Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Mulbert

Plus Peter Hogan hasn't suddenly got called up to the senior panel, I'd say this is his third year been involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

What time is the game starting on Sunday in Fraher Field?
    Wooly hats will be needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2pm, it was originally 3pm

I think The footballers face Clare in the McGrath cup semi final at 1pm in Ballinacourty the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 49 OldBoro

2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Early in the year yet i know, but does anyone know who is on the extended panel at the minute out of curiosity?

• Advertisement

The Waterford Senior Hurling Team to face Clare in tomorrows Co-Op Superstores Munster Hurling League game has been announced...

1. Billy Nolan (Roanmore)
    2. Darragh Lyons (Dungarvan)
    3. Conor Prunty (Abbeyside)
    4. Noel Connors (Passage) - Captain
    5. Micheal Harney (Bunmahon)
    6. Austin Gleeson (Mount Sion)
    7. Kieran Bennett (Ballysaggart)
    8. Jamie Barron (Fourmilewater)
    9. Stephen Roche (Mount Sion)
    10. Colin Dunford (Colligan)
    11. Shane Bennett (Ballysaggart)
    12. DJ Foran (Portlaw)
    13. Thomas Ryan (Tallow)
    14. Stephen Bennett (Ballysaggart)
    15. Jack Prendergast (Lismore)

Best of Luck to Pauric Fanning, his management team and all the Panel!

Throw in is at 2pm in Fraher Field! Show your support!

#Deiseabú

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice looking team be interesting to see how prunty goes at full back. When was the last time three brothers started a senior game for Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

KevIRL wrote: »
    Nice looking team be interesting to see how prunty goes at full back. When was the last time three brothers started a senior game for Waterford?

Probably the Bennett’s 2 years ago

Probably the Bennett’s 2 years ago

What game did they all start? I can't remember off the top of my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Deiselurker

Did they all start the All Ireland final or was it just Kieran and Shane?
    Anyway the team above shows the management are not ignoring players from junior clubs as Bonmahon and I think Colligan too are junior.

Did they all start the All Ireland final or was it just Kieran and Shane?
    Anyway the team above shows the management are not ignoring players from junior clubs as Bonmahon and I think Colligan too are junior.

Just Kieran and Shane. Think Stephen replaced Shane as it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Just Kieran and Shane. Think Stephen replaced Shane as it happens

Maurice replaced Shane. Stephen was an unused sub as far as I recall. Maurice, O’Halloran, Ryan, Dunford and Curran were the ones introduced if memory serves me right.

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Maurice replaced Shane. Stephen was an unused sub as far as I recall. Maurice, O’Halloran, Ryan, Dunford and Curran were the ones introduced if memory serves me right.

Ah yes, I stand corrected

so Maurice quietly retired or is he taking a year out like Jake Dillion ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so Maurice quietly retired or is he taking a year out like Jake Dillion ??

Unconfirmed as far as I’m aware. He started off training with the panel and left around the same time as Tom Devine was forced into taking a break. Maurice has left the panel before so maybe he will return. Would have thought with Tom gone and Paudie missing some of the league there was a big opening for him to nail down a starting spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

Unconfirmed as far as I’m aware. He started off training with the panel and left around the same time as Tom Devine was forced into taking a break. Maurice has left the panel before so maybe he will return. Would have thought with Tom gone and Paudie missing some of the league there was a big opening for him to nail down a starting spot.

Sorry if this has been asked already but why is Devine gone from the panel?

Simo08 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already but why is Devine gone from the panel?

Career commitments

Career commitments

And after effects of a concussion received in the intermediate football county final. Hopefully if he makes a full recovery from that he might be able to juggle the work commitments, although he would be the exception to the rule if he did manage to do so. A huge loss to the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

And after effects of a concussion received in the intermediate football county final. Hopefully if he makes a full recovery from that he might be able to juggle the work commitments, although he would be the exception to the rule if he did manage to do so. A huge loss to the panel.

I wouldn’t be holding my breath on Devine from what I’ve heard. He’s made his mind up that he’s pretty much done with the inter county scene for good. even if he did make a u-turn 2 or 3 years further down the line he’d hardly be the same player after that long out of the game.

Disappointing but that’s life and you move on

• Advertisement

Is the reason for no double header with the McGrath cup Waterford v Clare game just down to the pitch not taking two games at this time of year? Or just more pi$$ poor organisation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Is the reason for no double header with the McGrath cup Waterford v Clare game just down to the pitch not taking two games at this time of year? Or just more pi$$ poor organisation?

I can’t think when was the last time there was a double header with the hurlers and footballers, even when both were playing at home the same day

I can’t think when was the last time there was a double header with the hurlers and footballers, even when both were playing at home the same day

It was originally scheduled as a double header I believe. Can only be down to the pitch that it’s changed as the football game was moved ever before the hurling was brought forward an hour.

Decent crowd here in Dungarvan. Word just announced on the tannoy that HT in the football is Clare 1-8 waterord 0-2

Lovely day for it

Clare 8 2 ahead after 13 mins

Clare 1-14 Waterford 1-5 HT. Stephen Bennett with all the scores. The goal coming on the half hour the only one from play

1-17 1-11. Twenty to go

Second Clare goal after Waterford had got it back to 4

Clare 2-20 Waterford 3-16. Mad finish to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Good positive workout. Clare seem to be ahead of us with their preparation but if nothing else we found a fullback. Prunty was outstanding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement