Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Tickets for the two away games are up on tickets.ie now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Maurice was in stunning form for Lismore a couple of weeks back and he definitely has the hunger in his legs for half forward based on that performance. I get the feeling he has deceptive speed as he seems to go on mazy runs with good ability to shield the ball as his awareness of danger around him has improved over the years. Maybe that's covering for pace.

I'm surprised to see Philip Mahony's position questioned as he has along with Noel Connors been one of our most reliable and consistent defenders over the years. I agree that he doesn't dominate games in the way Gleeson might but he usually gets the better of the man he is marking.

Prunty was full back in the Munster League Game v Clare, and in the national league against Offaly, Laois and Dublin (until injured) and I think will be our full back for the year once injury free.

For Aussie, I think he will be wing forward for the year. In a perfect world, he's our centre back but hasn't secured a position there this year. What he's capable of doing is different to what he's currently doing and for me, he's wing forward this year and hopefully wins himself an all star by leading our attack.

Agree on Philip Mahony. He’s the kind of player you would only realise how much he brings when he’s not there. He’s a vital cog in the half backline in terms of presence, aggression and does so much spade work. He’s never going to be the one fetching balls out of the sky and delivering cross field passes to the forwards from 50/60 yards. We’ve plenty other lads can do that.

But a very experienced campaigner and understands and executes his role brilliantly. A shoe-in for me

• Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Clare 1-3 Waterford 0-3 HT in Minor football championship

Waterford 2-7 Clare 1-9 FT. Came back from 6 points down at one stage

• Registered Users Posts: 37,870 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

KevIRL wrote: »
    Waterford 2-7 Clare 1-9 FT. Came back from 6 points down at one stage

Great result but sadly miss out on a place in the final due too scoring difference

2 wins from 3 is very good and the squad and management should be proud of themselves

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Great result but sadly miss out on a place in the final due too scoring difference

2 wins from 3 is very good and the squad and management should be proud of themselves

Win and a draw, no?

Win and a draw, no?

My bad thought we beat Limerick

Anyway great campaign after a bad beating in the first game. Tipp who hammered us only drew with Limerick too

Season ticket emails sent out

Adults €15 (€5 discount included)Juveniles €5

Waterford v Clare - Sunday May 12th, Walsh Park.

Season Ticket holders will be seated in the Stand with Unreserved Seating in operation.Season Ticket holders must present their Season Ticket card for scanning.No charge for Season Ticket Holders."Bring a Friend" option not available

Tipperary v Waterford - Sunday May 19th, Semple Stadium.

Ardan O Coinneain, ReservedSeating, E-ticketsPay & Play applies.Opt Out available until 23:59 on Tues May 14th"Bring a Friend" now available until 23:59 on Sun May 5th or until stocks last.

Waterford v Limerick - Sunday June 2nd, Walsh Park.

Season Ticket holders will be seated in the Stand with Unreserved Seating in operation.Season Ticket holders must present their Season Ticket card for scanning.Pay & Play applies.Opt Out available until 23:59 on Tues May 28th."Bring a Friend" option not available.

Cork v Waterford - Saturday June 8th, Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

North Stand. Reserved Seating, E-Tickets.Pay & Play applies.Opt Out Available until 23:59 on Tues June 4th"Bring a Friend" option now available until 23:59 on Sun May 5th or until stocks last.

E-Tickets:

For the Reserved Seating fixtures listed above, you will be required to download an E-ticket and present this for scanning at the venue.

Your E-ticket(s) will be added to your account by 3pm on Wednesday prior to each fixture.E-tickets can then be downloaded and printed onto an A4 sheet or they can be downloaded to a smartphone and then scanned directly from the phone's screen at the turnstiles.E-tickets must be downloaded in advance of a fixture as there will not be a facility in place to print tickets at the various venues.

​For the Unreserved fixtures Season Ticket holders will be required to present their Season Ticket card for scanning at the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

On a serious note, Wasnt there counties banned and/or fined for not adhering to 'April for clubs' last year? What exactly is the story with it?

On the GAA hour podcast it was mentioned that this year counties can get permission from Croke Park to go on foreign training camps although I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Last year Wexford players paid for their trips out of their own pockets and were refunded the money by the county board in order to blur any audit trail. Perhaps this isn't necessary though this year.
    Was speaking with one of the player's yesterday. You can apply to the GAA to go on a training camp once it's 3 weeks or less before your first championship match.

Walsh Park ticket question

with all season ticket holders in Waterford and Clare/Limerick getting 'tickets' too the games through gaining addmisson with there cards. Is it possible too many might show up and not be allowed in as they might go over capacity ???. Would having an invitation system for ST holders where you would have too accept if you want too attend the game/s and get a print at home ticket so the games. If you dont accept those tickets would go back into the pool for clubs

Its going to be an electric atmosphere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Walsh Park ticket question

with all season ticket holders in Waterford and Clare/Limerick getting 'tickets' too the games through gaining addmisson with there cards. Is it possible too many might show up and not be allowed in as they might go over capacity ???. Would having an invitation system for ST holders where you would have too accept if you want too attend the game/s and get a print at home ticket so the games. If you dont accept those tickets would go back into the pool for clubs

Its going to be an electric atmosphere

No, theyll only release as many tickets to clubs at capacity minus the number of season tickets issued for both counties. Realistically nearly all season ticket holders will turn up anyway.

Club allocation for Clare match

Senior - 4 stand plus 35 terrace
    Intermediate/Junior - 4 Stand plus 30 terrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

It's going to be a great day. I hope the players aren't put off by the occasion and really put on a show!! Clare fans will be loud and we need to be louder!!! This is Walsh Park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Mulbert

Club allocation for Clare match

Senior - 4 stand plus 35 terrace
    Intermediate/Junior - 4 Stand plus 30 terrace

Where did u get those figures from? Thats the minimum each club gets?

Mulbert wrote: »

Colligan GAA club FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

That’s the revised maximum, not minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭IanVW

IanVW wrote: »

Cant wait

Will they start redevelopment this summer and have it done for Championship 2020 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

It's looking great in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

The pitch is looking in super condition in fairness. There are other works going on too, there was concrete being poured during the week, some general improvements to have the ground ready for championship.

Can't wait for the home games...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Pitch looks good alright. Have my fears about the Clare match. Despite the easy league win we could be in for a torrid time like they gave us last year in ennis. Shane o’donnell Could beat us on his own......apparently he is hitting top form in training and has ferocious hunger to Regin the form he had back in 2013.........him along with Duggan , kelly etc and we could well be ‘torn a new one’ even if we have gone advantage...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Pitch looks good alright. Have my fears about the Clare match. Despite the easy league win we could be in for a torrid time like they gave us last year in ennis. Shane o’donnell Could beat us on his own......apparently he is hitting top form in training and has ferocious hunger to Regin the form he had back in 2013.........him along with Duggan , kelly etc and we could well be ‘torn a new one’ even if we have gone advantage...:(

Is that you PTH2009?

Is that you PTH2009?

No but I have the same worry tbh. Munster is so unpredictable. A win would be fantastic.

Only 2 weeks away cant wait time has flown

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

I was listening to Anthony Daly on wlr on Friday evening discussing the upcoming game in Walsh park and his previous experiences of the ground, etc. He told a story about clarecastle being due to play Ballygunner at the venue in the late 90s but the game was called off because of the weather, and it was refixed for thurles the following weekend.

I don't remember this myself, but it seems very odd to me that a team that has home advantage would lose that advantage due to something like weather, anyone on here know any more about this? I've been thinking about it since and I can't recall either this situation, or indeed a similar scenario where a team was denied home advantage in such a manner. Seems very unfair to me. I do know Ballygunner lost the game by a narrow margin

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Mulbert

Road-Hog wrote: »

There are far better players on that Clare team to be worrying about that O'Donnell. Conlan for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

There are far better players on that Clare team to be worrying about that O'Donnell. Conlan for one.

O Donnell is one of the best most consistent forwards in the game. He could have easily been an All Star last year. The guy always delivers..he holds up ball, scores,always a goal threat. Hed be on my best 15 hurlers over the last 5 years every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭deisedude

BloodyBill wrote: »

O Donnell is one of the best most consistent forwards in the game. He could have easily been an All Star last year. The guy always delivers..he holds up ball, scores,always a goal threat. Hed be on my best 15 hurlers over the last 5 years every single time.

That's just ridiculous

I wonder how they will deal with the people standing at the back and sitting on the steps in the stand for the games

Surely H&S hazards for Championship games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭Cake Man

The Clare game won't be at all easy but it is surely our most winnable game and one in which I think we simply have to win if we have any hope of getting out of Munster. If we were to lose it, it would be difficult to see us go on to beat Tipp (away), Limerick and Cork (away). Realistically, we'd have to win at least two of those.

It's uncertain what game after Clare would be the next most "winnable". Possibly Tipp but that's purely due to them potentially being a bit all over the place lately and Thurles being as good as a home ground for us as it is for them. I'm sure the lads will also use last years phantom goal debacle as motivation too. How we do here could depend on how the first game goes in terms of result and injury/suspension list.

Limerick at home will be another huge test, they'll likely be the best team we face but we at least have home advantage and will be keen to get one over on them for the league final. At the least, we'd be hoping to show we've learned from the mistakes of that game and make I a much closer contest.

Win that first game and it would put us in a position where possibly one other win would likely be enough to progress. Munster really is a minefield and anyone could really beat anyone on the day.

Clare will be without Conor Cleary (suspended) and I read recently Colm Galvin has picked up an injury in training so he'd be a loss if that is the case. Tony Kelly is an excellent player but like Aussie, has a tendency to drift in and out of games.

Really can't wait for it to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭914

I wonder how they will deal with the people standing at the back and sitting on the steps in the stand for the games

Surely H&S hazards for Championship games

The stewrads will tell them that they can't stand there due to health and safety and will need to sit in a seat. Simple really

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement