Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transsexual Prisoners

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'm sure the parents of the girls he killed would like it if their daughters sill identified as alive. Fuck him and what he identifies as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

What the hell is up with Twitter?

Deadnaming?

What a world.

It's just a word. If you changed your name and some people insisted on calling you by your previous name, you probably wouldn't be too happy about it. Way easier to be nice and call people whatever they want to be called, even if that means having to compromise on the old "I'm oh-so rational, everything must be debated" stuff.

As for Huntley, probably best to let the psychiatrists decide, just as they did when he claimed he was insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

What happened to him. Why is he so angry all of the time?

Feminism. It seems to make all it's proponents angry all the time. It's hard to believe this is the same guy that created Father Ted - I doubt he could bring himself to create it today.
    His twitter account is pretty scary. Guy seems to spend an unhealthy amount of time having nasty arguments online.

I mean he must be 50 something years of age at this stage.

He gives the impression of someone deeply unhappy, and filled with hatred and rage. Apparently he used to be fairly normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

Linehan is getting very cross with everyone. There could be a dramatic account closure on the cards.

No loss, but it's nice to know that it sticks in the craw of even that pompous windbag to see like likes of Huntley described as 'stunning and brave'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Linehan seems to be completely loosing his cool on twitter. Getting himself very annoyed. While I'm a Father Ted fan (who isn't) can't say I know enough about either to have a side already picked. Both seem childish on twitter bickering.

I will say from what I saw Graham he seems to be acting like a right knob. What was the original tweet? He seems to have started a big debate about Trans awareness and then copped out by tagging some female friends and saying "let's leave it to the women to discuss".

Then any man who joins in he is shutting down, not their point of view or argument but the fact that they should not have a say. I don't see the prison connection but didn't scroll down far enough. Can someone help me out?

Anyway I detest the idea people have that someone can't be part of a debate or discussion unless they are a member of the group being discussed. If that's the case we should have banned straight people from any contribution to the same-sex marriage referendum. Men should have gone into hiding during the 8th amendment too. And we should all keep our mouths shut regards to Brexit and Trump, leave that to the British and Americans to discuss.

It's such a closed off ridiculous view, something I wouldn't have expected from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's just a word. If you changed your name and some people insisted on calling you by your previous name, you probably wouldn't be too happy about it. Way easier to be nice and call people whatever they want to be called, even if that means having to compromise on the old "I'm oh-so rational, everything must be debated" stuff.

As for Huntley, probably best to let the psychiatrists decide, just as they did when he claimed he was insane.

Yes but I wouldn't try and deny or hide the fact that I was once called something different.

I'll call anyone what they want but trying to erase and rewrite history is just plain ridiculous in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Jaysus, looks like my mates wife :eek:

I always had my doubts!

your mates wife has an adams apple? Maybe you should tell him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

so brave. to hell with the haters ian, you be you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Nermal wrote: »
    Pleasing to watch the left eat itself.

What will it take to deflect the left back to getting plain rights for honest workers? Because until then they have no hope of my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

topper75 wrote: »
    What will it take to deflect the left back to getting plain rights for honest workers? Because until then they have no hope of my vote.

Lads like Tony Benn and Tony Gregory must be turning in the grave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Welcome to the new world, where men* who want to be moved into a place where they can abuse women is a socially progressive cause, and if you speak out against this out of concern for women...you are being repressive and hateful.

"Human rights" ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Wait, what? How did she end up in prison in Ireland or were you a prison officer elsewhere? Either way what did she do to land in the clink?

There was a European arrest warrant out, that’s all I knew at the time. Not sure what the charges were.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,057 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ian Huntley should have no rights of any description.
    He should stay strapped to a board till he dies - I couldn't give a rats arse what he self identifies as, I identify "it" as a worthless piece of shít.

He can identify as he so chooses - no court created by humans can take that away from him even if they wanted to .

HMP has no responsibilty to go along with it.

Short answer? No, Miss Huntley, we're not moving you now get the **** back in your cell.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

conorhal wrote: »
    No loss, but it's nice to know that it sticks in the craw of even that pompous windbag to see like likes of Huntley described as 'stunning and brave'.

Which pompous windbag? I don't have a Twitter account and can't see which one is supporting and which one is against.

Is Linehan saying Huntly should be allowed to be treated as a woman or is it Jones who's saying that?

Like the majority of posters here, I find it absolutely disgusting that we should even be discussing human rights for Huntly (despite me being very much in the left-wing camp).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

This is hilarious. If he is identifying as a woman now, then unfortunately he must be housed with women prisoners. Just like any random bloke on the street who one day decides he's a woman has the right to do so without judgement from the PC brigade in Ireland.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Which pompous windbag? I don't have a Twitter account and can't see which one is supporting and which one is against.

Is Linehan saying Huntly should be allowed to be treated as a woman or is it Jones who's saying that?

