Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 50 year old neighbour on Disability

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

You need to set up a secret camera taking in your neighbours property. Make sure he's really disabled. He's probably like yer man Andy from little Britain. As soon as he thinks no-one is looking he's probably cartwheeling down the garden and jumping off the roof into a paddling pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

damianch wrote: »
    I see where you are going, but I'll stop you there.

He said to me in the first convo with him that he was on disability and what he is paying. Before I nearly got my first name out.

I'd never question anyone on disability as I know how difficult it is to be approved for it. I wasn't putting him down in that regard .

Where am I going? You made the fact that he's on disability allowance the title of the thread and include more details about his disability allowance and rent in your OP but it has nothing to do with the story you've told so far? Maybe it is relevant to the story but so far, I just don't see how it's relevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭damianch

Can I clear something up Re: title of this post.

The reason I mentioned he is 50 is equally as imprortant to him being on disability.

I am not saying anything about him claiming disabillity in a wrong scenario.

What I am suggesting is that him being unable to work for a long time has made him a pain in the ass neighbour.

However If I said "My unemployed neighbour...." Imagine the **** storm that would cause.

I said he was on Disability so people would attack him for being "unemployed"

If I said he was just a neighbour people would say " JAYSUS does he not work"

If I didn't say he was Disability, people would say " Oh maybe fancies you"

By saying he is on Disability is just creating a context and it is only a judgement in you the person who presumes its a bad thing. I don't . Its a conext, and describes the situation . And as it describes the situation it cannot be untrue.

And again , I can't deal with people who argue over such issues . Its pedantic and bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Well that escalated quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 23,573 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If he is able and motivated to key your car then he should be able and motivated to work.

There are confidential numbers available if you suspect someone of welfare fraud. Again though, as mentioned, you need evidence. Get a camera or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The reason I mentioned he is 50 is equally as imprortant to him being on disability.

What I am suggesting is that him being unable to work for a long time has made him a pain in the ass neighbour.

However If I said "My unemployed neighbour...." Imagine the **** storm that would cause.

By saying he is on Disability is just creating a context and it is only a judgement in you the person who presumes its a bad thing. I don't . Its a conext, and describes the situation . And as it describes the situation it cannot be untrue.

And again , I can't deal with people who argue over such issues . Its pedantic and bull

Mad ted.

Ghetto Superstar- that song is in my head now

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gatoh

erica74 wrote: »
    You made the fact that he's on disability allowance the title of the thread and include more details about his disability allowance and rent in your OP but it has nothing to do with the story you've told so far? Maybe it is relevant to the story but so far, I just don't see how it's relevant.

Agreed!

This book just won't print!
    OP - you need to re-write the whole script ! More drama!

I just moved into a new house.

I had chatted to my new neighbour before, 50, fairly stable, on disability.

The first thing he tells me is that he is on disability and he pays something lile 13 euro a week rent. So thats cool. Means nothing to me.

Then he starts laying down the law of the land .

Started off fairly normal . He was complaining about the other neighbours etc.

But now its gone to a new level. Anytime I have a "late night" my car is scratched up a little bit more.

Last Sunday , it was an awesome BBQ day, so we had people over and had music playing etc throughout the day, as did many neighbours.

The next day my car was keyed from front to back.

I am not saying it is this guy next door, but one of the other neighbours met me on the street last Sunday and she said that he had complained to her about the direction of smoke from the BBQ. Her BBQ not mine.

I own my house outright .

I am not moving because of a busy nody next door neighbour

Will I tell him ?

Your first post doesn't mention anything about him being "a pain in the ass", if you had elaborated in your first post that, because he's on disability, he doesn't have much to do with his time so is a pain in the ass, that would have made more sense.
    I'm not arguing with you, I simply asked what him being on disability allowance and paying a tiny sum of rent had to do with the story.

Try_harder wrote: »
    Well that escalated quickly

Par for the course of dealing with a group of people let loose on a keyboard. The majority forget where they are and become lapdogs for their primary school teacher all over again.

The ones that go all " Oh but you said it in this fashion or that fashion" are clearly the ones from primary school with their finger on their lips hopping off the seat when the teacher is looking for someone to take something to the office.

I'd be like, take it yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Have a bit of respect for your neighbors and stop throwing all day party’s and you won’t get your car keyed.

Par for the course of dealing with a group of people let loose on a keyboard. The majority forget where they are and become lapdogs for their primary school teacher all over again.

The ones that go all " Oh but you said it in this fashion or that fashion" are clearly the ones from primary school with their finger on their lips hopping off the seat when the teacher is looking for someone to take something to the office.

Renegade!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,253 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

What I am suggesting is that him being unable to work for a long time has made him a pain in the ass neighbour . . .
    Possibly it has.

But so what? It doesn't matter whether he's a pain in the arse. It only matters whether he is keying your car.

