Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Relhcstirt wrote: »
    Sure it will. PJR says the covered stand should be ready anyhow.
    Definately wont we outside the county.

Wouldn't believe a word out of that mans mouth.

Tipp match is not til 10th may 2020 so if they start work November of this year we might have the stand and maybe dressing rooms done in time. Not a hope the whole thing be done

We prob play our league home games in Fraher Field

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

Relhcstirt wrote: »
    Sure it will. PJR says the covered stand should be ready anyhow.
    Definately wont we outside the county.

Ah it must be true so, he wouldn’t lie or make false promises in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I heard they've applied to take part in the next season of Room to Improve.

Dermot will have his work cut out to get this open plan stadium project, incorporating a percola and a home office for members of the county board, over the line with a limited budget and wacky owners who keep changing the spec.

Expect the wrong windows to be ordered, a woefully underfunded contingency budget, and a last minute call to Dermot Gavin to sort out the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

What caused the delay that prevented it being done between the Limerick game and now?

I'd rather they held off now to be honest, doubt they'll get it completed on time and we can't go on the road again after 2018.

Was it not said there is a delay in receiving the government funding part of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

When are the league fixtures out? I hope they clarify all the venues before the season tickets go on sale so we know what we're signing up for.

• Advertisement

Is there any chance of an upset at all on Sunday? If Ballygunner have a sort of off day, can DLS win?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Is there any chance of an upset at all on Sunday? If Ballygunner have a sort of off day, can DLS win?

Ballygunner are a very well oiled machine at this stage and it will take a serious effort from DLS to beat them, who I think are probably the only team in the county who I would give an outside chance to.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

DeiseDawg wrote: »
    Was it not said there is a delay in receiving the government funding part of it?

Yeah that's the main issue. Seemingly the GAA have pledged funding as well but that's contingent on the government funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Hard to blame the CB for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BlueFox90

I think Ballygunner by 6/7 but as mentioned by other poster De La Salle on their day would be the only team in county id fancy putting it up to them. They still have some fine hurlers and don't have any fear of Ballygunner so here is hoping it is competitive anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

The thing to ask yourself is WHY is there a delay?! I’m sure incompetence isn’t a word they’ll understand but they need to understand it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭EYEBALLSOUT

Ballygunner to win by 7.
    Dls are missing that bit of bottle they had when Mullane was in his pomp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Is Mullane still playing club?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

sasta le wrote: »
    Is Mullane still playing club?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

DLS would need Moran fully fit. He clearly wasn't against Mt Sion after the injury against Roanmore. Without Jake Dillon Mt Sion could have beaten them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

No

When he finish up?Hes only young

sasta le wrote: »
    When he finish up?Hes only young

Not sure but he's nearly 39, hard to maintain when your game is based on pace.

Thought DLS forwards did not look nearly as well coached as BGs in terms of movement and use of the ball further back the field. Even MT Sion I actually thought played the better hurling in this regard only DLS physically were far superior. They should be capable of pushing BG, but they'll need to be much better at working scores than they were in the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thesaturdayman

DLS would need Moran fully fit. He clearly wasn't against Mt Sion after the injury against Roanmore. Without Jake Dillon Mt Sion could have beaten them.

is this the same jake dillon that got dogs abuse under dereks reign?

the same one that apparently was only on the team due to his club man managing him?

and the same jake dillon who has consistently been one of best club hurlers in county last 6-7 years?

just checking....:rolleyes:

Jake has been very good for DLS in fairness and when Michael Ryan brought him into the county set up he looked a great prospect. His name had been mentioned for years online as one of the great prospects coming through. Ironically under Derek he was made to look worse as he was more a work horse and often made huge impacts without the headlines. He usually stepped up in Croke Park too from memory although my memories are often rose tinted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BlueFox90

is this the same jake dillon that got dogs abuse under dereks reign?

the same one that apparently was only on the team due to his club man managing him?

and the same jake dillon who has consistently been one of best club hurlers in county last 6-7 years?

just checking....:rolleyes:

I am sure if Jake was hurling for a West Waterford club he would be lauded. It actually works against some of the city players who are deemed to have close relationship with previous management whether true or not. Barry Coughlan another who got a raw deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭blueflame

Jake has been very good for DLS in fairness and when Michael Ryan brought him into the county set up he looked a great prospect. His name had been mentioned for years online as one of the great prospects coming through. Ironically under Derek he was made to look worse as he was more a work horse and often made huge impacts without the headlines. He usually stepped up in Croke Park too from memory although my memories are often rose tinted.

Have to agree with this - Jake Dillon was and still is a really fine hurler. Extremely intelligent hurler, good ball winner surprisingly enough and a superb finisher - from memory (and I could be wrong) he played full forward for WIT when they won the Fitzgibbon and was probably their outstanding player that year.

I honestly believe he was one of the many talented forwards who suffered under Derek's ultra negative tactics and formation, where he ran himself into the ground, running around the middle of the field, or fighting in a lone role up front. Unfortunately i believe that much of the unfair adjudication that came his was was because of his and Derek's common association with DLS and he is one player I would like to see given another shot by the new management

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

Jake Dillon was a fantastic player for Waterford, the work he put in, something savage.

I think all sports capital grants were delayed/reduced due to the overspend in the childrens hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

BlueFox90 wrote: »
    I am sure if Jake was hurling for a West Waterford club he would be lauded. It actually works against some of the city players who are deemed to have close relationship with previous management whether true or not. Barry Coughlan another who got a raw deal.

Whatever about Dillon but Coughlan wouldn’t have been an arses roar of the Waterford panel only for McGrath. He didnt even make FB for the co u21s.

Dillon I remember from underage days had phenomanal pace but the time he got to senior it seemed to have left him and he adjusted his game and ended up being a completely different type of player that everyone thought he was going to be.
    But yea I’d be in favour of bringing him back in, particularly if Stephen Bennett is unavailable next year

Agree re Dillon he was much better than people gave him credit for, don't think City players are prejudiced against however especially Barry Coughlan. But he did play full back for the 21s against Cork in 2010 when they got hammered below in Pairc ui chaoimh.

The county final is hardly being televised is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Whatever about Dillon but Coughlan wouldn’t have been an arses roar of the Waterford panel only for McGrath. He didnt even make FB for the co u21s.

Dillon I remember from underage days had phenomanal pace but the time he got to senior it seemed to have left him and he adjusted his game and ended up being a completely different type of player that everyone thought he was going to be.
    But yea I’d be in favour of bringing him back in, particularly if Stephen Bennett is unavailable next year

Was coughlan not nominated for an all star. ? Also not many bad hurlers get to play with ballygunnet for as long as he has without being a good hurler.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

The county final is hardly being televised is it?

No

anyone knw when the new jersey range is out ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭thesultan

Who is in the minor hurling final?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement