Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018-2019 Champions Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Quint2010 wrote: »
    BT have nine channels. There's bound to be one dead rubber? Think it's unfair on some teams.

BT have nine channels and they would show premiership soccer ahead of the Champions Cup on every single one of them if they could

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't see it happening but am I right in thinking a freak result would see Leinster host Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

Eod100 wrote: »
    Don't see it happening but am I right in thinking a freak result would see Leinster host Munster?

Would the freak result be Leinster and Toulouse lose putting Munster in a home quarter? Am I reading that correctly?

Saracens -28 (pool winner)
    Racing - 26 (pool winner)
    Edi - 23 (pool winner)
    Munster 21 (pool winner)

Leinster - 20
    Toulouse - 17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

BT have nine channels and they would show premiership soccer ahead of the Champions Cup on every single one of them if they could

BT's coverage of games is excellent. Showing every game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

The only way Leinster host Munster in the quarters is if Leinster draw with Wasps and get no bonus points or lose and get 2 bonus points. Both are pretty far down the list of what's likely to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Yeah the games today are funny ones but I expect Leinster and Toulouse to go about their business effectively enough.

Yeah, in fairness I posted about this not being a gimmee for Leinster before I saw the Wasps team...

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

I have 3 Airbnb's for Edinburgh for Friday 29th March to checkout on Monday 1st April that I now do not need. While it stated there was a full cancellation within 48 hours, they now will only give back 75% of what I paid, and not the 100% they promised. 3 nights, for 4 people, for about €300 (€100 a night). All 3 are located in the city centre (old town).

If anyone wants one, PM me. I'll give it for €10 off!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Bit foolish of you

damianmcr wrote: »
    Bit foolish of you

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Are Toulouse settling for a win without a BP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

As it stands the qf is ulster. If Toulouse beat racing and we beat ulster who gets the home semi? Us based on finishing higher up the table?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,968 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Burkie1203 wrote:
    Are Toulouse settling for a win without a BP
    It looks like they were happy to but they might end up losing now. Only three points in it now.
    If that was what they were after it's terrible management.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭roverjoyce

Stheno wrote: »
    As it stands the qf is ulster. If Toulouse beat racing and we beat ulster who gets the home semi? Us based on finishing higher up the table?
    Leinsters semi final will be in France regardless of who wins between Racing and Toulouse
    Munster will be in the Aviva or maybe Cork if they win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Someone said yesterday Toulouse might not go for a BP so as to avoid Leinster. Looks like they might have been right. Leinster v Ulster it is

roverjoyce wrote: »
    Leinsters semi final will be in France regardless of who wins between Racing and Toulouse

"Leinster's semi final"

Haha the mocking of the rugby God's has commenced in earnest

If Toulouse and Leinster win, Leinster get home country advantage as the higher seed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

That's not true.

If Toulouse beat Racing and Leinster win, the semi will be in Ireland, and as such, the Aviva.

"If the clubs ranked 3 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 3 will have home country advantage"

What are the quarters then?

What are the quarters then?

Sarries Glasgow
    Racing Toulouse
    Leinster Ulster
    Embra Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Someone said yesterday Toulouse might not go for a BP so as to avoid Leinster. Looks like they might have been right. Leinster v Ulster it is

The outcome was a certainty. Couple of early tries to build the lead and then stopped. No disrespect to Bath. Much better outcome for Toulouse and their fans. They will take a good crowd to Paris and have a better chance of winning.

• Advertisement

Brewster wrote: »
    The outcome was a certainty. Couple of early tries to build the lead and then stopped. No disrespect to Bath. Much better outcome for Toulouse and their fans. They will take a good crowd to Paris and have a better chance of winning.

Better outcome for Ulster as well. Realistically we are up against it whoever we play. At this way more of our fans will get to go to the match...assuming it's in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

bilston wrote: »
    Better outcome for Ulster as well. Realistically we are up against it whoever we play. At this way more of our fans will get to go to the match...assuming it's in the Aviva.

Yeah, Leinster are overwhelming favourites but at least Ulster will bring a full strength team to Dublin in a long long time. Should be a great atmosphere, for as long as the score is tight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I have 3 Airbnb's for Edinburgh for Friday 29th March to checkout on Monday 1st April that I now do not need. While it stated there was a full cancellation within 48 hours, they now will only give back 75% of what I paid, and not the 100% they promised. 3 nights, for 4 people, for about €300 (€100 a night). All 3 are located in the city centre (old town).

If anyone wants one, PM me. I'll give it for €10 off!

Nobody will want to stay until Monday if it’s a Friday/ Saturday game.

(a) For Semi-final 1

If the clubs ranked 1 (Saracens) and 4 (Edinburgh) win their QFs, the club ranked 1 (Saracens) will have home country

If the clubs ranked 1 (Saracens) and 5 (Munster) win their QFs, the club ranked (Saracens) will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 (Glasgow) and 4 (Edinburgh) win their QFs, the club ranked 4 (Edinburgh) will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 (Glasgow) and 5 (Munster) win their QFs, the club ranked 5 (Munster) will have home country advantage

(b) For Semi-final 2

If the clubs ranked 3 (Leinster) and 2 (Racing) win their QFs, the club ranked 2 (Racing) will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 3 (Leinster) and 7 (Toulouse) win their QFs, the club ranked 3 (Leinster) will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 (Ulster) and 2 (Racing) win their QFs, the club ranked 2 (Racing) will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 (Ulster) and 7 (Toulouse) win their QFs, the club ranked 6 (Ulster) will have home country advantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

(a) For Semi-final 1

(b) For Semi-final 2

If the clubs ranked 3 (Leinster) and 7 (Toulouse) win their QFs, the club ranked 3 (Toulouse) will have home country advantage

You should have put Leinster here

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If the clubs ranked 3 (Leinster) and 7 (Toulouse) win their QFs, the club ranked 3 (Toulouse) will have home country advantage

Leinster, you mean.

Toulouse has a better chance of beating Racing than Ulster so this has worked out quite well for Leinster. If they win their QF, they have a higher chance of getting a home semi than they would have had if Toulouse had got a BP win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

(a) For Semi-final 1

If the clubs ranked 1 (Saracens) and 4 (Edinburgh) win their QFs, the club ranked 1 (Saracens) will have home country

If the clubs ranked 1 (Saracens) and 5 (Munster) win their QFs, the club ranked (Saracens) will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 (Glasgow) and 4 (Edinburgh) win their QFs, the club ranked 4 (Edinburgh) will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 (Glasgow) and 5 (Munster) win their QFs, the club ranked 5 (Munster) will have home country advantage

(b) For Semi-final 2

If the clubs ranked 3 (Leinster) and 2 (Racing) win their QFs, the club ranked 2 (Racing) will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 (Ulster) and 2 (Racing) win their QFs, the club ranked 2 (Racing) will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 (Ulster) and 7 (Toulouse) win their QFs, the club ranked 6 (Ulster) will have home country advantage

I presume you mean Leinster is the club ranked third.

I do! Will edit. Tis a great way of finding typos! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Anyone know how long does it take them to announce dates and times?

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    Anyone know how long does it take them to announce dates and times?

Thursday apparently

Advertisement