Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Giveitfong wrote: »
    We also have to take into account the involvement of panel members in the Fitzgibbon Cup, which could affect their availability for Sunday. As far as I am aware, there are ten players on the panel who are also involved in the Fitzgibbon: Billy Nolan, Patrick Curran, Jack Prendergast, Colm Roche, Jordan Henley, Conor Prunty, Darragh Lyons, Michael Harney, Colin Dunford and Calum Lyons. Of these I believe that Darragh Lyons and Calum Lyons are injured. I also believe that Patrick Curran's hand injury has cleared up. Of these, Curran, Henley, Prunty, Harney and Dunford are due to be involved today or tomorrow.

Colin Dunford is finished college. He now works in Carlow IT I believe. Billy Nolan shouldn’t be overly impacted by dual involvement barring an injury. Prunty I imagine will want all the game time he can get to try to nail down the full back slot.
    Most of the others bar Curran are likely to be panelists but it’s not ideal having so many panellists involved with so many already unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Colin Dunford is finished college. He now works in Carlow IT I believe. Billy Nolan shouldn’t be overly impacted by dual involvement barring an injury. Prunty I imagine will want all the game time he can get to try to nail down the full back slot.
    Most of the others bar Curran are likely to be panelists but it’s not ideal having so many panellists involved with so many already unavailable.

Dunford played with Carlow IT last week, you can see him named on the panel attached

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

Colm Roche was also involved, albeit as a late substitute, with UCC in their win over UCD today, Andrew Casey of Ballyduff Upper and Neil Montgomery of Abbeyside also came on as substitutes, with Montgomery nailing a goal in stoppage time. Dara Lynch of Passage has started (and finished) both of UCC's games so far, in defence (right full back today).

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I have seen it all now, PTH2009 predicting a Waterford win in the hurling pools thread.

Time for me to retire methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

KevIRL wrote: »
    I have seen it all now, PTH2009 predicting a Waterford win in the hurling pools thread.

Time for me to retire methinks

Even I can't see us in the relegation zone

If we are too lose Sunday than blame me lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Giveitfong wrote: »
    Colm Roche was also involved, albeit as a late substitute, with UCC in their win over UCD today, Andrew Casey of Ballyduff Upper and Neil Montgomery of Abbeyside also came on as substitutes, with Montgomery nailing a goal in stoppage time. Dara Lynch of Passage has started (and finished) both of UCC's games so far, in defence (right full back today).

Casey and Montogomery were a couple of our best minors and under 21s the past couple of seasons. You’d be expecting the likes of these guys would be a shoe in to start for their college teams....??

Footballers also in action Sat night in Fraher Field vs Wicklow in the league. Be nice to get promotion but very hard division to get out of

Fixtures
    26th Jan- Wicklow (H)
    3rd Feb- Limerick (A)
    10th Feb- Derry (H)- Fraher Field 2pm
    24th Feb- Wexford (A)
    3rd Mar- Antrim (H)- Fraher Field 12.30pm (why not have a double header with the Galway game in Walsh Park ???)
    16th Mar- London (A)
    24th Mar- Leitrim (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ovalu

Casey and Montogomery were a couple of our best minors and under 21s the past couple of seasons. You’d be expecting the likes of these guys would be a shoe in to start for their college teams....??

Both very good players but both were taken off against cork last year in U21. Montgomery made little impression tho Casey played well but prob got taken off for being from the wrong club

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Footballers also in action Sat night in Fraher Field vs Wicklow in the league. Be nice to get promotion but very hard division to get out of

Fixtures
    26th Jan- Wicklow (H)
    3rd Feb- Limerick (A)
    10th Feb- Derry (H)- Fraher Field 2pm
    24th Feb- Wexford (A)
    3rd Mar- Antrim (H)- Fraher Field 12.30pm (why not have a double header with the Galway game in Walsh Park ???)
    16th Mar- London (A)
    24th Mar- Leitrim (A)

Think they’ll do well to finish midtable this year, saw them in the McGrath Cup and they seem to have been a few retirements like Tom O’Gorman, Stephen Prendergast in the backs and Gavin Crotty, Joey Veale and JJ Hutchinson is with Ballygunner

Think they’ll do well to finish midtable this year, saw them in the McGrath Cup and they seem to have been a few retirements like Tom O’Gorman, Stephen Prendergast in the backs and Gavin Crotty, Joey Veale and JJ Hutchinson is with Ballygunner

Gavin Crotty was a handy hurler too and was on a few Waterford panels

Why did he leave the hurling setup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

The team that got promoted to Div 3 a number of years back had a lot of lads who won the Munster U21 in 2003 and who lost the final to Cork in 2006.

From 2007 onwards there was a big drop off in standards. We went from being confident of beating most teams in Munster and Leinster bar the top ones to getting hammered off everyone. Tipp would be a great example of a county we were pretty equal in standard to generally, and then they totally left us for dust after getting their act together at the same time as we went backwards.

So the lads on the senior team now came through those lean years, and you'll expect that they'll continue to struggle for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

I can't wait for Sunday. Will the team be announced tonight or tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭enoughtaken

B Nolan
    S Fives
    S McNulty
    N Connors
    C Prunty
    T De Burca
    M Walsh
    K Moran
    M Kearney
    DJ Foran
    M O'Brien
    Sh Bennett
    T Ryan
    Ste Bennett
    B O'Halloran

B Nolan
    S Fives
    S McNulty
    N Connors
    C Prunty
    T De Burca
    M Walsh
    K Moran
    M Kearney
    DJ Foran
    M O'Brien
    Sh Bennett
    T Ryan
    Ste Bennett
    B O'Halloran

Does Brick really need to start ??

Interesting team, looking forward too Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Mulbert

Good team, best of luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭independent11

Does Brick really need to start ??

Interesting team, looking forward too Sunday

Why not ? I’m sure he has put in as much effort as anyone else on the panel. If anything, others on the team will benefit from playing with someone who has the experience he has. He hardly trained over recent months to be considered as someone who doesn’t need to start

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Half time in the harty cup semi final. Middleton a point up, 0-7 to 0-6. Tough conditions, dls have wind for second half

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Full time Middleton 1-11 DLS 0-12

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Absolute heart break for dls, leading by a point 3 mins into injury and a long range free dropped into the net, Middleton won 1-11 to 0-12. To make it worse the free was a harsh call too.

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    Absolute heart break for dls, leading by a point 3 mins into injury and a long range free dropped into the net, Middleton won 1-11 to 0-12. To make it worse the free was a harsh call too.

Very hard way too lose a game but the lads can hold there heads up high excellent campaign for them

• Advertisement

Footballers in the lead 0-7- 0-1 at HT vs Wicklow

Bit of a shock atm in the hurling
    Dublin 1-6 Carlow 0-11 HT

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭IanVW

Footballers in the lead 0-7- 0-1 at HT vs Wicklow

Bit of a shock atm in the hurling
    Dublin 1-6 Carlow 0-11 HT

Not really

IanVW wrote: »
    Not really

Thought it would be

Can see Dublin getting back into it too win it

We can't take any team lightly

Balls footballers lose 1-7- 0-9

Dublin running out 6pts winners in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DLS2THECORE

Maurice Shanahan has rejoined the hurling panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

IanVW wrote: »
    Not really

Carlow are no pushovers, they are in the Leinster championship proper this year in place of Offaly so a sign of the progress they’ve made under Colm Bonner.

Anyway, I’d rather see us get a good test off these teams instead of steamrolling over them.

On route too Thurles now

Not expecting a huge crowd

Only new stand open up here

Small enough crowd

Decent half but a few easy goal chances missed

Stephen Bennett playing well. Seems we're playing attack

Shane fives off injured replaced by Jordon Henley

• Advertisement

Decent win in the end against a poor Offaly side

Stephen Bennett was immense and if he can keep that form up all year he will be a superstar. Subs who came on played well as did Dj Foran, Tommy Ryan

Laois next sunday who scored 2-16 away too Galway and Eddie Brennan in charge of them. Will be a tougher challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement