Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,845 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Penn wrote: »
    If I remember right, in the room with the samurai guys you can zip up into the roof space and then drop down into the other room. Can't remember it being locked but maybe you get the key off one of the guys inside and can open it after.

Yeah you need to get up into the roof.

You're almost at genchiro. That's when **** gets real.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

No, that's correct on some enemies, particularly bosses/mini-bosses. You're still building up their posture bar (greater than a deflect would) even though you're not getting a hit in, so you're still working to open them up for the deathblow.

Ah cool okay thanks man, will head back to that pagoda

• Registered Users Posts: 33,269 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah cool okay thanks man, will head back to that pagoda

Yeah Seven Spears wrecked me repeatedly. Such satisfaction after finally beating him....

Ah cheers lads, found the hole in the roof, currently being made minced meat of by ashina elite.

One thing I've done though is swap l3 and r3 buttons, I kept crouching in the middle of fights, very annoying.
    Nope, now i keep losing lock on. Not sure why i keep clicking it, battles too intense maybe :)

Ah, you can hammer multiple deflects in one move, I was wondering why ashina elite kept daming me through my deflect, the fast bastard. Goddamn this combat is class. Now, onto the man himself, Genichiro.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,845 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah, you can hammer multiple deflects in one move, I was wondering why ashina elite kept daming me through my deflect, the fast bastard. Goddamn this combat is class. Now, onto the man himself, Genichiro.

Yeah, once you get used to it you will actaully want to see those flurries as you can ramp up posture damage.

Good luck with Genchiro, he is definitely doable and it's an awesome fight. Once you beat him you should be well set to take out any other boss. Not that they will be easy but you will face them knowing you can take them down.

Thats the exact lesson Ashnia Elite is trying to teach you, you'll need it for Genichiro :D. Enjoy!

I almost have his number, can get his first orb down handy enough, his damn bow attacks, especially the quick ones in succession seem to get me, other than that, i have his attacks down. For dying like 15 times in a row, I'm enjoying this fight so much, actually like a rhythm game like ye say.

Gonna crack back into it tonight but victory will be mine before i sleep.

I almost have his number, can get his first orb down handy enough, his damn bow attacks, especially the quick ones in succession seem to get me, other than that, i have his attacks down. For dying like 15 times in a row, I'm enjoying this fight so much, actually like a rhythm game like ye say.

Gonna crack back into it tonight but victory will be mine before i sleep.

Definitely one of the best things in Sekiro compared to other FS games is you usually don't have far to go to get back to the boss, which means it's far easier to keep plugging away at the boss without it feeling like an ordeal.

Definitely one of the best things in Sekiro compared to other FS games is you usually don't have far to go to get back to the boss, which means it's far easier to keep plugging away at the boss without it feeling like an ordeal.

I was thinking "if i have to jump out this window once more..." But then remembered the souls games bosses. Gg FS.

• Advertisement

I was thinking "if i have to jump out this window once more..." But then remembered the souls games bosses. Gg FS.

:D Even the shortcuts to the bosses in Demon's Souls are longer than most of the distances between idols in Sekiro

Didn't get to play the last couple of nights, finally got back to Genichro tonight. Fuuuuuuuuuck right ooooooooooffffff
    after another 15 or so fights, i finally beat him to find he has a lightning phase. Did ok until he one shot me with lightning. I was up of off the couch and all thinking I'd gotten him.

Completely sucked the energy out of me.

Didn't get to play the last couple of nights, finally got back to Genichro tonight. Fuuuuuuuuuck right ooooooooooffffff
    after another 15 or so fights, i finally beat him to find he has a lightning phase. Did ok until he one shot me with lightning. I was up of off the couch and all thinking I'd gotten him.

Completely sucked the energy out of me.

It's a kick in the teeth alright, but that phase is actually surprisingly short.
    When he goes to throw the lightning, jump in the air, the lightning only affects you when you're on the ground. If you're hit by the lightning in the air, press R1 to throw it back at him before you land. Does huge damage to both his health and posture and stuns him for a few hits. The timing of the jump can take a little bit of practice. Try jumping backwards so you're not too close to him, gives you a bit more time. I think there's a scroll behind where the Ashina Elite was. Once you pick it up I think you can practice it with the undead guy at the temple.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,116 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The problem with the second phase is that it depends on a move you don’t really have a proper chance to practice. And then you barely have to use again at all. It’s easy enough once you get it, but it does seem a tad bolted* on compared to how essential the rest of the move set is.

*pun absolutely intended

I'm destroying him now on orb 1, mostly int orb 2 and making it the 2nd phase with my 2nd life intact but i become a mess. Instead of full on counter, attack, counter ,attack, I'm running away and trying to use items and any move he does has me jumping into the air, like I'm a different fighter compared to the one that just wrecked him. The few cans couldn't be helping i suppose.

Went back to training guy and he doesn't have the lightning move. Gonna call it a night, retry with fresher eyes. Even though I'm still on him, felt like i accomplished a hell of a lot tonight incredibly rewarding combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

I'm destroying him now on orb 1, mostly int orb 2 and making it the 2nd phase with my 2nd life intact but i become a mess. Instead of full on counter, attack, counter ,attack, I'm running away and trying to use items and any move he does has me jumping into the air, like I'm a different fighter compared to the one that just wrecked him. The few cans couldn't be helping i suppose.

Went back to training guy and he doesn't have the lightning move. Gonna call it a night, retry with fresher eyes. Even though I'm still on him, felt like i accomplished a hell of a lot tonight incredibly rewarding combat.
    You're almost there. I found the second phase a lot easier. I just kept in his face, attack, deflect, jump lighting and attack. I was exactly the same, thought I was over after the second deathblow.

You want to actually be jumping into him or at least staying close for the lightning attack. If you are too far away and pull it off you won't take damage but you also will miss him.

The lightning reversal is actually really easy one you can read the attack. You jump into the air get hit by it and just press attack before you land. The timing wind is huge and you deal insane posture and health damage with it and stun them for extra hits.

The big issue is the panic, you need to overcome that. It's pretty easy. Jump when you see it. Once you are in the air you are effectively invincible, the blade can't got you either, and if you press attack before you hit the ground you are sound out. Even mashing works.

Take your time with the third for. And don't panic. He loses posture way easier than the previous two phases and if he gets hit by one lightning reversal he is utterly screwed. When you do finish it it will be a very short fight.

Made some good progress a last few days. Terror is such a bitch in this game. Without ruining it and spoiling it for Zero all I will say D'oi of the water you whore and Guardian Ape you pos.

Thanks lads, tried a few more times, no problem getting to the lightning phase but he wrecks me with non lightning red moves as I'm jumping into them, pure panic, as ye say. I definitely hit a point of diminishing return though. Until we meet again Geni boy...

Take a break and try tomorrow. You'll get him then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I never got the hang of the jump reflect lightning mechanic, i just dodged in behind him when he done it, you can avoid it that way, less cool to pull off but more reliable. :)

nix wrote: »
    I never got the hang of the jump reflect lightning mechanic, i just dodged in behind him when he done it, you can avoid it that way, less cool to pull off but more reliable. :)

Yeah I never really got the hang of it until a much later fight. Beating Genichiro with it was more button-mashing panic and luck the first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

He pissed me off so much with that lightning. Decided to be super aggressive instead, posture bar goes up a lot quicker. Attacked more than I dodged which got him for me.

Tempted to play it again!

I'm so happy....so so happy :D

Some rookie mistakes in the fight but still managed to take him out in under 4 minutes, didn't even have to use my 2nd life. Watching it back, it's like a beautiful dance, what an epic boss fight. Nothing can stop me now!!!*

*I'm sure something will definitely stop me in the next area I visit.

Oh don't worry, plenty of nasty boss fights to come. But you should have good foundations to beat them now.

Just be aware if you want the most content there's a true ending to go for that might be worth looking up how to get. There's also a bad endign as well which ends the game early but you get two unique and pretty great boss fights but that's worth doing on new game plus when you will completely dominate the game :)

I'm so happy....so so happy :D

Some rookie mistakes in the fight but still managed to take him out in under 4 minutes, didn't even have to use my 2nd life. Watching it back, it's like a beautiful dance, what an epic boss fight. Nothing can stop me now!!!*

*I'm sure something will definitely stop me in the next area I visit.

That's some mighty fine Sekiro-ing!

I'm really struggling with Owl. Damn, this is one tough fight.

Edit: I just beat him.

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »
    I'm really struggling with Owl. Damn, this is one tough fight.

Edit: I just beat him.

He's a nimble f*cker.

Oh wonder why they call it Gun Fort?? hhmmm snake eyes looks handy.....long arm centipede giraffe, okay then, fml.

• Advertisement

long arm centipede giraffe, okay then, fml.

He is super easy. He attacks with a flurry attack all the time. Just wait for that. 1,2,3,4...1,2,3,4...1,2,3. Or just hammer deflect. You'll get a deathblow in seconds.

Advertisement