Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Catastrophic condition of roads in Cork city (pic heavy thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I've recently moved and lower glanmire road is now a daily route from work.
    Fck me its horrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I've recently moved and lower glanmire road is now a daily route from work.
    Fck me its horrific!

Is lower glanmire Rd a temporary job?
    If city council paid a contractor to do that bad a repair to the road works its pretty show...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

God I hope so. Although there are some parts to it that havent been touched by recent work and are just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Inadequate repair done by Cork city council. Pothole right in the middle of the busiest road in Cork city and they do this. What's the story with the rest? I have so many questions. Did they run out of material? Did they run out of time? Who are they? Are they stupid?

Cork city council, you're some clowns it's unbelievable.

20190455-333.jpg

20190455-6666666.jpg

20190455-66666666.jpg

this is how it's done:

Repair.jpg

Again, cork city council showing everyone how incompetent they are...

brand new lines on the road, the road surface itself remains untouched.

20190455-66.jpg

this is where they finished...

20190455-6666.jpg

further down still a third world country road...

20190455-66666.jpg

what a contrast, new shiny lines on a decades old road...

20190455-55555.jpg

20190455-444.jpg

• Advertisement

*puke*

20190455-3333.jpg

20190455-666666.jpg

20190499-888.jpg

20190488-777.jpg

about a month ago new surface on Churchfield rd.

churchfield02.jpg

churchfield01.jpg

churchfield03.jpg

but when you go collect your undelivered packet you have to drive on this..

they couldn't resurface that bit of road leading to the An Post depot???

churchfield04.jpg

churchfield05.jpg

churchfield06.jpg

churchfield07.jpg

churchfield08.jpg

Looks like this is the only solution to make them do their job.

Hit your nearest Woodie's for couple of cans of spray paint I'd say... seems like the only solution to the problem.

POTHOLES FIXED AFTER PROTESTER SPRAY-PAINTS PENISES AROUND THEM

https://extra.ie/2019/04/29/news/extraordinary/penis-potholes-teesside-middlesbrough

penis-potholes.jpg

this is outside cork near Ringaskiddy. Brand new bit of road between Shanbally cross and Coolmore cross.

They had to leave a cone there to warn the drivers about a drain cover that they didn't level with the rest of the road. Really?

This isn't western europe.

coolmore02.jpg

coolmore03.jpg

coolmore01.jpg

Cork on the Rise: Cork on track to be the fastest growing city in Ireland for the next 20 years
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/specialreports/cork-on-the-rise-cork-on-track-to-be-the-fastest-growing-city-in-ireland-for-the-next-20-years-920032.html

Cork city is rising??

This place has no future if there is no significant investment in the road infrastructure!

No matter how many shiny new office buildings will be built, or how much money is wasted on new pedestrian bridges.. or how many cycling lanes will be built.. None of this matters when the roads are in absolutely shocking state (and the same goes to the quality of repairs). Add appaling bus service, extortionate insurance premiums, horrible healthcare etc. and you can be 100% sure the future is not bright..

Cork city is rising... it's just empty talk.. new office buildings isn't a sign of progress, things an ordinary citizen sees on daily basis is something that should be a priority. When you go get a bus, it should arrive on time every time. When you drive a car somewhere it should be a comfortable ride, not like you're driving a tractor in the field..

...almost like the government is chasing the GDP to please mama Merkel but what people want and need isn't really a priority.

No way I am retiring in Ireland, there is no future here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

I'm fairly sure with that drain they come back later, cut out around it and then raise it. I work out that way and its a pain in the ass with all the roadworks going on. Also re the city's population rising its a scary thought given the lack of future planing that seems to be in place. Everyone's going to end up living in carrigaline, ballincollig, glanmire etc and there isnt exactly a great transport network from most of these places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Diabhalta wrote: »
    Cork on the Rise: Cork on track to be the fastest growing city in Ireland for the next 20 years
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/specialreports/cork-on-the-rise-cork-on-track-to-be-the-fastest-growing-city-in-ireland-for-the-next-20-years-920032.html

Cork city is rising??

This place has no future if there is no significant investment in the road infrastructure!

No matter how many shiny new office buildings will be built, or how much money is wasted on new pedestrian bridges.. or how many cycling lanes will be built.. None of this matters when the roads are in absolutely shocking state (and the same goes to the quality of repairs). Add appaling bus service, extortionate insurance premiums, horrible healthcare etc. and you can be 100% sure the future is not bright..

Cork city is rising... it's just empty talk.. new office buildings isn't a sign of progress, things an ordinary citizen sees on daily basis is something that should be a priority. When you go get a bus, it should arrive on time every time. When you drive a car somewhere it should be a comfortable ride, not like you're driving a tractor in the field..

...almost like the government is chasing the GDP to please mama Merkel but what people want and need isn't really a priority.

No way I am retiring in Ireland, there is no future here...

Bit pessimistic to be honest. I think the bus service has improved immeasurably in the last number of years around the city. Loads of new routes, more frequency and they are on time where i live anyway. The bus lanes are helping an awful lot.

While the condition of the roads can be poor ive seen worse during my travels around europe. Main gripe is the poor standard of repair by the council and not holding 3rd parties accountable for a decent levels of repair when they cut into the road sometimes only recently resurfaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

this is outside cork near Ringaskiddy. Brand new bit of road between Shanbally cross and Coolmore cross.

They had to leave a cone there to warn the drivers about a drain cover that they didn't level with the rest of the road. Really?

This isn't western europe.

coolmore02.jpg

coolmore03.jpg

coolmore01.jpg
    Cork city council/ cork co council are both as bad ref roads,repairs etc,lived in Derry 20 years and can honestly say there's no comparison to the state of our ****e roads down here',yes there are exceptions,but few n far between

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Cork city council/ cork co council are both as bad ref roads,repairs etc,lived in Derry 20 years and can honestly say there's no comparison to the state of our ****e roads down here',yes there are exceptions,but few n far between

Are the roads excellent in northern ireland and the UK compared to here?

corcaigh1 wrote: »

Are the roads excellent in northern ireland and the UK compared to here?
    I can as I've lived in both plus London on / off

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Bit pessimistic to be honest. I think the bus service has improved immeasurably in the last number of years around the city.

While the condition of the roads can be poor ive seen worse during my travels around europe. Main gripe is the poor standard of repair by the council and not holding 3rd parties accountable for a decent levels of repair when they cut into the road sometimes only recently resurfaced.

Do you think the bus service has improved?

Look at this. Two identical buses following each other. This isn't normal, you are not gonna see this anywhere in Europe. Only in Ireland. Obviously something is very very wrong.

60248414_10210626278291801_6558392134456573952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=bce9196e2de99e37b879432e441976fe&oe=5D9D51CB

That brand new road resurfaced couple of months ago between Victoria cross and Dennehy's cross started sinking right after the bridge.

These pictures are now one week old

They went back again since then to "repair" it (that's not a repair, just a touch up). Uneven surface in both lanes and apparently it's still sinking.

And it's a mess. Horrible mess on a brand new road.

I am speechless. Wtf.

cun-ts005.jpg

cun-ts004.jpg

????????????????????????????????????????????

60465128-10210651190074580-6191393114658177024-n.jpg

Cork on the rise

cun-ts001.jpg

cun-ts002.jpg

cun-ts003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Do you think the bus service has improved?

I do actually. In the last 15 years bus routes have been tripled, frequency on most has been doubled/tripled. Standard of buses is great and they are always on time any time i use them. Sure they can still make more improvements but the curve is upwards. As an aside too much negativity is not good for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭RINO87

Be sure to make your feelings known at the ballot box Friday. We all, myself included, like to come on here to complain about sh1t but tomorrow we get a chance to make a difference.......

plus we cant go ringing joe duffy if we havent even bothered to vote!

RINO87 wrote: »
    Be sure to make your feelings known at the ballot box Friday. We all, myself included, like to come on here to complain about sh1t but tomorrow we get a chance to make a difference.......

plus we cant go ringing joe duffy if we havent even bothered to vote!
    We've got doctor Prendeville though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

They have finally done something at the Wellington bridge/Sunday’s well junction! Finally!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    They have finally done something at the Wellington bridge/Sunday’s well junction! Finally!
    Bout bloody time

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

@ The Lough last week

E6ePfRYl.jpg

dLkQsXkl.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

kuro2k wrote: »

What road is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

What road is that?

Lough Road, very close to Valentine Villas

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'm sure it's been mentioned here at length but the two roads circling the train station - by the quays and down by the station itself are appalling considering it's one of the main roads in/out of the city heading to the Dunkettle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been mentioned here at length but the two roads circling the train station - by the quays and down by the station itself are appalling considering it's one of the main roads in/out of the city heading to the Dunkettle

They have been/ are being dug up by irish water, along with the lower glanmire road, mccurtain Street, and currently on patricks quay..
    They keep going back and digging up bits here and there, so hopefully this is just a patch job while they're working on it,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

kuro2k wrote: »
    @ The Lough last week

E6ePfRYl.jpg

dLkQsXkl.jpg

Goodbye suspension, Hello sewer rats

Advertisement