Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Thanks for posting about it. I will give it a watch.

Here is the link for anyone else
    very good interview, Cody's dream like was said and just seems like a sound fella

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Rebelside

Noddy33 wrote: »
    Nope he did not get taken off after 20mins and he was centre forward that they after playing some walsh cup games in the forwards. He scored 3 or 4 points from play that day in what was he first league game in the new stadium in Cork. Buckley was captain that night and scored if my memory is right two fantastic points from wing back

It was the second league game played in Pairc Ui Frainc actually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭brookville

Grats wrote: »
    Revised Panel with B Cody Shamrocks Ballyhale added:

Shamrocks Ballyhale
    TJ Reid, Joey Holden, R Reid, D Mullen, A Mullen, E Cody, D Corcoran, B Cody

Dicksboro
    C Buckley, A Nolan

James Stephens
    C Browne, N Brassil, T Dwyer, E Guilfoyle, C Kenny

O'Loughlins
    P Deegan, H Lawlor, E O'Shea

Tullaroan
    P Walsh, T Walsh, M Keoghan

Bennettsbridge
    L Blanchfield, D Blanchfield

Danesfort
    R Hogan

Tullogher Rosbercon
    W Walsh

Comer
    C Fogarty, C Delaney, C Wallace

Freshford
    D Brennan

Glenmore
    E Murphy, A Murphy

Thomastown
    J Donnelly

G Ballycallan
    B Ryan

Rower Inistioge
    R Leahy

Jason cleere took a year out last year to try fix a few niggles i don't know if he is back.I presume kevin kelly is gone after a troublesome time with injuries but James bergin and mikey carey are still on the panel as far as I know.
    Best wishes to Anne dalton in her retirement a great leader and great player and deservedly goes out on a high.
    Thanks to Paul Murphy and ger aylward for the time,effort and commitment.Ger was unlucky with injury but on his day he was a menace.Its a pity he didn't get a clearer run at things.
    Paul was one of the best defenders in the game for a good number of years.A crowds player with big clearances.He had many a great game for us.Its probably unlucky he is finished and not 32 yet but we all called for change in defence the last few seasons.Some might say we should of brought him on against Waterford when the game started to turn.
    There is rumours of a few more players calling a day so it wouldn't suprise us if it does happen.
    Joey Holden and wally are seeing less game time while there is a question mark over richie hogan.Conor fogartys form has dipped a few years.
    On the few young lads called in we will have to give them a chance.I would have a small gripe with John Walsh and Shane Walsh not being called in or at least put on a gym programme.Both are scoring fowards who have being good for their club.Both are vocal which Cody doesn't like but both are definitely good enough to be tried for more than a few minutes.
    We need to address key positions on the team that have struggled a few years.We need game plans to best utilise fowards weather that will happens remains to be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Grats

Revised Panel with J Bergin Conahy Shamrocks and M Carey Young Ireland added:

Shamrocks Ballyhale
    TJ Reid, Joey Holden, R Reid, D Mullen, A Mullen, E Cody, D Corcoran, B Cody

Dicksboro
    C Buckley, A Nolan

James Stephens
    C Browne, N Brassil, T Dwyer, E Guilfoyle, C Kenny

O'Loughlins
    P Deegan, H Lawlor, E O'Shea

Tullaroan
    P Walsh, T Walsh, M Keoghan

Bennettsbridge
    L Blanchfield, D Blanchfield

Danesfort
    R Hogan

Tullogher Rosbercon
    W Walsh

Comer
    C Fogarty, C Delaney, C Wallace

Freshford
    D Brennan

Glenmore
    E Murphy, A Murphy

Thomastown
    J Donnelly

G Ballycallan
    B Ryan

Rower Inistioge
    R Leahy

Conahy Shamrocks
    James Bergin

Young Irelands
    M Carey.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭RamonD3

Just watched paul Murphy's interview on off the ball.. came across as a very sound bloke.. pretty much Cody's dream I'd say.. loved to train.. never injured. .never any quibbles or gripes..
    He is also an excellent story teller..tommy Walsh could have a rival.. his description of 2013 v tipp really brought home to me firstly how special that panel was and secondly how much we are really missing out due to covid..before anyone tasks I'm afraid I dont have a link to it..I'm very low tech.😀

Yes that 2013 game was as good an atmosphere as I can remember, being in an almost full ground 90 minutes from throw in, magic. You really don't know what you've got til it's gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

Without colin at the edge of the square as the physical presence.
    I think it will cause us to evolve into a different strategy. We need to find pace in the full forward line apart from ryan we are not lightning quick and corner backs handle very good slow hurlers all day.
    I hope we don't just but tj in there now and do the same thing as last year.

Either that or Liam Blanchfield would be similiar to Colin at No. 14. Very good for Carlow IT in last years Fitzgibbon Cup on the square.

As I say, an option, if given a run in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Yes definitely worth looking at .seems to have a lot of hamstring trouble
    Was excellent for carlow.He needs to nail down a spot or will be another to leave the panel without fulfilling his potential.
    I would put leahy in that bracket also just seems to pick niggles alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

RamonD3 wrote: »
    Yes that 2013 game was as good an atmosphere as I can remember, being in an almost full ground 90 minutes from throw in, magic. You really don't know what you've got til it's gone!

The park shock that night when the final whistle went it will live long in the memory of a lot of people they just were not going to sit down and die that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

The best of luck to Conor Phelan coming in as a selector with the senior team.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

I see tom mullaly got the carlow job... was a lot of rumours of DJ..mullally is quietly building a nice cv

• Advertisement

Rumour probably started on here.i had heard Mullally was inline done alot with Mts leinster i think paddy may also be on ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Comerman

Is this thread not updating for anyone else?

In regards to colin taking a year out it has to be said he has done a huge amount of hurling and then you have ballyhale winning club all Irelands no matter how much you love the game the commitment is going through the roof.
    In the last few years shane Bennett,Jack mccaffery,dermot connolly have took time off.two galvins in clare.
    This year already soky and Paul mannion,seadna morey are after taking time off.The only thing colin is closer to finishing his career than starting.With covid last year and the championship only finishing a few weeks ago its a very quick turn around.Maybe a year out could refresh a player and extend their career.
    Best of luck to conor phelan in his new role and tom mullally going to carlow is a good appointment.Eddie brennan,David herity,Henry have all done very well in management.Brian dowling with the camogie.Tommy shefflin is an excellent coach and will probably go in with Henry if he gets the big job.Tom mullally is building a good cv.James meagher has had success.
    .Its a pity a few of these weren't brought into the backroom team and things freshend up.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭conor05

brookville wrote: »
    In regards to colin taking a year out it has to be said he has done a huge amount of hurling and then you have ballyhale winning club all Irelands no matter how much you love the game the commitment is going through the roof.
    In the last few years shane Bennett,Jack mccaffery,dermot connolly have took time off.
    This year already soky and Paul mannion are after taking time off.The only thing colin is closer to finishing his career than starting.With covid last year and the championship only finishing a few weeks ago its a very quick turn around.Maybe a year out could refresh a player and extend their career.
    Best of luck to conor phelan in his new role and tom mullally going to carlow is a good appointment.Eddie brennan,David herity,Henry have all done very well in management.Brian dowling with the camogie.Tommy shefflin is an excellent coach and will probably go in with Henry if he gets the big job.Tom mullally is building a good cv.James meagher has had success.
    .Its a pity a few of these weren't brought into the backroom team and things freshend up.

Cody had asked Henry in as a selector at start of 2020 but Henry declined.

Henry was cute enough not to fall for that trap!

conor05 wrote: »
    Cody had asked Henry in as a selector at start of 2020 but Henry declined.

Henry was cute enough not to fall for that trap!

I had heard that aswell.Henry would probably take it on his own and more than likely his brother tommy be on his ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭KK36

In fairness it's not the likes of Tom Mullally, Eddie or Henry who need (or should want) to go in with Cody. In time one of them will take over from Cody. What Cody's setup needs is the likes of Tommy Shefflin, James Maher or Paddy Mullally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Good point by R Power in that article -
    “There was always going to be a turnover of players, it was always going to come to the stage where we needed to rebuild again. And that’s what we’re doing. Is Brian the right man? Well, he’s rebuilt three or four times at this stage so who else has that track record? Nobody. He knows the process better than anybody.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Denis Walsh having another cut off Cody seems to be enjoying it. I don't think there's anything he's saying that's wrong by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Castlecomer

Denis Walsh article attached.

Geniuses also used a photo of the wrong fennelly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mooz

Thanks for the link Castlecomer.
    It's interesting to see where Henry and Richie O'Neill were both approached to join as coaches. Henry for obvious reasons but Richie's stock seems to be rising steadily too. Very well regarded in Ballyhale and I know he has done some great goalkeeping sessions with various teams like KK camogie team, U20 team, some of the Fitzgibbon teams and numerous club sides

For me walsh is gathering rumours and trying to reverse engineer a story.
    Henry and richie o neill were in place in thomastown with 3 months at this stage.so suggesting they were approached recently is nonsense.
    Henry was approached last year before Martin Comerford was appointed

I suppose you can say what you want when you add in "its understood" covers the. a lad told me who heard it from codys dog bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jonniegoogle

Henry and richie o neill were in place in thomastown with 3 months at this stage.so suggesting they were approached recently is nonsense. .

I think both probably were approached. Conor Phelan is currently managing Mount Leinster Rangers , so I don't think anyone being involved in club management would rule them out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

Where was Fán Larkin in the 1966 Final?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Henry and richie o neill were in place in thomastown with 3 months at this stage.so suggesting they were approached recently is nonsense.

Reverse engineering ahoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Henry was approached last year before Martin Comerford was appointed

I suppose you can say what you want when you add in "its understood" covers the. a lad told me who heard it from codys dog bull****.

It's silly season stuff. A proper journalist wouldn't be peddling half arsed rumours as much as he does.

https://twitter.com/OutputSports/status/1353712891216670721?s=19
    S&C testing being outsourced good development

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

https://twitter.com/OutputSports/status/1353712891216670721?s=19
    S&C testing being outsourced good development

It's a welcome step but I would prefer to see them make more steps towards setting up the proper structures for underage and a pathway through the Kilkenny system, so our underage players are ready for the step up to senior when they leave the underage ranks, our lads are not unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement