who has prepared and who hasn’t.

• Advertisement

lamb stew wrote: »

Is it the same format as the practice ones that they sent us ? Just did the verbal there and got 22 right , found that easy enough . It's the numerical that gets me every time though so not really confident with that one ...Thanks for that info though!

Advertisement