Linehan saying he shouldn't be allowed. Jones has quite said that he should be, but he has criticised Linehan for his stance on trans (may not be fully aware of this issue mind as he hasn't referenced it directly).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Like the majority of posters here, I find it absolutely disgusting that we should even be discussing human rights for Huntly (despite me being very much in the left-wing camp).

Now correct me if I'm wrong as I am struggling to see where it all started, Linehan is tweeting away like mad, but it seems Linehan is against Huntley identifying as a woman.

He however has got his 2 pence out there, then copped out by tagging female friends saying it should only be discussed by women and any male poster who responds to him he makes some remark about their view not counting as it should be left for women, despite the fact that he got out his opinion.

Jones seemed to have gotten involved with his opinion contrasting Linehans to which Linehan went at him saying he's the "prince of men who tell women who is a woman or not" which again seems odd as he was doing the same thing really just on the other side of the argument.

All in all I don't care for the debate that much to have a strong opinion but Linehan is acting like a knob and a hypocrite here in my eyes. You can see it's getting to him from the angry tweets he's posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I find it astonishing there are people out there that seem to believe no matter what anyone does, no matter how many lives you take or negatively effect, no matter how many others human rights you infringe upon, that prisoner's human rights can never be infringed on.

Screw that, you mess up enough lives, or even just some badly enough, I've no problems with 'the system' taking away your human rights. Start behaving like a human and you can have them back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Linehan is getting very cross with everyone. There could be a dramatic account closure on the cards.

Whenever he deviates from left orthodoxy he gets piled on.

Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

They are scum whatever they want to identify as i hope they rot in their cells surrounded by faeces and piss for the rest of their lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Owen Jones is a hateful little bitch with absolutely zero tolerance of any opinion that differs from his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

wexie wrote: »
    your mates wife has an adams apple? Maybe you should tell him

She could have a mickey too - he'd know better than me;)

I'm not joking though - she's a bloody ringer for that German tranny!

Mutant z wrote: »
    They are scum whatever they want to identify as i hope they rot in their cells surrounded by faeces and piss for the rest of their lives.

That's a bit harsh - I mean, I don't like the actions any more than you do, but they have a right to say to say what they want on their own Twitter accounts...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

She could have a mickey too - he'd know better than me;)

I'm not joking though - she's a bloody ringer for that German tranny!

Uh oh, mind yourself around these parts for saying tranny.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm confused - are we outraged because Ian Huntley wants to be called Loretta, or because Graham Linehan is outraged?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'm confused - are we outraged because Ian Huntley wants to be called Loretta, or because Graham Linehan is outraged?

Outraged by huntley, amused by linehan being savaged by his own pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Gravelly wrote: »
    Outraged by huntley, amused by linehan being savaged by his own pets.

Lord and master, hear me crying! -
    Ah, he comes excited.
    Sir, my need is sore.
    Spirits that I've cited
    My commands ignore.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

The reason why a lot of these despised criminals are claiming to be trans is because life is easier in a female prison for them.

Huntley is far from the only one.

If they don't like the prison, then they shouldn't have done the crimes they are banged up for. They shouldn't get moved. Most of those claiming to self identify are serving convictions for violent crimes - usually towards women.

Putting someone who's serving a sentence for rape into a woman's prison because he dons a wig and has decided to be called Loretta is like putting a fox into a hen house. Female prisoners have the right to safety while serving their sentences.

By the way, Huntley wanted to change his name to the same name as the mother of one of his victims. That tells you what kind of a person he is. He's just doing it to get attention just like Ian Brady back in the day toyed with authorities and grieving parents for entertainment value during his incarceration. Huntley is no more trans than I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Omackeral wrote: »
    Before this descends into poisonous bile, let me share a somehat relevant and kinda weird story with y'all.

My very first week as a young prison officer I had to deal with inmates on protection such as vunerable and at risk prisoners. This was in a male prison. One of the very first inmates I met was trans. It was a surreal thing to deal with on my first week. He/She was 6 foot, shaped like a Fanta bottle and was driving all the other inmates mad with confusion and whatever else that they had to house her elsewhere. It gets weirder. I was there supervising them all getting their supper and she walks up, all hips and all, to collect her food. Looks at me and asks ''hey sweetie, what are we having?''. I'm all nervous and such and say ''em, it's just a pie and some peas''. She retorts ''I hope it's a sweet pie like you!''. So surreal.

And yet, that's not the end of it. She was apparently on the German version of Big Brother back in the early 2000's ha ha. I'll see if I can can find her.

Ha here, she is.

Big Brother Germany profile

Maxine2.jpg

Is that not you Omackeral ?

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »

Neither, you're supposed to be outraged by the neo-liberal bleeding-heart pinko-hippy apologist left, and against any form of self-expression that goes against the norm in an country allegedly open to free expression, but you know yourself - the moment someone mentions a convicted pedophile, the thread will instantly be about that pedophile and graphic cartoon-like depictions of what should be done with them.

Advertisement