Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4+any two games+€150 = PS Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

traded in at Gamestop Tallaght today - they checked the console and it all came to 93.50 € with Fifa 17 and Destiny were the games i traded.

happy out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Seanachai wrote: »
    Are they pro-Israel or something?

haven't a glue, but I dislike them selling second hand games that they'd buy for €20 but then sell for €50. none of that second sale goes back to the developer to fund their next game.

ohh and can I interest you in disc protection for an extra €5?

That's not that big of a mark up to be honest when it comes to the world of business.

You can guarantee the developers mark up on the original sale is way larger.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

There's a reason why the majority of square meterage in a GameStop is second hand sales/merchandise. it's where the profit is.

GameStop are banking on you buying their higher marked up games, you completing them, bringing them back, getting store credit to spend more in their store, and as mentioned above when you look at the floor space in a GameStop, it's working.

Anyways this is dragging the post way off topic, this is a good deal if your original PS4 is on it's last legs and you have two quite old crappy games lying around.

There's a reason why the majority of square meterage in a GameStop is second hand sales/merchandise. it's where the profit is.

GameStop are banking on you buying their higher marked up games, you completing them, bringing them back, getting store credit to spend more in their store, and as mentioned above when you look at the floor space in a GameStop, it's working.

Anyways this is dragging the post way off topic, this is a good deal if your original PS4 is on it's last legs and you have two quite old crappy games lying around.

News just in company gives space to most profitable part of the business...

They don't force people to trade in or buy second hand games so I see no problem with this.

It's business.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    News just in company gives space to most profitable part of the business...

They don't force people to trade in or buy second hand games so I see no problem with this.

It's business.
    fair enough, but he just asked me why i disliked giving money to GameStop and I just told him. No need to be super defensive of a massive business ;).

• Advertisement

Not being super defensive of them at all.

But if company's making money is why you wouldn't shop there it makes me wonder where do you shop?

I'm not against them making money, If I was against companies making money I wouldn't have a salary. the second sale where 100% goes directly to them is what I have a dislike for. I just find it a little shady.

I'm not against them making money, If I was against companies making money I wouldn't have a salary. the second sale where 100% goes directly to them is what I have a dislike for. I just find it a little shady.

The main reason I don't have a problem with it is because no one is forced to sell or buy the games.

I myself don't shop much in gamestop and only got this because I had a day one ps4 that was making a lot of noise on start up and still had the original controllers so worked out to be an excellent deal.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Have a good weekend my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is the HDMI cable needed for this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Lads is the HDMI cable needed for this deal?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Gonna get this deal tomorrow. They're out of Stock in Stephens Green at the moment. Will trade in Agents of Mayhem and Saints Row 4 against it.

Is there any scope to trade in the Fortnite game that comes with the bundle against it? Probably not as I'm presuming it's a digital copy.

I've a few more games I can trade against it hopefully to bring down the €99 - Far Cry 4, Mafia 3, Ghistbusters, unopened Deus EX MD, Infamous SS and Shadow of Mordor. Will see what sort of price I get it for tomorrow.

van_beano wrote: »
    Gonna get this deal tomorrow. They're out of Stock in Stephens Green at the moment. Will trade in Agents of Mayhem and Saints Row 4 against it.

Is there any scope to trade in the Fortnite game that comes with the bundle against it? Probably not as I'm presuming it's a digital copy.

I've a few more games I can trade against it hopefully to bring down the €99 - Far Cry 4, Mafia 3, Ghistbusters, unopened Deus EX MD, Infamous SS and Shadow of Mordor. Will see what sort of price I get it for tomorrow.

Don't think there is any scope to trade the fortnite game back in it's only a pack with a skin and 500vbucks which is the in game currency.

Probably only worth like 5 euro for them to sell it. You might get that for it on adverts though

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Don't think there is any scope to trade the fortnite game back in it's only a pack with a skin and 500vbucks which is the in game currency.

Probably only worth like 5 euro for them to sell it. You might get that for it on adverts though

Ahh that's grand, I've enough to be at with my current backlog without adding this to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

sugarman wrote: »
    Anyone know if they still accept Xbox one games too as they did previously?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Got mine in Tallaght. Now I just need them to run a similar promo on Xbox One/X bundles and I'll be laughing

Yes

I traded in a few PS3 games just now, generally got 50 or so cents per each.

