Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Catastrophic condition of roads in Cork city (pic heavy thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

I noticed on my way into and out of work this morning on the N27 some serious pot holes on both sides by the petrol station (especially on the side going to the city). no doubt they will be shoddily patched up some night to give them another few months life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Treviso wrote: »
    I noticed on my way into and out of work this morning on the South link some serious pot holes on both sides by the petrol station (especially on the side going to the city). no doubt they will be shoddily patched up some night to give them another few months life.
    That's exactly where I'm on about,starts there,and as u come off the roundabout heading towards town there's a big **** off pothole around a manhole - literally could lose control if u hit it hard enough

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

The T junction at Lee Rd and Sunday's Well Rd is very bad, you're rocking in the car!!

Won't be for much longer, works are commencing there in the next few weeks to the junction, new traffic island, kerbing footpaths and the installation of traffic lights. Expect delays for the next 3 months or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Won't be for much longer, works are commencing there in the next few weeks to the junction, new traffic island, kerbing footpaths and the installation of traffic lights. Expect delays for the next 3 months or so....

Did they not put lights there several years ago and never switch them on? In fact, I think they even removed them again! WTF are they doing? Surface there is a disaster alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

That's exactly where I'm on about,starts there,and as u come off the roundabout heading towards town there's a big **** off pothole around a manhole - literally could lose control if u hit it hard enough

No I'm talking about the N27 closer to the Elysian, here - https://goo.gl/maps/pQVZzASKwwk

• Advertisement

Treviso wrote: »

No I'm talking about the N27 closer to the Elysian, here - https://goo.gl/maps/pQVZzASKwwk
    Sorry bud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I hadn't been out to Dunkettle in ages but I had the NCT in Little Island at the weekend and HOLY HELL at the state of the road both out and in to the city.

It's good between the flyover for the North Ring Road and the roundabout but everything else city-side is in an absolute state due to the underground mains works.

How are they allowed to dig up roads and leave them in this sort of state? How is it acceptable, especially for the main road into and out of the city? The mind boggles.

MacCurtain Street is the same now after similar works there. Just apalling surface conditions. :confused:

Almost every street in the City centre needs to be resurfaced, to be perfectly honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

This is Cork city very soon:

Those parasites responsible for this whole mess in cork need to go. Asap.

Just read some comment on Facebook and the fella hit the nail on the head, it's related to cork:

Some 3rd world country that looks like it has money but in reality it has loads but don't really have any!

well that was quick.

Fuk-You-Assholes04.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes01.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes02.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes03.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes09.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes11.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes10.jpg

Morons keep going back and fixing it instead of resurfacing it. And even after they resurface it, it will be bumpy. I bet ya it will be. Why? because they are morons that's why.

Fuk-You-Assholes08.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes05.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes07.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes06.jpg

• Advertisement

Diabhalta wrote: »
    Morons keep going back and fixing it instead of resurfacing it. And even after they resurface it, it will be bumpy. I bet ya it will be. Why? because they are morons that's why.

Fuk-You-Assholes08.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes05.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes07.jpg

Fuk-You-Assholes06.jpg
    We're actually living in the Congo - roads are gone to ****- council both city and county ate a waste of space where road maintenance is concerned and as for littering ---- don't go there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

I think I know the answer but has anybody ever sued the council for damage done to their car as a result of hitting one of the many pot holes on the roads ?

I think I know the answer but has anybody ever sued the council for damage done to their car as a result of hitting one of the many pot holes on the roads ?
    Yes know one guy in carrigaline,and one in bishoptown- successful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

@Diabhalta you should take your camera out to Rochestown, the road between the Rochestown Inn and Passage has reached new levels of shocking. Craters on the left side of the road coming from Passage. Drainage on that road is getting worse and is contributing to the terrible condition of the road.

@Diabhalta you should take your camera out to Rochestown, the road between the Rochestown Inn and Passage has reached new levels of shocking. Craters on the left side of the road coming from Passage. Drainage on that road is getting worse and is contributing to the terrible condition of the road.
    Carrigaline in places is also shiite

what the hell is this supposed to mean?

Councillors hit out at new City Hall €100k a year management role
    https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Councillors-hit-out-at-new-City-Hall-100k-a-year-management-role-21c7a5a6-ecd5-4237-ac9e-ea3268f4dbcc-ds

"The role will effectively be the second highest executive position at the local authority."

are they serious with this? 100K job about nothing. How is that justified? Absolutely unnecessary.

and this?

€3 million overspend on two Cork schools
    https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/3-million-overspend-on-two-Cork-schools-349db00e-9ef9-4955-af3b-349698f57bd1-ds

“Across these projects, the total amount paid was almost €12m more than the contracted price,” said Deputy McGrath.

Interesting indeed, but I think he actually forgot to add potholes to make it really 100% realistic and authentic.

20190822-034125.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

This is the local authority problem, they allowed to add another cable, pipe etc. Look what are all these companies done!!!They thinking, the hole are filled and no problem. On many countries the local authorities does not allow that kind BS. They organize all these jobs on same time if some area needs the new asphalt. After that 10year nobody does not have right to damage it. They install enough the plastic pipes to cover the future needs. Here nobody thinks about the future and most of the roads are...

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Lovely crater here in farran...wtf??

If i hit that on my motorcycle id be catapulted into the next town ffs...��

https://www.facebook.com/CooneysGarageCoachford/posts/2819654328061995

• Advertisement

AIB Victoria cross, no change here whatsoever. It's funny to watch everyone slowing down. The buses and lorries, they really go slow. The rattling and noise coming from them when they drive over this spot.

It's really hard to believe we are in Western Europe right? Absolutely no investment in the road infrastructure. Zero, just nothing. Wow, bunch of f-in losers.

f-u-c-k-the-Council.jpg

What's the purpose of this bulge anyway? Fine example of how not to fix the road. Some sort of poor attempt to make it better. Clowns.

WTFBulge.jpg

this is gonna be fixed when? This year, next year? Never?

Shi-tttttty-Road.jpg

???

Dopes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

The weather today has absolutely decimated some of the roads in the city. :/ The ones that were already falling apart now look like a third world country (Albert Quay, Centre Park Road etc) I noticed loads of new potholes on my way home from work tonight all over the place between McCurtain Street and Blackrock road.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Just think about all the nice roads that will be added when the boundary extension comes in at the end of may

So they decided to build couple of speed bumps but didn't bother resurfacing the road, leaving it bumpy. It basically means they won't be touching it for another few decades... Imbeciles.

Council-Dopes01.jpg

Council-Dopes02.jpg

niiiiiice.... well done, I applaud you.

Council-Dopes03.jpg

Council-Dopes04.jpg

Council-Dopes06.jpg

Council-Dopes07.jpg

Council-Dopes08.jpg

Council-Dopes05.jpg

Council-Dopes10.jpg

Council-Dopes09.jpg

Council-Dopes11.jpg

Council-Dopes12.jpg

Council-Dopes013.jpg

This has been "repaired" about 5-6 weeks ago. This is the current state. The repair (any repair) should last 5-6 years, not weeks.

Council-Dopes014.jpg

Council-Dopes015.jpg

Grand Parade, still in total bits. Still being repaired instead of being resurfaced. Pure geniuses.

GPwtf.jpg

GPwtf01.jpg

GPwtf02.jpg

GPwtf03.jpg

• Advertisement

Ireland is without a doubt the poorest and least progressive country in Western Europe.

Advertisement