Instead of trying to identify somebody who is likely to be keying your car and looking for evidence that it is him, what you should be doing is trying to find out who is keying your car. Which probably means parking it in a spot from which it can be seen by an appropriately-located webcam, and then reviewing footage to see who has approached it if it is scratched again. This strategy does not depend on you successfully guessing who might be guilty.

Gatoh wrote: »
    Agreed!

This book just won't print!
    OP - you need to re-write the whole script ! More drama!

I'm free on Wednesday. Will come home and waterboard him .

Hah, yeah, I was the one hopping off the seat because my arse and legs were covered in welts and bruises from having the shit kicked out of me at home.

It's a pity you're taking such offence to being asked some questions when you came here looking for advice.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Possibly it has.

But so what? It doesn't matter whether he's a pain in the arse. It only matters whether he is keying your car.

Instead of trying to identify somebody who is likely to be keying your car and looking for evidence that it is him, what you should be doing is trying to find out who is keying your car. Which probably means parking it in a spot from which it can be seen by an appropriately-located webcam, and then reviewing footage to see who has approached it if it is scratched again. This strategy does not depend on you successfully guessing who might be guilty.

You will see from previous posts, I have moved my car and am watching . thanks tho x

erica74 wrote: »
    Hah, yeah, I was the one hopping off the seat because my arse and legs were covered in welts and bruises from having the shit kicked out of me at home.

It's a pity you're taking such offence to being asked some questions when you came here looking for advice.

Not at all, I love questions and love answering them! Never take offence from anyone unless they mistreat me. . If people prove me wrong I would apologise and say I was wrong. I only came here to ask advice on one subject, yet I am getting **** over wording of my question.

Do you have any questions ??

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Is your neighbour in a wheelchair? Have you been parking on the footpath?

Roadtoad wrote: »
    Is your neighbour in a wheelchair? Have you been parking on the footpath?

No on his legs, sure he isn't using them

I am not saying it is this guy next door, but one of the other neighbours met me on the street last Sunday and she said that he had complained to her about the direction of smoke from the BBQ. Her BBQ not mine.

I-am-not-saying.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

To be honest , I'm a bit disappointed in the efforts of the AH community to help this gentleman gain some catharsis. So many pages in and not one of yis has mentioned scat revenge [don't Google that]
    This is how it's done folks...

2 words

Liquid Ass

Spray around the perimeter of your driveway. You'll never see him or any potential car scratcher again.

Check out Amazon reviews for it's potential uses.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liquid-Ass-Mister-Fart-Spray/dp/B000OCEWGW

The first thing he tells me is that he is on disability and he pays something lile 13 euro a week rent. So thats cool. Means nothing to me.

I own my house outright .

Yeah, Sure.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I-am-not-saying.jpg

yep, when cannot pull a sentance together yourself , send a meme and pither away.

Your problem is why buddy?? Any balls to ask ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OP ;just read your other thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057880774

Interesting correlations.

The real problem here is maybe YOU.

And I feel for your neighbour .

Wondering what your work is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Have a bit of respect for your neighbors and stop throwing all day party’s and you won’t get your car keyed.

Yeah, I have zero sympathy for you over your keyed car TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

No on his legs, sure he isn't using them

My neighbour is a nightmare. At home all day. Nothing to do except grind up his hatreds and cause problems. Same with his alcoholic ex wife - now gone thank God. Im years with problems with them and the gaurds will do nothing. Changed garda stations and the attitude changed 100% - first thing they said : get cctv. It allows them to push in and act without an I say you say fight. There are now night sensor infrared cameras you can get on amazon -small and discreet & viewable on your phone. Get one and mount it up. You parking in the visitors will cause problems and resentment with people who have visitors and need the parking space. Put a cctv sticker on your door and spend the e100. In the meantime find out through yer man who he rents from -housing agency or council or housing charity - some of the new housing charities that have thousands of houses throw people out under the terms of their leases for antisocial bahaviour and criminal behaviour. If it is him you might get him that way or have him worried enough to stop.

It might well be a surprise and be the other neighbour or some other silent hater.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Yeah, Sure.

You don't think he pays 13 quid a week?

Love people who highlight things and then go " Ah sure" and then wander off... What do you ? A receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

This is what comes from living on top of each other in estates. Sell your gaff and move to the countryside OP and have barbecues all the live long day. Sure the neighbour - disabled, 50, whatever - will be too busy burning the gorse, his plastic silage coverings and the forests to care. Some of us don't even bother to wash our faces out here. And your car will be so spattered with cow****e too, that no one will bother to key it.
    :)

• Advertisement

yep, when cannot pull a sentance together yourself , send a meme and pither away.

Your problem is why buddy?? Any balls to ask ??

I read that and wonder how it's me that can't pull a sentence together. But anyway...

I'm guessing you work and paid for your house. Your neighbour has some half-arsed disibility that means he pays 13 quid a week for the same as you have and that irks the **** out of you as it would most people. You move in spoiling his peace and quiet and as revenge for having his serenity spoiled by some noisy neighbour he is keying your car. You are annoyed by this logically but also by that fact that in your view he is a layabout sponger.

Advertisement