Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Aw lad, you could have streamed the game for free on tg4 player. If you download hola and change your current country to Ireland, load up the tg4 website then you’re sorted. That’s what I’m doing today

Tried that myself and all I'm getting is a basketball game from 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

KevIRL wrote: »
    Very poor stuff. Second to almost every ball and some terrible passing.a lot of very audible giving out among the players too. Blessed to be only two down

Who's got the biggest mouth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Great second half. Good battling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Some character in these lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

Callum lyons, despite a couple of nervous mistakes, has been outstanding. The young guys in general really stood up today when it counted. After a woeful start I thought we were in deep trouble to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****ing hell how did we win that

Great too get a final in Croke Park

Next Sunday 2pm Croke park. Mayo vs Kerry in football after

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Waterford vs limerick then ? That could easily be the Munster final this year. Fair play to Waterford for the fight back to win. The mess of last year seems to be gone and Waterford look like they might have a say in things this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Waterford vs limerick then ? That could easily be the Munster final this year. Fair play to Waterford for the fight back to win. The mess of last year seems to be gone and Waterford look like they might have a say in things this year.

am i right in saying we haven't met limerick in croke park since '07 ? am i also right in saying we haven't won a trophy there since '59?

If you ever need motivation,thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

The subs were great again today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

am i right in saying we haven't met limerick in croke park since '07 ? am i also right in saying we haven't won a trophy there since '59?

Well we haven’t played Limerick in the All Ireland series since ‘07 so you’re correct.

Confidence must be sky high in the panel now, beating Galway twice in the space of a couple of weeks is fair going no matter what time of the season it is. When the chips are down Waterford aren’t shying away.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Itssoeasy wrote: »

No idea. As a cork person I’m not happy about Waterford being back in the mix. I think cork gaa supporters were hoping they wouldn’t be. Well it’s the last all Ireland Waterford won so probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Good to see Waterford bully teams instead of being bullied. Their skill level is top class aswell. Even If they dont win the league the fact they beat Galway twice and got to the final will be good for their mentality and confidence going forward.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Such a strange match . At nothing in the first half . Nothing went right for the full forward line. That referee isn't good enough to do inter county. I thought Kearney was shafted by the linesman. Jack was excellent when he came on and should have started, dunford has had enough chances over many years and is just not up too it. Jamie Barron immense again today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

What's very encouraging is the fight the lads are showing. Both days against Galway things looked very bad for them at stages of both games, they managed to turn both games around. Against Clare you'd forget given the massive winning margin they were down at HT. True elements played a major factor but still seems the lads really perform in the final stages of games. Bodes well for the season ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Strange one with Dunford. I thought Jack and Colm Roche were very good last week and were unlucky not to start the match today. I guess this was giving a chance to see how Dunford would play but unfortunately he didn’t pass the test. Mannion had it all his own way in the first half at midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Great victory today when they were so off the pace at times in the first half. The goal which was a gift, kept them in it at half time. Worked their way back into it in the second half but Galway went to pieces after the sending off and Waterford upped it. The shoulder by Moran on Canning was a 'none shall pass' moment.

Great that the final is in Croker next week, no harm to get as many games in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Winning playing badly is a good thing. Hanging in when behind and then pressign home an advantage when the chance presents is what the likes of KK have always done over the years. Positives was the fight shown, 9 different players scored, Jamie Barron excellent, Callum Lyons likewise, jack prendergast and Peter Barron great impacts. Moran great too.

Negatives. Dunford v poor, full forwards not clicking, Austin not at the races, tdb distribution awful. First half the whole team v slow to the ball, and passing really poor too. Players shouting at each other and seemed to be some general confusion

Kearney lucky not to get a straight red I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Forgot positive - soky saves. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

KevIRL wrote: »
    Winning playing badly is a good thing. Hanging in when behind and then pressign home an advantage when the chance presents is what the likes of KK have always done over the years. Positives was the fight shown, 9 different players scored, Jamie Barron excellent, Callum Lyons likewise, jack prendergast and Peter Barron great impacts. Moran great too.

Negatives. Dunford v poor, full forwards not clicking, Austin not at the races, tdb distribution awful. First half the whole team v slow to the ball, and passing really poor too. Players shouting at each other and seemed to be some general confusion

Kearney lucky not to get a straight red I thought

My view was slightly obscured of the incident but what I thought happened was Kearney and Harte tussled for a ball in the air after a free had been given in our back line. It seemed like Harte struck Kearney in some manner, not sure of the exact nature, and Kearney ripped the hurl out of his hands and threw it away. Maybe the throwing of the hurl is a yellow I don’t know, but it certainly wasn’t done without reason was my view of it. Harte went a long way out of his way to find Kearney after full time and seemed like he was offering some sort of an apology or explanation.
    Perhaps I missed something to say you felt Kearney could have seen a straight red??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Great win!! Delighted to be heading to Croker next weekend for a national final!!

We started so poor again, we need to sort that. Galway were on fire though. Great to see us work our way back into it. We really didn't play well in the first half though and were lucky not to be 8 points down by half time through some great SOK saves and what looked like a very soft goal.

Great to see Jack Prendergast prove he is a consistent hurler. He's after doing enough for me now and I think we should fit him in the first 15. Find of the year by Fanning along with Calum. I don't understand why Fanning is persisting with Dunford at midfield though. I don't think it suits him there.

Great to Hogan come on and catch a high ball and drive it over and what about Tommy Ryan's superb second half point.

Having looked at all the positives, we really have so much to improve on. The Bennetts were quiet enough, we missed loads of frees too, TDB turned the ball over with silly passes and wasn't his usual self, Aussie was in and out and despite all that, we still won.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

Callum Lyons has been the find of the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sadly Dj Foran didnt do well for the short time he was on. Could of got a goal that would of tied up the game with a few mins too spare but just missed the pass

A lot of whinning about Croke Park been the venue on twitter etc but what can ya do. Great too have a game there thats really not do or die and we deserve it. Limerick will be very tough and well up for the game.

Meeting our GAA cousins in Mayo next week too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Was written on another thread but I'll say it again.
    "That was the shoulder of the year".
    Canning still doesn't know what hit him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

Such a strange match . At nothing in the first half . Nothing went right for the full forward line. That referee isn't good enough to do inter county. I thought Kearney was shafted by the linesman. Jack was excellent when he came on and should have started, dunford has had enough chances over many years and is just not up too it. Jamie Barron immense again today

Agree fully on your points.

That linesman (Horgan, who else ).

Great atmosphere in last 20 minutes .... Galway lads near me were shi**ing themselves, even with the extra man.

Limerick a different kettle of fish but Waterford will be relishing the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

https://twitter.com/i/status/1109899521163698176

Hopefully this is viewable? It seems that this is what has twitter alight. I see it being a free out, no more. There's no force in it

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

Hopefully this is viewable? It seems that this is what has twitter alight. I see it being a free out, no more. There's no force in it[/quote

Anyone on here know why Bennett changed the sliotar before he scored goal. Official seemed to be examing it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Hopefully this is viewable? It seems that this is what has twitter alight. I see it being a free out, no more. There's no force in it

Nothing to see there only weak hands clutching for out of reach straws.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭upthedeise16

Did he even make contact when he went down? Aussie gets a good score, it’s blown up as the best ever, similarly he makes a tackle or contact with a player and it’s blown up. He can’t do anything without being scrutinized

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Deise189

DeiseDawg wrote: »

Hopefully this is viewable? It seems that this is what has twitter alight. I see it being a free out, no more. There's no force in it[/quote

Anyone on here know why Bennett changed the sliotar before he scored goal. Official seemed to be examing it later.[/quote

For nearly every Galway free in the first half, they changed the sliothar, Bennett then changed it back for every free he took. It was getting farcical at the end of the first half didn’t notice it in the 2nd maybe the ref had a word with them.

Only reason I can think of is that both teams use different brands of sliothar and wanted to use there own preferred one? I always thought that if teams didn’t agree on brand of sliothar then the sliothar could only be changed for puc outs. Open to correction on this though as I’m not 100% sure

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement