Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018-2019 Champions Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Which games are FTA this weekend.?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Which games are FTA this weekend.?

Bath v Toulouse is on c4 at 1pm saturday. Jamie Heaslip is co commentating. Virgin are showing it too on fta.

C4 have a preview show with highlights of Leinster Wasps on Saturday morning at 10.30 - 11.30.

TV3′s Champions Cup fixtures:
    13 October: Bath v Toulouse
    20 October: Munster v Gloucester
    8 December: Exeter Chiefs v Gloucester
    15 December: Cardiff Blues v Saracens
    12 January: Leinster v Toulouse
    19 January: TBC – Munster v Exeter Chiefs/Castres v Gloucester/Saracens v Glasgow Warriors
    30 March: Quarter-final
    20 April: Semi-final
    11 May: Final

https://www.epcrugby.com/2018/10/11/where-can-i-watch-the-heineken-champions-cup/

Bath v Toulouse is on c4 at 1pm saturday. Jamie Heaslip is co commentating. Virgin are showing it too on fta.

C4 have a preview show with highlights of Leinster Wasps on Saturday morning at 10.30 - 11.30.

TV3′s Champions Cup fixtures:
    13 October: Bath v Toulouse
    20 October: Munster v Gloucester
    8 December: Exeter Chiefs v Gloucester
    15 December: Cardiff Blues v Saracens
    12 January: Leinster v Toulouse
    19 January: TBC – Munster v Exeter Chiefs/Castres v Gloucester/Saracens v Glasgow Warriors
    30 March: Quarter-final
    20 April: Semi-final
    11 May: Final

Thanks for this

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Virgin One and C4 will be showing exactly the same games. So if you’re a fan of Tolouse or Gloucester, they’ve quite a treat for you! Less if you’re an Ulster fan, with no FTA game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Buer wrote: »
    I can only imagine that was the interpretation of it although I'm not convinced. His movement appears somewhat more aggressive than looking to get a foot placement, to my eyes. He was acting the maggot throughout. Ludlow was the guy who pinned Hughes on the ground too, resulting in the punch later on.

I think he's fortunate to be given the benefit of the doubt and allowed any mitigation, to be honest. It was reckless in the extreme.

He was a aggressive, but at no point (in that GIF, must be stated, this is all I'm going on) do I get the sense he made a specific attempt to stamp on the guy below him, who was arguably on his side of the ruck anyway.

Side note, but I really hate the latest trend of players either flopping onto the wrong side, or not rolling away. Back in the day they'd be rucked into the earth's core, but today refs only seem to ping it if it interferes with the the 9 getting the ball away. IMO, it has far greater consequences, e.g. here, where a guy is trying to get a good drive on his clearout and ends up missing a month of play. Duty of care is equally the responsibility of both sides, and all of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Neil3030 wrote: »
    He was a aggressive, but at no point (in that GIF, must be stated, this is all I'm going on) do I get the sense he made a specific attempt to stamp on the guy below him, who was arguably on his side of the ruck anyway.

Side note, but I really hate the latest trend of players either flopping onto the wrong side, or not rolling away. Back in the day they'd be rucked into the earth's core, but today refs only seem to ping it if it interferes with the the 9 getting the ball away. IMO, it has far greater consequences, e.g. here, where a guy is trying to get a good drive on his clearout and ends up missing a month of play. Duty of care is equally the responsibility of both sides, and all of that.

In this case the guy had an opposition player lying on top of him until a split second before an opponent stamped on him. Not sure how on earth he was supposed to roll away.

Players on the wrong side have always been a part of the game, it's actually policed far better these days than it was when raking was more common imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Nice piece with Steenson in the Indo this morning. Exeter very much fired up for the Champions Cup and feel they let themselves down at home to Leinster last season. The job they've done there is remarkable given the money they've spent and the relative lack of international recognition.

Aside, Steenson says Exeter is 100% his home and will be staying there after retirement with the aim of taking up a coaching role with the Chiefs. He's also about to open a new sports bar in the town. Won't be open for this weekend, unfortunately, but I can see it becoming a De Danu type location for any visiting Irish sides!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

Is there a boards league already set up here?

https://fantasy.epcrugby.com

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Ludikrus

Is there no highlights of the Leinster/Munster matches on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Ludikrus wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ludikrus wrote: »

On VM1 Saturday night at 9.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Elvisjuice wrote: »

Marty Moore finally getting a competitive game.

Hopefully he gets through this. Good to see Scarlets be so open about his absence

https://twitter.com/scarlets_rugby/status/1050711407614935040?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Stef Evans starts for Scarlets after playing a hape of A Games, what is that all about?

EDIT: ahh, I see Prydie got injured last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

legohouse wrote: »
    Is there a boards league already set up here?

https://fantasy.epcrugby.com

68UYPOOF

Boards league here if anyone wants to join

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I'm in

Joined there. Have never used super bru but did this one last year so stuck with whats familiar.

That salary cap is punishing btw. Think I'll end up regretting leaving Nakarawa out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I am in,

Apologies to Leinster, I have Sexton as kicker and Ringrose as captain

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I really enjoyed the Ed Jackson introduction, great to see him back up on his feet again. For anyone that doesn't know him he's an ex Bath and Dragons player who suffered paralysis after diving headfirst into a pool on holidays, looks to have made an incredible recovery.

They then went to Gareth Thomas trying to catch things from a cherry picker so a bit of a mixed bag for Channel 4 overall.
    The co host is an annoying little fella too, like something from children's tv, I thought they may have tried to slip an ex pro into that position and let them bed in, a bit like Tommy Bowe on Eir.

-EDIT- Ah, it was just the preview show, let's see how the main fare goes at 12:30.

• Advertisement

Bath 8 got a stud to the eye there, was going into play scrum half.

Bath 9 just got a boot in the face and the it was ignored

He complained to the ref too and he’s not interested, very strange.

Strange to see The Red so empty for a big game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Heaslip soundsike he is reading from a script

• Registered Users Posts: 16,896 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Eleven minutes in and we get the first pop at the Pro 14 from the BT commentators.

Yeah he’s a bit too clippy, but he’s doing ok. Credit to C4 for going with an unbiased pairing, they don’t have to big up the Premiership either.

Clegg wrote: »
    Eleven minutes in and we get the first pop at the Pro 14 from the BT commentators.

Ha. What did they say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Clegg wrote: »

Cant post something like that without confirming what they said

It was funny last night with them trying to talk about Wasps without saying they are complete rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 16,896 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Talking about Baths's long injury list and how, due to the nature of the English and French leagues, neither team will ever have fully fit sides going into Europe. These lads play every game at full throttle dontcha know.

• Advertisement

Wasn’t it Bath who sent a third string to Saracens two weekends ago?

Advertisement