Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options
1434445464749»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No, as Retro says, the rest of the game is pretty linear in terms of the rest of the areas being connected and following on from each other. Getting the different items for different endings can be a bit confusing and some of the requirements, I don't know how anyone ever figured out without a guide, but it's also not a requirement anyway as most of the endings lead to the same final boss. Getting the best ending can involve a lot of eavesdropping on NPCs multiple times, resetting the area and talking to them again, eavesdropping again etc. It's quite strange.

Hirata Estate though is one area that's separated from the rest and accessed differently, so it's easily missed. Never be afraid to check a guide for where to go next though if you do get stuck, or if you want the best ending (which usually involves seeing more of the game, going through areas with new enemies etc). Ultimately the joy of the game is the combat. No matter how much you spoil the game by seeing where to go, the combat and boss fights are what matters most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭McFly85

Generally in From games any sort of side quest can be fairly obtuse but there’s a principal around them all about player cooperation - you’re not really expected to figure everything out purely based on what the game says but also around discussion with fellow players.

Also you’re definitely at the part where the whole game is going to feel a bit overwhelming but if you put some time into it I think it’s definitely worth it. Once it clicks, the combat system is one of the greatest in gaming and produced some of the most memorable fights ever.

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Making slow, but steady progress on this now. Have killed a few bosses, but still feel like I'm relying on a lot of luck! And guides, keep having to read up what to do, there's absolutely no way I would figure some of the stuff out naturally.

The combat really doesn't want you to ever button-smash, feels like you need to time everything you do. Hits, blocks, dodges etc.

I like the mixture of stealth and combat, unlike most games you really cannot just wade into a group of enemies and take them out, you're going to die, so you have to figure out how to best kill them off 1 by 1.

I did that for the mini boss in Hirata, go in, stealth kill 1, then run away and de-aggro. Rinse and repeat. But it felt a bit like a cheese, not sure if this is how the game is supposed to be played.

It's fun though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

If anyone tells you they didn't cheese in some way in their first playthrough then they are a filthy liar! Literally every boss in the game is cheesing YOU.

My personal (and likely unpopular) opinion of the game is that it is closer to games like guitar hero than a souls game i.e. button press timing and rhythm essential!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep you're just going to be playing the game totally wrong until you get to that skill check boss and they will school you on how to play the game properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't think pulling minor enemies away and taking them out one-by-one counts as a cheese. It's pretty much a necessity. There will absolutely be bosses where you have no way to gain an advantage other than just stand and fight, but thinning herds through stealth so you can at least get one deathblow on a boss and face them one-on-one.... Well that's just good Sekiro-ing!

And like Markus said above, the combat can be closer to a rhythm game than an action game. Particularly boss fights, which become a back-and-forth exchange, a delicate dance.... That constant clashing of steel is better than any soundtrack the game could play in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This thread has reminded me that I must go back to this game, killed that bull and then kind of forgot about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Got all the endings now. Class game. Except the headless bosses. They can feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭McFly85

By far and away the worst part of that game. A literal slog getting those down, I have no problem admitting that once was enough and every play through since they have been skipped!

Advertisement