Got the trade in for €54.61 there, sound staff in Newbridge. Sold out in most places in Dublin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

van_beano wrote: »
    I traded in a few PS3 games just now, generally got 50 or so cents per each.

Got the trade in for €54.61 there, sound staff in Newbridge. Sold out in most places in Dublin

Sorry of I missed something but how did you get it for just 54 euro, I thought it was 100 euro plus the console/games?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Sorry of I missed something but how did you get it for just 54 euro, I thought it was 100 euro plus the console/games?

I traded in more than the 2 games. They took Agents of Mayhem and Deus Ex Mankind Divided as the trade in games as they had the lowest trade in value, something like €3 between them. I also traded Mafia 3 (got €10ish), Far Cry 4 (€7ish), Ghostbusters (€3ish), Shadow of Mordor (€10ish and Infanous SS (€7ish). Traded in a few PS3 games assembled maybe for a total value of €4ish. Got the 30% trade in bonus as well when signing up to loyalty card

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Anyone get a 30 Euro penalty because discs load slowly? GameStop in Bray have charged a refurb fee for this. Seems odd, never noticed the disc load times weren’t standard.

Tazium wrote: »
    Anyone get a 30 Euro penalty because discs load slowly? GameStop in Bray have charged a refurb fee for this. Seems odd, never noticed the disc load times weren’t standard.

Only got a €5 penalty to refurb controller, there was a dent on it and the rubber was peeling off the analog stick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DrFunkatron

Does anyone know if you get a bit more money off the upgrade if you trade in a 1tb PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Does anyone know if you get a bit more money off the upgrade if you trade in a 1tb PS4?

I dont think so, you could trade in a 1TB PS Pro you bought yesterday, and they would still charge you €99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

tinodz wrote:
    I dont think so, you could trade in a 1TB PS Pro you bought yesterday, and they would still charge you €99

Where's your source for this? Your arse?

I'd imagine it'd be cheaper, not by much I'd expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Got it today in balbriggan. Great deal. 92 euro in total when I signed up for a level 1 loyalty card. Took about 20 mins in total to test the console.

I was shown the GOW console. It looks fantastic but I couldn't justify the extra 90

RossieMan wrote: »
    tinodz wrote:

I'd say he could be correct a lot of people have gotten this offer and anyone who got it for less seem to have traded in extra games or controls etc.

Wouldn't know for sure as I traded in a launch day console but would be worth asking them I suppose when ya are trading them in worst they can do it say no

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

AdrianII wrote: »
    Great deal. 92 euro in total when I signed up for a level 1 loyalty card. Took about 20 mins in total to test the console.
    Same here. 92 euro with the level 1 loyalty card signup on the day. Also the fact that they're now accepting any 2 games is great, I traded in Fifa 15 (1 euro in CEX) and Fifa 16 (bought in the store at the time of trade in for 2 euro).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

RossieMan wrote: »

The listed deal is you trade in any PS4 and get the listed PS4 Pro for €99. On their system that would lead to them charging you €99 regardless of what you gave them. The only change would be to charge more if you bought a damaged item. Through another deal (which is not listed on the website), you may get a different price, but not though this one.

Also, calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

AdrianII wrote: »
    Got it today in balbriggan. Great deal. 92 euro in total when I signed up for a level 1 loyalty card. Took about 20 mins in total to test the console.

I was shown the GOW console. It looks fantastic but I couldn't justify the extra 90

I was actually planning on getting that one until I actually saw it in person, it's ugly as sin. I don't think I've seen a single special edition playstation (or xbox) that didn't look like it was made to appeal to the kids. I'd end up hiding something like that away rather than having it as part of my AV setup on display

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PS I love U

Hello , hopefully someone can help me. I got this deal but when I got home discovered controller was broken, also the box was clearly opened.

I'm hoping if someone can check the serial number on the white box , tell me if there's is also S01-1852###-k

I never got a broken controller before and never an opened box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

^ Also got a used pro in my deal, nothing sealed, scratches on the ports and one on the edge of the console too :( Called store and they explained how it could happen but they've no more till Thursday. Its back in the box, I won't use it. Pissed off. :mad:

Advertisement