Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Darragh broke down again in training apparently. You have to wonder and just for his own well-being would he be better to walk away? He has had zero luck with injuries over the years. Such a shame as he is a class act. Hamstring again.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Cake Man wrote: »
    The Clare game won't be at all easy but it is surely our most winnable game and one in which I think we simply have to win if we have any hope of getting out of Munster. If we were to lose it, it would be difficult to see us go on to beat Tipp (away), Limerick and Cork (away). Realistically, we'd have to win at least two of those.

It's uncertain what game after Clare would be the next most "winnable". Possibly Tipp but that's purely due to them potentially being a bit all over the place lately and Thurles being as good as a home ground for us as it is for them. I'm sure the lads will also use last years phantom goal debacle as motivation too. How we do here could depend on how the first game goes in terms of result and injury/suspension list.

Limerick at home will be another huge test, they'll likely be the best team we face but we at least have home advantage and will be keen to get one over on them for the league final. At the least, we'd be hoping to show we've learned from the mistakes of that game and make I a much closer contest.

Win that first game and it would put us in a position where possibly one other win would likely be enough to progress. Munster really is a minefield and anyone could really beat anyone on the day.

Clare will be without Conor Cleary (suspended) and I read recently Colm Galvin has picked up an injury in training so he'd be a loss if that is the case. Tony Kelly is an excellent player but like Aussie, has a tendency to drift in and out of games.

Really can't wait for it to start.

If Colm Galvin is out Waterford will win. Galvin is Clares most important player. They really need him for his passing and mopping up. The guy is an amazing player and makes Clare tick. I think Waterford have gotten the worst draw possible with Clare. Clare can be relentless when the moons align and are the type of team that Waterford dont match up well with. Should be a good contest but I see Clare starting well and leading all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

The time leading up to the championship is where teams tend to keep to themselves so that puts the rumour mill in full swing. I’d take everything I read with a pinch of salt lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

BloodyBill wrote: »
    If Colm Galvin is out Waterford will win. Galvin is Clares most important player. They really need him for his passing and mopping up. The guy is an amazing player and makes Clare tick. I think Waterford have gotten the worst draw possible with Clare. Clare can be relentless when the moons align and are the type of team that Waterford dont match up well with. Should be a good contest but I see Clare starting well and leading all the way through.

What do you mean worst possible draw? As in Clare will definitely win so we'd be better off having them away and a better chance against Cork or Tipp?

Barring last year, there's not much evidence Waterford don't match up well with Clare. And we should be in a much better place this year regarding confidence, hopefully not losing 4 of our backs in the first half (as well as being down 3 others who started the AI final from the off), and with home advantage. If we can keep 15 men on the field as well, would expect us to at the very least to be right in it at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

The senior hurlers open training session at Walsh park for tomorrow night has been cancelled, public won't be allowed in. Not sure reason for late cancellation but definitely cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Ahead of Waterford’s opening Munster hurling tie against Clare on 12 May, Fanning is optimistic about their injury situation.

“There was about 15 of them out at one stage. We have one or two tweaks that some lads have that may or may not get over the line. But in the overall context I think everyone is back.

“Shane Fives is back, Darragh (Fives) still has a little bit of an injury at the moment. Conor Gleeson is very close. But again we’ve just got to gauge. This week will tell a lot for us. They’re only coming back from the club games now.

“So we’re only really getting back into the full swing, two weeks out from the championship.”

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Clare have there own injury worries too with Ian Galvin, Jamie Shanahan and Conor McGrath have all been ruled out

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Ahead of Waterford’s opening Munster hurling tie against Clare on 12 May, Fanning is optimistic about their injury situation.

“There was about 15 of them out at one stage. We have one or two tweaks that some lads have that may or may not get over the line. But in the overall context I think everyone is back.

“Shane Fives is back, Darragh (Fives) still has a little bit of an injury at the moment. Conor Gleeson is very close. But again we’ve just got to gauge. This week will tell a lot for us. They’re only coming back from the club games now.

“So we’re only really getting back into the full swing, two weeks out from the championship.”
    Only getting back. Sure weren't they in Portugal last week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭carter10

Relhcstirt wrote: »

ahem, they were sight seeing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Relhcstirt wrote: »

Looks like they were
    https://m.imgur.com/LCq03FY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Rte hurling games..
    Looks like just the cork game is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

deise08 wrote: »
    Rte hurling games..
    Looks like just the cork game is missing.

Cork game on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

all 4 games televised is really fantastic for those who can't travel to matches.

puzl wrote: »
    all 4 games televised is really fantastic for those who can't travel to matches.

More like fantastic for those who 'wont' travel for matches. It makes for a fantastic 2019 if the support does come out. Its sad when the 2 counties that need the most support ie Clare and Waterford have the least support. And I say that in the knowledge that the other 3 counties have much bigher populations. Let's get out and support especially for the away matches where its needed most.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

But still fantastic for those who *can't* travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I asked the club lotto lad about the ticket sit-chu tonight, just outta interest, you know. They had 38 applications...

Really?! Now that you mention it...

...looking for 150 tickets.

Oh. Right you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Deisefacts

deiseach wrote: »
    I asked the club lotto lad about the ticket sit-chu tonight, just outta interest, you know. They had 38 applications...

Oh. Right you are.

If the senior clubs get 5 stand tickets and the intermediate/junior clubs get that means Waterford clubs will get anywhere from 200 to 250 stand tickets. Am I right in saying that? How many those the stand in Walsh park hold? Is it 3,750 for the match. Am I getting these figures right?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Deisefacts wrote: »
    If the senior clubs get 5 stand tickets and the intermediate/junior clubs get that means Waterford clubs will get anywhere from 200 to 250 stand tickets. Am I right in saying that? How many those the stand in Walsh park hold? Is it 3,750 for the match. Am I getting these figures right?

Ya it doesn’t add up to me either. 4 stand tickets x 50 Clubs is 200. Say 4 tickets per panel / management / backroom team if we put that at 60 which is probably overstating it would be 240. Waterford season ticket holders amount to circa 700 so we have accounted for roughly 1150 stand tickets. I presume Club Déise officers, sponsors, board members etc have access to a fair amount, let’s call that another 300 for arguments sake.. that still only leaves us around 1500 stand tickets. I’m presuming Clare season ticket holders are in the terrace and not the stand.
    Am I missing something very obvious or how are the figures so low for the stand? I took the stand capacity to be between 3,000 and 3,500.

deiseach wrote: »

Oh. Right you are.

From the talk around clubs around me the demand hasn’t been particularly high thus far. Would be hugely disappointing if the fans don’t turn up to take advantage of the home games. Especially after all the moaning on social media about last years “home” games.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Ya it doesn’t add up to me either. 4 stand tickets x 50 Clubs is 200. Say 4 tickets per panel / management / backroom team if we put that at 60 which is probably overstating it would be 240. Waterford season ticket holders amount to circa 700 so we have accounted for roughly 1150 stand tickets. I presume Club Déise officers, sponsors, board members etc have access to a fair amount, let’s call that another 300 for arguments sake.. that still only leaves us around 1500 stand tickets. I’m presuming Clare season ticket holders are in the terrace and not the stand.
    Am I missing something very obvious or how are the figures so low for the stand? I took the stand capacity to be between 3,000 and 3,500.

Do the players and backroom staff have too pay for the tickets or are they complimentary ???. Same with sponsors and board members

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 goldfinger4296

Clare season ticket holders are in the stand as well. We have about 1000 season ticket holders in Clare.

Clare season ticket holders are in the stand as well. We have about 1000 season ticket holders in Clare.

Has this been confirmed? I took it from a question I asked in the Clare forum that ye were in the terrace, as is always the case in Cusack Park.
    Would somewhat explain missing numbers from stand however. Strange to be allocating Clare some of stand and a terrace I would think.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Do the players and backroom staff have too pay for the tickets or are they complimentary ???. Same with sponsors and board members

Players get a certain amount complimentary and pay for extra tickets after. I imagine it’s similar for sponsors and board officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 goldfinger4296

Has this been confirmed? I took it from a question I asked in the Clare forum that ye were in the terrace, as is always the case in Cusack Park.
    Would somewhat explain missing numbers from stand however. Strange to be allocating Clare some of stand and a terrace I would think.

All season ticket holders are in the stand. The email we received says it. It's terrace in Ennis as we have a stand made from Lego that can hold only the chosen few .

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Does anyone want to make a guess at a team

Sok
    Lyons / McNulty
    Conor Gleeson
    Noel
    Aussie
    Tdb
    Philip Mahoney
    Moran
    Jamie
    Roche / Hogan
    Padraig Mahony
    Kearney
    Shane B
    Stephen B
    Tommy Ryan / P Curran

Or will Brick start??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

In fairness if we cant cant fill 11k home in MSHC for the first time in years then something is seriously wrong, would make the Carriganore 25k idea laughable

Players get a certain amount complimentary and pay for extra tickets after. I imagine it’s similar for sponsors and board officers.

Clares stand just doesn't have the capacity to accommodate more than a few hundred. That's why they have to accommodate opposition fans in the terrace. Walsh Park has a much bigger stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

In fairness if we cant cant fill 11k home in MSHC for the first time in years then something is seriously wrong, would make the Carriganore 25k idea laughable

It will sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

There's 2 minor panels and backroom teams as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

All season ticket holders are in the stand. The email we received says it. It's terrace in Ennis as we have a stand made from Lego that can hold only the chosen few .

And minor players get tickets too so you wouldn't be long using them up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement