Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Horseboxhead

What is the situation , with all the Injuries, when are these guys back, as you need everyone, So Conor Prunty, i hear he's about two weeks away?, Tadgh , not sure any update?, Darragh Fives, any update?, Shane Fives?, Conor Gleeson?, is Darragh lyons Fully fit?, is O'Halloran Injured?. Well???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Apparently tickets are selling well for Sunday so get them ASAP if you need one. Season ticket holders in Ardan de Gras and that is close to selling out according to email sent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭liogairmhordain

Apparently tickets are selling well for Sunday so get them ASAP if you need one. Season ticket holders in Ardan de Gras and that is close to selling out according to email sent today.

Is it assigned seating or sit where you like?

Is it assigned seating or sit where you like?

Unreserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Unreserved.

Where can you buy the tickets....? Centra etc as usual

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

Thanks for heads up - have just bought on GAA website - there is a seat number on ticket but presume that doesn't apply when its a double header.

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Where can you buy the tickets....? Centra etc as usual

Tickets.ie have them anyway and that usually means Centra, SuperValu etc have them.

Here's the message that was sent to season ticket holders:

Please be aware that the Ardan de Gras Stand in Nowlan Park is nearly sold out and anyone without a Season Ticket or Match ticket for the Ardan de Gras stand will not gain entry into that stand. The Allianz Hurling League Semi Finals is an all ticket event.

If you are planning on bringing any Juveniles, Family or Friends along with you to this fixture we advise that you pre purchase Ardan de Gras stand tickets as soon as possible.

It doesn't mention the other stand so there could plenty of space there. That one is only covered between the 45's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

DiscoStew wrote: »
    I’m a bit confused by this. You have a full back who has never played the position, .

Actually beg to differ on this. Darragh Fives has played fullback, I remember specifically a Munster u21 game v Tipp in Thurles a few years back when we were robbed by a dodgy ref the same day.

Has never even been considered there at senior level though so cant see him going back there at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

TDB got concussed in one of the opening games of the league and had been suffering from strong headaches after so they didn’t want to take any chances with that. He’s training away so that’s a good sign. Darragh Fives is in full training too but since there’s no need to rush him back they’d prefer to wait that while longer. The latter and Conor Gleeson will play with their clubs in April and hopefully get a few challenge games under their belts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Actually beg to differ on this. Darragh Fives has played fullback, I remember specifically a Munster u21 game v Tipp in Thurles a few years back when we were robbed by a dodgy ref the same day.

Has never even been considered there at senior level though so cant see him going back there at this stage.

He played one game there Vs Cork in the league in Pairc Ui Rinn back in 2012, Micheal Ryan's first game in charge. Lehane got 0-7 points from play, and we conceded a few goals and at least one of them was a high ball that wasn't dealt with.

He's too injury prone to be considered a solution there anyway. Brilliant hurler though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

DiscoStew wrote: »
    I’m a bit confused by this. You have a full back who has never played the position, .

I think if you trawl through teams of the past you'll find strange decisions and placements of players ,the one that springs to mind is Davy Fitz,s decision to play Ken mc Grath at full back wtf, and to a lesser extent (at least he was on the right side of the field) place Eoin Kelly at corner forward, D Fives will have to do some amount of work to get himself into that team , lovely hurler with no luck , hope that changes , he could be a great asset in this team, and not be curtailed as he was under mc Grath ,ie not a loud to cross the half way line , the lads that have the jersey are in control at the moment and thats the way it should be .looking forward to Sunday ,it should be a great day, at least we travel now with excitement .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cake Man wrote: »
    Anyone know where to watch any highlights of the game (and ideally something accessible outside the country). So far nothing up on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/rgSxYNvxF20

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭IanVW

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

IanVW wrote: »

Will add more motivation too win now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gardner

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will add more motivation too win now

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I wonder whether someone in Thurles has pissed off someone in Croke Park. The usual habit of yerra let's put any neutral hurling match (and quite a few non-neutral ones) there seems to be falling out of favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

Get over Galway and we have to trek up to Dublin to a half empty and atmosphere-less Croke Park for a league final. I'd take Thurles, Portlaoise, Tullamore or any provincial ground for a league final over a dead Croke Park, at least there might be some atmosphere present. Pointless bringing the football up there as well if Kerry are in it as well as they'd probably bring 5,000 max, whereas if they are playing Mayo or Galway which is most likely, Limerick would be an ideal venue.

Michael Duignan tipped Waterford to win a close game on morning Ireland this morning. I nearly crashed my car with the shock

Get over Galway and we have to trek up to Dublin to a half empty and atmosphere-less Croke Park for a league final. I'd take Thurles, Portlaoise, Tullamore or any provincial ground for a league final over a dead Croke Park, at least there might be some atmosphere present. Pointless bringing the football up there as well if Kerry are in it as well as they'd probably bring 5,000 max, whereas if they are playing Mayo or Galway which is most likely, Limerick would be an ideal venue.

Thurles would be pretty dead as well. I guess it would be the better venue for a game against Limerick but why not Kilkenny or Portlaoise for one against Dublin? A little imagination in these things isn't too much to ask. Although mentioning Limerick in the context of a Kerry-Mayo game...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭shockframe

Croke park might be an option for a double header due to the Dublin footballers missing out.

Kerry Galway for instance wouldn't bring much of a crowd so doubling it up with the hurling is a decent idea.

Might be testing the water for a double header of league finals at Patrick's Day. The club finals on that day has long lost its neutral appeal.

Kerry would bring a higher crowd than you night believe. There would be a lot from Kerry and Limerick that would travel up and make a day of it.

Should Limerick win its an ideal double header to go to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭spideyman92

deiseach wrote: »
    I wonder whether someone in Thurles has pissed off someone in Croke Park. The usual habit of yerra let's put any neutral hurling match (and quite a few non-neutral ones) there seems to be falling out of favour.

I thought the pitch in Thurles didn't look the best in the Dublin Tipp game so it's probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

It'll be a double header in Croker because they'll need the extra attendance to make up for the fact that Dublin footballers won't be in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

People need to relax and worry about Sunday first instead of the final!

Galway have introduced a lot of new players and experimented in this league.
    Brian Concannon has impressed in the forwards while Canning seems to be in excellent form. Cathal Mannon at midfield also seems to be working as he is chipping in with scores which will allow Johnny Coen return to the backs come championship but he could even start this weekend. They’ve also put Padraig Mannion at centre back and McInerney to the wing but I think they may revert as both are possibly suited to their more natural positions, although McInerney was moved to full back last Sunday to sure up the full back line which I would see as their weakness. I think Padraig Mannion is out of this weekends match so Coen will slip on to the wing with MacInerney at CB. Fair play to Jack Grealish who has left a flourishing soccer career with Aston Villa to pursue his hurling but I do think Waterford can get at the Galway full back line as Tuohy, Burke and Hanbury don’t seem to be playing and with the 2 Bennett’s and Hogan/Ryan actually playing inside, we have a strong scoring threat. Patrick Curran played for his club this week so also may see game time you would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

Galway have introduced a lot of new players and experimented in this league.
    Brian Concannon has impressed in the forwards while Canning seems to be in excellent form. Cathal Mannon at midfield also seems to be working as he is chipping in with scores which will allow Johnny Coen return to the backs come championship but he could even start this weekend. They’ve also put Padraig Mannion at centre back and McInerney to the wing but I think they may revert as both are possibly suited to their more natural positions, although McInerney was moved to full back last Sunday to sure up the full back line which I would see as their weakness. I think Padraig Mannion is out of this weekends match so Coen will slip on to the wing with MacInerney at CB. Fair play to Jack Grealish who has left a flourishing soccer career with Aston Villa to pursue his hurling but I do think Waterford can get at the Galway full back line as Tuohy, Burke and Hanbury don’t seem to be playing and with the 2 Bennett’s and Hogan/Ryan actually playing inside, we have a strong scoring threat. Patrick Curran played for his club this week so also may see game time you would think.

You're right about thinking ahead to the final but strongly fancy Waterford this Sunday all the same (not quite as much as I fancied us to beat Dublin).

Given a choice, I would say the players would prefer to play the final in Croke Park (experience for later in the year and all that).

At least Grealish is unlikely to be assaulted on Sunday by a fan running onto the pitch.

Oh dear. This thread is going to be on the wall of the Galway dressing room on Sunday, isn't it?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

Is the match on tv?

Is the match on tv?

Tg4 double header for the semi finals

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gardner wrote: »
    How?

A final in Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gardner

PTH2009 wrote: »