Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Spurs' GW37 trip to Bournemouth has been moved from 8pm on Monday 6 May, to 12:30pm on Saturday 4 May. #FPL

Yes and Liverpool confirmed for 7:45pm on the Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Rikand wrote:
    "Friends" probably thought they'd do it for the laugh

km79 wrote:
    That’s why I have no friends It’s not worth the risk

Does the scout from FPLScout count as a friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just saw on Twitter that Jonty from Fantasy Football Scout and a regular on the Scoutcast has a bleed on his brain. He has a great insight into fantasy football, I hope he gets well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just saw on Twitter that Jonty from Fantasy Football Scout and a regular on the Scoutcast has a bleed on his brain. He has a great insight into fantasy football, I hope he gets well soon.

Hear hear, hope he makes a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fingers crossed he's ok. Have enjoyed the scout cast since he took it over. Also appreciate the extra podcasts hes been doing too.

• Advertisement

Press conference times:

Parker - 1pm
    Siewert - 1pm
    Hughton - 1:30pm
    Klopp - 1:30pm
    Hasenhüttl - 2pm
    Silva - 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is there somewhere to check how many chips are left in play for say Top 1k,10k,50k etc

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Is there somewhere to check how many chips are left in play for say Top 1k,10k,50k etc

According to FPL Discovery, in the top 10k:

2.8% still have their wildcard.
    40.5% still have their TC.
    13.9% still have their Bench Boost.
    0.7% still have their Free Hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Have all the league tables been fully updated? I was top of one of my leagues by 27 points before the DGW 35 began. 2nd place scored 113 during the DGW while i scored 137. But i'm somehow 2nd and behind by 2 points. I can't figure out how i'm 2nd and there's no red arrow. I can't remember how many points I had before the gameweek. Just remember being 27 ahead. Strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is SlickRic still reppin boards close to the top 100 mark?

• Advertisement

Is SlickRic still reppin boards close to the top 100 mark?

Yeah, he's 63rd in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Have all the league tables been fully updated? I was top of one of my leagues by 27 points before the DGW 35 began. 2nd place scored 113 during the DGW while i scored 137. But i'm somehow 2nd and behind by 2 points. I can't figure out how i'm 2nd and there's no red arrow. I can't remember how many points I had before the gameweek. Just remember being 27 ahead. Strange one.

You haven't accidentally not played your bench boost or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

You haven't accidentally not played your bench boost or something?

No, we both had bench boost played.

I just went to each of our gameweek histories and added up total points from GW1-34. And i'm ahead by 27 points just as i remember when i checked last Friday.

I then added our points totals from GW35 to the total from GW1-34 and both our total figures are off. It's just a 2 man league but it's for a good few quid. Even talking to him today and he's surprised it's saying he is top now.

Yeah, he's 63rd in the world.

6 away from the best finish ever

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kennethrhcp

I asked for your correct team link on FFS, I'll take a look if you let me know team ID

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://fplreview.com/season-review/

Interesting tool from fpl review, it reviews team seasonal performance based on bookmaker odds & xG data and gives you a "fair rank".

A higher points expectation than actual score indicates overperformance/luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Interesting tool from fpl review, it reviews team seasonal performance based on bookmaker odds & xG data and gives you a "fair rank".

I'm afraid to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Luck -49? I'm guessing that means I've been unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’m 2nd in my ML. I’m 54 points behind. On ‘fair points’ I should be 86 ahead:eek::mad:

Benimar wrote: »
    I’m 2nd in my ML. I’m 54 points behind. On ‘fair points’ I should be 86 ahead:eek::mad:

Congratulations, Raymond Babbit I presume, on being able to understand anything from that website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 fplreview

Congratulations, Raymond Babbit I presume, on being able to understand anything from that website.

Hey, you're speaking to Raymond Babbit himself!

This site is actually Irish developed and if you have any questions I'm happy to try to explain. Web design isn't really my thing so apologies if it's not clear what's going on

Didn't see that coming

going by that I'm an extremely lucky and about 1,000,000 places higher then I should be, ****e and I thought I was figuring it all out

fplreview wrote: »
    Hey, you're speaking to Raymond Babbit himself!

This site is actually Irish developed and if you have any questions I'm happy to try to explain. Web design isn't really my thing so apologies if it's not clear what's going on

Ha. What are the odds ?

Well 2 out of 3 on here, so far, have understood it so that just leaves me not understanding it.

I reckon the other 2 are more representative of the FPL brigade so I’m sure it’s fine.

I’ve never hidden my stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

That says I should be 61 points better off than i am. Feels good to feel unlucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote:
    That says I should be 61 points better off than i am. Feels good to feel unlucky!

I'm the opposite, I'm just a big luck box apparently and should have 114 points less than I do! It's always better to be lucky then good as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

60 odd points or so ahead myself. Some bad weeks but a decent push up the ranks as of late

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

fplreview wrote:

I think you should explain clearly what each value means in the analysis summary. I'm not sure what all of them mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fplreview

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think you should explain clearly what each value means in the analysis summary. I'm not sure what all of them mean.

Sure can give it a go when I have a bit of spare time

I'll detail what's going on here and hopefully it will clear some things up for you. The site collects odds and xG data and uses them to project player points (on the Team Planner page)

Using the collected data any team can be analysed to see how many points they were expected to get based on the both odds and xG data. Then by comparing your actual result to these metrics your overperformance/luck can be calculated.

The odds perspective is that a player may have been expected to perform against weak opposition. If he doesn't, it can be considered unlucky as the decision is sound.

The xG perspective is easier to relate to but not more valuable in my opinion. If your player is wasting sitters and then scoring as soon as your mate buys him that can be considered unlucky.

So effectively your left with 5 scores, FPL, xG and Odds pts should be obvious from the above. Fair pts is just the average of xG and Odds, ie. considering it from both perspectives for a more overall picture. Luck is the difference between your fair score and the actual result.

The ranks beneath the scores are developed from comparing your team to a sample of managers and indicates your skill level in the world. Top ranked teams tend to be quite lucky due to the nature of probability, so if you have a good rank without being lucky the chances are you are making fantastic decisions.

For luck I use a percentile score rather than rank - 90th percentile is lucky, 50th is totally normal and 10th is rotten luck.

There are a lot of cool trends that come out of this when you really dig into the data, but maybe I'll get into that another day as I'm sure mostly just confusing people

• Advertisement

How do use odds to get accurate scoring for assists?

Do you calculate bonus points into your calculations? (as it would be fairer for xg but not bookies odds once you are using xg stats against the bonus system FPL use) ((I've no idea but it might be fairer just to leave them out altogether))

How you calculate the clean sheets for Defenders also interests me (in xg terms it kind of makes sense) but when you have a 4,0,-1,-2 ratio. I cant really get my head around it.

Also fill us in on some interesting trends :D

Great and interesting site,

From my point of view you need to fix the table to be easier read although I'm not 100% sure how

Advertisement