Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Cake Man

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Great win for the minors

Think ourselfs, Limerick and Clare or Tipp are on 4pts and it's Wat vs Cork and Limerick vs Clare next week with Tipp having there last game today ??. Could be wrong 4G is terrible up here can't look it up for definite

Correct

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

PTH2009 wrote:
    Think ourselfs, Limerick and Clare or Tipp are on 4pts and it's Wat vs Cork and Limerick vs Clare next week with Tipp having there last game today ??. Could be wrong 4G is terrible up here can't look it up for definite

If Clare beat limerick and cork beat us next week it means all 5 teams will have 4 points and it will come down to score difference which will knock us out

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Any limerick stations with the game on ? WLR just hanging

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Any limerick stations with the game on ? WLR just hanging
    Streams down from all sources. WLR tech department abysmal as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

got it on Limerick 95FM

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Good night Vienna

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Embassasing stuff, I feel like heading home.

WLR stream up now. For ads at half time. Don't think we've missed much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 MourningWood

#derekin lol, clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That's that

Sadly not our year and it's hard to see any light now

We were shocking today

We need changes in management

Don't think many will travel next Sunday but hopefully a few will for the minors

The Limerick crowd on the terrace were class as always. Really dont need that soccer chanting in GAA. Really gives Limerick people a bad name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Deisedozzer

A complete disaster from start to finish. We abandoned the lovely passing game from last week and reverted to lateral hit and hope and were cleaned out in almost all positions, particularly at midfield. Don't like singling out players but McNulty, Moran and Barron were just woeful. A number of other players looked like they had lead in their boots, either 3 weeks on the road has caught up with us or the team is being overtrained. Limerick were outstanding throughout and if they can get a result next week and make the Munster final there is no reason why they can't target going all the way.

The next managerial appointment is absolutely crucial, an inside appointment could be the beginning of the end of a talented group of players. I don't think this championship is a true representation of where we are.

On the plus side, the minors gave one of the finest displays I have seen from our underage teams against a very fancied Limerick team. Some outstanding displays, particularly in our full back line which was just superb throughout. Anyone considering not travelling next week on account of the senior loss should get to Thurles and support this team who are now one win from a Munster final against what I think is a very average Cork team.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

Couldn't make it to the game so had to make do with radio. Wlr app wouldn't work on two phones, a tablet and a laptop. Absolute joke. Had to resort to listening to Limerick radio.Their commentator was like Father Stone from Father Ted. Difficult listening. Bad enough not having it televised, but to have radio one and radió na gaeltachta pick the game being televised as their main commentary and then to find your own local station can't run an app or web service.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Couldn't make it to the game so had to make do with radio. Wlr app wouldn't work on two phones, a tablet and a laptop. Absolute joke. Had to resort to listening to Limerick radio.Their commentator was like Father Stone from Father Ted. Difficult listening. Bad enough not having it televised, but to have radio one and radió na gaeltachta pick the game being televised as their main commentary and then to find your own local station can't run an app or web service.

V hard for any commentators to make that game exciting Game was over after 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

No I know that but by god was he boring. His county were playing outstanding hurling by all accounts but he was just the same monotone voooooice-desperate to listen to.

Very interested to hear people's views on the next management team. Ultimately Derek's style of hurling has only taken us so far and whoever comes in needs to start from scratch. My own feeling is that unless we can somehow get a proven winner from outside the county that we will slip back into the pack and this generation of talented players will be wasted. Have heard various rumours about Anthony Daly and DJ Carey being interested.

Very interested to hear people's views on the next management team. Ultimately Derek's style of hurling has only taken us so far and whoever comes in needs to start from scratch. My own feeling is that unless we can somehow get a proven winner from outside the county that we will slip back into the pack and this generation of talented players will be wasted. Have heard various rumours about Anthony Daly and DJ Carey being interested.

Really hope we don't go with someone like Fergal Hartley or Peter Quelly but have a feeling we could. Sean Power who lead us to minor and u21 AI titles could get he nod as it has worked with Clare/Limerick and Tipp in the past

Any outside guy managing Waterford clubs ?? Wasant the guy who managed Cork in 2010 Ballygunner boss for a while ??

It's really exciting and worrying at the same time. Derek could stay for another year ?

Really hope we don't go with someone like Fergal Hartley or Peter Quelly but have a feeling we could. Sean Power who lead us to minor and u21 AI titles could get he nod as it has worked with Clare/Limerick and Tipp in the past

Any outside guy managing Waterford clubs ?? Wasant the guy who managed Cork in 2010 Ballygunner boss for a while ??

It's really exciting and worrying at the same time. Derek could stay for another year ?

I really pray for the sake of the panel that we don't go for Queally or Hartley - while great Waterford men, they have both managed underage teams with very poor results and an extremely negative brand of hurling. I would prefer Seán Power over either but he has no senior experience and would be a huge risk. Personally would love to see Anthony Daly have a go, he made great progress with a Dublin panel that had nowhere near the level of underage success or talent as our current panel. I feel he could bring the likes of Patrick Curran, Stephen Bennett and Conor Gleeson to the next level, these guys need someone to instil some confidence and allow them to play the way we know they can.

No way Derek will go another year, he has given it everything and I think we need to move on.

I really pray for the sake of the panel that we don't go for Queally or Hartley - while great Waterford men, they have both managed underage teams with very poor results and an extremely negative brand of hurling. I would prefer Seán Power over either but he has no senior experience and would be a huge risk. Personally would love to see Anthony Daly have a go, he made great progress with a Dublin panel that had nowhere near the level of underage success or talent as our current panel. I feel he could bring the likes of Patrick Curran, Stephen Bennett and Conor Gleeson to the next level, these guys need someone to instil some confidence and allow them to play the way we know they can.

No way Derek will go another year, he has given it everything and I think we need to move on.

I think Dublin went well underage in 2005/6 before Daly took over ??

Could we go with a management team with a few names as coach's /sectors ??. Sean Power as manager, Paul Flynn as selector and may be Jason Ryan as coach

At least this new management team will have a lot of time to prepare for 2019, much more than we had for this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tramore84

That's that

Sadly not our year and it's hard to see any light now

We were shocking today

We need changes in management

Don't think many will travel next Sunday but hopefully a few will for the minors

The Limerick crowd on the terrace were class as always. Really dont need that soccer chanting in GAA. Really gives Limerick people a bad name

I wasnt there today , didn't sound too good, gonna travel next wkd though, will always support my county when I can.

We need a home venue next year - the County Board need to get their finger out and plan for a home venue for next year, not the year after.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tramore84

In the words of Mark Landers - bring back Justin McCarthy.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Tramore84 wrote:
    We need a home venue next year - the County Board need to get their finger out and plan for a home venue for next year, not the year after.

No home games next year either. 2 games in cork 2 games in Thurles .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Tramore84 wrote: »
    I wasnt there today , didn't sound too good, gonna travel next wkd though, will always support my county when I can.

Or the Munster Council at least need to let ye play in Nowlan.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Shocking stuff today.
    Hard to overstate how far ahead limerick, the space they had around the pitch was ridiculous, especially from their own puckouts, they must have won 80% clean possetion there.

Clueless tactics from waterford who just rather ed ball in on bunched forwards ( 2nd half all ireland final anyone?) . Limerick mopped up with ease and sprayed intellefent ball on the deck in front of their forwards.

The scoreline flattered us as limerick hit at least 5 bad wides and had 2 goal chances well saved.

Tramore84 wrote: »

In the words of Mark Landers - bring back Justin McCarthy.
    Or in my words as a strawberry ye might have Davy....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Encapsulated87

Feel sorry for McGrath I think he wanted the best for Waterford but it wasn't to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Maurice looked injured when he came on, he wasn't moving too free. Shambles all around though, way off the pace Limerick set and it should have been worse. Shame, last weeks performace was great but his week we went back to the same muck we've been at for years

Derek after a shaky start in 2014 got us to a League title in 2015 and a final in 2016, 2 Munster finals, 3 All Ireland Semi finals, 1 All Ireland semi final replay, got us a championship victory over Kilkenny and got us to an All Ireland final in 2017. He made marquee names of some of the lads and gave the job 100%. Things sometimes dont work out we had good days and very bad days but sadly he never got us over the line but he gave us some days out and wish him all the best for his GAA future whatever he decides to do

Was looking at the AI minor championship structure just there. If we get to the munster final we will have another stab at getting to Croke Park. The 2 losing prov finalists go into a 3 team Round robin with Galway for the last 2 semi final spaces (top 2 in the group qualify for the semi finals with the Munster/Leinster champs).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Fred C Dobbs

Jaysus, that was very hard to watch today. Not at the races any stage. Some players couldn’t even hit the ball out of their way. Lost nearly all puck outs and 50/50 exchanges. At times, Conor Gleeson, Devine and Tommy Ryan were the only players to show any spark at all ; and Brick battled away to the bitter end. Aussie and Pauric clearly unfit. The only positive from today was the minors victory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement