Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 50 year old neighbour on Disability

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Has anyone suggested burning his house down yet? The OP's house, the neighbour's house, I don't mind which. Let's burn something.

burn everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Has anyone suggested burning his house down yet? The OP's house, the neighbour's house, I don't mind which. Let's burn something.

The car? The stereo?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

I'm in fcuking tears here!!! I've just sat and read through the whole four pages. It's absolutely fcuking surreal!

Oh god; Just gone out to make another mugga tea. Found myself staggering around the kitchen, literally doubled over in gales of laughter. Tears streaming down my face as I'm banging my fist on the counter and fcuking Howling! Christ, my stomach hurts, I'm laughing so hard!

Absolute fcuking Quality! This truly is AH at its incomparable very best!

Posters; I Salute You! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭rondog

Theres always some clowns in the PC brigade that turn a relevant thread into a mud throwing competition based on some trivial info provided bythe OP.Is someone announced they were on disbililty and proceeded to rub in my face how little they paid in rent I would find it very relevant.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Malayalam wrote: »
    I must admit I do find it strange when people use search function on Boards to bring up people's previous posts. I never have done it - and I am very curious by nature, but still it never has occurred to me to look at people's previous posts....It kind of defeats the 'in the moment' nature of having forth online. I have had it done on me quite a few times - feels weird. Stalkerish, even. Imagine if in real time chats people with whom you were shooting the breeze suddenly broke off and said ''Ahem, contrary to what you have herein stated, it appears that at 4.05 pm on Thursday the 5th of December you in fact expressed an opinion....etc etc.'' :rolleyes: Haha. Anyways, as Walt Whitman said ''Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.''
    Here's to large multitudes within, human contradictions and the very ancient story-telling arts of embellishment, exaggeration, and hyperbole.

Considering that these kinds of threads are almost always windups, probably all from the same re-reg, it's not strange at all to check a recent reg's posts, this thread is a pretty strong argument for it to be compulsory :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Homestly op, at a rent of €13.00 and with you as a neighbour I think your disabled neighbour is being seriously overcharged.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

If you genuinely think your neighbor is keying your car, I think the only logical solution is to set his keys on fire. that will teach him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Set your car on fire, then when he tries to key it, he will burn his hands, and you will have proof!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

rondog wrote: »
    Theres always some clowns in the PC brigade that turn a relevant thread into a mud throwing competition based on some trivial info provided bythe OP.Is someone announced they were on disbililty and proceeded to rub in my face how little they paid in rent I would find it very relevant.

Ah come on Ron - the thread has been a big wind up bullshít story from OP who's been trying to bait people all day long. He's been making it up as he goes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Next time you're playing music send him some subtle hints that you know it was him. Start off by playing The Cars then play The Black Keys. Then play Every Breath You Take to let him know you're watching every step he takes and that you'll be calling The Police.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I see someone has been visited by the little leprechaun....

hqdefault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

My gaf is defo over insured ... Lets burn them ...Burn them all1

El Macho wrote: »
    Slash the tires on his wheelchair. Show him you mean business.

I was gonna go all old school and ut him on the floor and make him play football

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Homestly op, at a rent of €13.00 and with you as a neighbour I think your disabled neighbour is being seriously overcharged.

Hey WTf! I am well sound I am ...

damianch wrote: »
    It isn't every day, happened twice in 3 months . During the day at the weekend.

Do you have the same restrictions in your home?

I tell you what tho, since he complained and all of you guys... I am going to invite parties and share them on here.

because you guys cleary think I am a party animal partying all the time.

Everyone is entitled to have fun every month or they .

But now, I won't even worry one it
    Thanks!

OMG howling laughing at this ...Ahhhh hahahah oh lord . That's me like hahahah

Again OP what has it to do with the story. You could have left out the disability bit and pay only x amount in rent and your story be the same. It does seem you add it for effect. So as the other poster asked what has those 2 bits got to do with your car been keyed. You could have just as well put a title I think my 50 year old neighbor keyed my car.

But if I left the Disability bit out, people wouldn't have gone bat shi*t crazy and start eating their young.

Its mad funny watching the minds of people at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

change your car to some kind of offroad 4 wheel drive thing and build a platform with steps in your driveway to park on.

Fuaranach wrote: »
    I wasn't, and neither were any of the REAL MEN of After Hours who were too busy PAYING TAXES so that people like you could party like it's 1999. Oh. My. God. Like.

Sorry you have a crap job buddy. Thanks for your 20% tax off your 22k ... will go far

People like me? Go on ? Who are people like me keyboard warrior?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I'm starting to think you keyed your own car

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

It isn't every day, happened twice in 3 months . During the day at the weekend.

Do you have the same restrictions in your home?

I tell you what tho, since he complained and all of you guys... I am going to invite parties and share them on here.

because you guys cleary think I am a party animal partying all the time.

Everyone is entitled to have fun every month or they .

But now, I won't even worry one it
    Thanks!

OMG howling laughing at this ...Ahhhh hahahah oh lord . That's me like hahahah

It is you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

Im beginning to think the OP is some Tyler Duerden figure..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I started reading this thread when it started. I kept reading it on and off during the day. I started to feel sorry for the OP at one point. Then I started to think he was an asshole. Had he just accepted that the thread title aspects had feck all to do with his issue and changed it, then he really could have saved himself a lot of hassle. Then he reveals that he's a secondary school teacher and I start to wonder why he wants to link his crap post/thread with his profession. It really disrespects others in his profession that are meant to be educators, while the OP doesn't appear to have grasped the basic fundamentals of communication.

So OP. Talk to your neighbour about the issue without any accusations. Communicate and educate as that's your fooking job. Use those skills in real life. It sickens me to witness a so called educated person behave the way the OP did today, despite all the goading and all over a fairly trivial issue. The second thread that was started about sacks and **** was mental stuff. The OP just came across as angry and maybe stressed out with the whole AFs thing. But fook it, he's on holiday now. I hope he finds peace, unless he's earning an extra few quid correcting LC/JC papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

But if I left the Disability bit out, people wouldn't have gone bat shi*t crazy and start eating their young.

Its mad funny watching the minds of people at work.

You going to have to explain that to me as if you never put it in then people would not know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭sbs2010

I like the OP

He's stuck around and answered all the questions.

Not like some OPs who go missing when they're called out on something.

Not sure all his posts make sense but a quality AH thread none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Patww79 wrote: »

No, but sending her a bullet in the post was a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

daithi1970 wrote: »
    Im beginning to think the OP is some Tyler Duerden figure..

You know we can't talk about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

If he is able and motivated to key your car then he should be able and motivated to work.

There are confidential numbers available if you suspect someone of welfare fraud. Again though, as mentioned, you need evidence. Get a camera or something.

You obviously have no idea what grounds someone could be on disability for. It doesn't mean you wouldn't be able to key a car. It can be for any range of things, head injury, mental illness etc.

See this is why putting the disability bit in the title is problematic. It's only going to get the Leo loving dole bashing crowd giving you stupid crappy advice like report him for welfare fraud when there isn't any welfare fraud, but criminal activity.

OP I would just knock on his door and ask him did he see anyone key your car. Gauge his reaction. You might ask if anyone has complained to HIM about the barbecue you had. That will sort of clue him in that you heard about the barbecue complaint he made, and give you another reaction to observe. Tell him you noticed it always happens when you have a late night and were wondering if someone was holding a grudge. Tell him you're ringing the guards to report it and getting a camera, and say you know the guards might not do much but they might know if there is anyone in the area likely to do something like that. Tell him you hope to catch the person yourself so you can sort him out yourself.

And I would say it's almost definitely him. In the kinds of disputes it's almost always older men with some bizarre grudge at this kind of craic, plenty of threads about similar cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

If he is able and motivated to key your car then he should be able and motivated to work.

There are confidential numbers available if you suspect someone of welfare fraud. Again though, as mentioned, you need evidence. Get a camera or something.

You don’t need evidence to report someone confidentially to social welfare. They have a page where you can report your concerns and DEASP will investigate whether or not there’s any truth to your report.

Advertisement